Rumor - Possible ticket price increases coming this Sunday (2/28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowb

Decent source confirms price hike for WDW coming this Sunday.. We were advised to get any prospective clients booked ahead of Sunday if possible.

Doesn't sound like they're going to dynamic pricing in OTown... Yet.

Are the AP's part of the price increase? I only ask because they just raised the prices when they implemented the new categories.

ToTBellHop

1) Build no new attractions. Not one e-ticket attraction in 10 + years.

2) Remove attractions from Hollywood Studios - under the banner they are going to make new attractions, only it will take 5 years or so to finish because construction companies are all fully booked up, and only Ronald and Arthur are left to do it all by themselves.

3) Cut costs, by getting rid of cast members.

4) Raise prices.

BOB IGER - GENIUS

bob-iger-news.jpg
In his defense, those steps led to record profits. Hmmm...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are the AP's part of the price increase? I only ask because they just raised the prices when they implemented the new categories.
It is very rare for a ticket category not to be part of the increase. From memory, on the water parks have tended to skip.

JourneysEnd

My sister-in-law is planning to buy a 1 day park hopper ticket for tomorrow. She wants to do HS and MK. Can she buy the $97 HS ticket plus $25 park hopper option and still be able to get into MK? Or because she's going to MK is she required to pay the MK ticket price of $105?
The price is the same. I one day ticket to Epcot with hopper is $165.08. The hopper becomes $58
A one day ticket to MK with hopper is $165.08 The hopper is $50.

Por-Favor-Manténgase

The park hopper add-on was the last real big scam masquerading as "Magic Your Way." Let's deconstruct the "Ultimate Park Hopper" that gets you in everywhere. Then we'll raise the base ticket price, and charge you separately for all the previously included options. Then we'll tell you how you are only paying for the options you want. All the bean counters at TDO must be former politicians because their spin skills are too good.

EOD K9

Now, this is just the surge main gate pricing correct? This isn't the "ticket book" prices is it? We have seen a lot of threads or conversations about "is this the end? or the start of the decline"? I think this actually may be a real tipping point. There will be a lot of people rethinking going to the World. It may be time to cruise more often. I will continue to keep my DVC though as it will give me a place for a base of operations and an income to rent out points to others.....so I can fuel my cruise habit.

olie64

Now, this is just the surge main gate pricing correct? This isn't the "ticket book" prices is it? We have seen a lot of threads or conversations about "is this the end? or the start of the decline"? I think this actually may be a real tipping point. There will be a lot of people rethinking going to the World. It may be time to cruise more often. I will continue to keep my DVC though as it will give me a place for a base of operations and an income to rent out points to others.....so I can fuel my cruise habit.

I hope it not the tipping point. I am just now in a place where going ever year could be a possibility but if is start losing values, for you more seasoned Disney, I'm new to it so I don't know what it was like pre-2013.

Reactions: Tay

UncleMike101

Virtually every company reaches a point where their customers question the value of the products, or services, and look around for more bang for their buck.
A good example is Colt Patent Firearms.
For decades they cruised along on their brand name without giving a rats behind for innovations or competitive pricing.
Now they're digging themselves out of a bankruptcy pit and are having to come up with new (to them) methods of marketing their products.
Apple is headed down the same trail since Mr. Jobs passed and will also nave to reinvent their marketing instead of relying of the name alone to keep them afloat.
Disney is making the same mistakes and will likely go through the same trauma unless Mr. Iger, et al, wake up to the realties of life in America today and start giving their customers a fair return on their vacation investments.

dstrawn9889

every time this comes up, you hear the same thing... tipping point, vote with my checkbook elsewhere... and nothing changes but the prices.

Rob562

The park hopper add-on was the last real big scam masquerading as "Magic Your Way." Let's deconstruct the "Ultimate Park Hopper" that gets you in everywhere. Then we'll raise the base ticket price, and charge you separately for all the previously included options. Then we'll tell you how you are only paying for the options you want. All the bean counters at TDO must be former politicians because their spin skills are too good.

If I recall my conclusions when I looked at the ticket price history before and after the change to MYW... Rather than the annual price increase, the year they changed to MYW the price for a 7-day ticket stayed the same, or possibly even went down a little depending on your options.

After that point the prices increased every year just as they would've anyway.

-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom