Rumor - Possible ticket price increases coming this Sunday (2/28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Rumor right now... I am hearing ticket price increases may be coming as soon as this Sunday 2/28

This change may introduce the difference in ticket pricing depending on the day or time of year (ex. Christmas/new years eve, weekends, food and wine, etc.) guess we'll see

CJR

So - introducing variable pricing right before Spring Break and Easter? Makes sense.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I already have 10 day hoppers with WP will I have to pay more to get in certain days this summer?

tk924

Rumor right now... I am hearing ticket price increases may be coming as soon as this Sunday 2/28

This change may introduce the difference in ticket pricing depending on the day or time of year (ex. Christmas/new years eve, weekends, food and wine, etc.) guess we'll see

The ticket prices go up every year, right?

Looks like DL is going to test tiered seasonal pricing.

w d w n t dot com said:
We have talked about this for a long time, but expect a formal announcement from Disney that Disneyland ticket pricing will be switching to a new tiered system very, very soon.
Rumors of Disney Parks going towards this kind of pricing system have been rumored for years, so much so that some of the competition has researched such pricing, and some other parks have even rolled it out already (namely Universal Studios Hollywood):
Under tiered seasonal ticket pricing, ticket prices can be higher or lower based on when you are visiting. Peak seasons like the summer and the Christmas season would be most expensive, while “off-season” months like January or September would be the least expensive. We have not yet received any pricing charts or information, but we expect a formal announcement from Disney soon.

There is no word if Walt Disney World or any other Disney Parks will adopt a similar system, but it is not expected at this time.

Last edited:

HiYa Pal

Curious to see any impact on annual passes.

I would hope slim to none above the usual annual increase. If the average AP holder is anything like me, I avoid the parks like the plague during peak times anyway. Once you've been in the off season, its really the only way to do it. And I'm sure Disney knows that. Hence why the "discounted" FL resident pass already has a ton of blackout dates. Its not really discounted since you're not getting a full year's worth of admittance.

tissandtully

Curious to see any impact on annual passes.

There will likely be more blackout dates the Gold Pass, which used to be just the Annual Pass now has around three weeks of blackouts, I expect that to probably increase and include the busier times of year.

DisneyFans4Life

My sister-in-law is planning to buy a 1 day park hopper ticket for tomorrow. She wants to do HS and MK. Can she buy the $97 HS ticket plus $25 park hopper option and still be able to get into MK? Or because she's going to MK is she required to pay the MK ticket price of $105?

glvsav37

There will likely be more blackout dates the Gold Pass, which used to be just the Annual Pass now has around three weeks of blackouts, I expect that to probably increase and include the busier times of year.

just wondering, if they changed B/O dates, but you already purchased the AP, do you think those previously open dates be honored?

b/c I'll be raising hell if they locked me out after I bought the pass

tissandtully

just wondering, if they changed B/O dates, but you already purchased the AP, do you think those previously open dates be honored?

b/c I'll be raising hell if they locked me out after I bought the pass

Yeah, should be honored, it's tied to the pass and catergoy, I doubt they will be doing any sort of changes to AP this year, because they just recategorized and renamed all the tiers just a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom