Rumor- Magicbands will be required for some character meet n greets

cw1982

As cw1982 said, last night they were listed as FP+ Only. I was actually told today that they have pushed back the rollout date of FP again. A very last minute change. Not really surprised since it was supposedly going to start in January, and then February and then May.

When you say they pushed back the rollout date of FP, I'm assuming you're just talking about these meet and greets? I'm just curious if there are other things at play that will eventually be FP only.

KevinYee

The Meet-Minnie line at DHS, which has been open for half a year or so, has only one doorway and only one line, and there are touch points at the entrance. So if they decide to turn on FP+, I don't see how they could physically do standby also. Maybe through the exit?

Cesar R M

The Meet-Minnie line at DHS, which has been open for half a year or so, has only one doorway and only one line, and there are touch points at the entrance. So if they decide to turn on FP+, I don't see how they could physically do standby also. Maybe through the exit?
Wouldn't be easier to move her elsewhere?
they have done the same with Pooh and other characters already.

No surprise if they end creating/modify/accomodate very specific buildings for meet and greets.

dreamfinder

Wouldn't be easier to move her elsewhere?
they have done the same with Pooh and other characters already.

No surprise if they end creating/modify/accomodate very specific buildings for meet and greets.

She isn't moving. That location screams being set up specifically for FP+ only M&Gs. The fact that no one else can see/hear the character makes it a great location for any next gen "talking Minnie". You don't have the info on your band? Well, you don't know that she called the group before you by name. Relatively small queue area works well when you can regulate how many people are in line at any give time using FP+ by only allowing a set number of reservations.

If anything, I'd say they keep going further forward with specific areas for M&Gs. It is just a progression of their regimentation of the entire M&G process at WDW. Custom locations allow for interactive queues, and the appropriate size lines. Not to mention they need things to shows as "good" about NGE and FP+, having special select M&G is a good way to do it. Just like reserved parade viewing. Private spot for 200 people out of the 5k watching the parade walk by. (overlooking the plethora of other spaces you can sit in to watch)

Cesar R M

She isn't moving. That location screams being set up specifically for FP+ only M&Gs. The fact that no one else can see/hear the character makes it a great location for any next gen "talking Minnie". You don't have the info on your band? Well, you don't know that she called the group before you by name. Relatively small queue area works well when you can regulate how many people are in line at any give time using FP+ by only allowing a set number of reservations.

If anything, I'd say they keep going further forward with specific areas for M&Gs. It is just a progression of their regimentation of the entire M&G process at WDW. Custom locations allow for interactive queues, and the appropriate size lines. Not to mention they need things to shows as "good" about NGE and FP+, having special select M&G is a good way to do it. Just like reserved parade viewing. Private spot for 200 people out of the 5k watching the parade walk by. (overlooking the plethora of other spaces you can sit in to watch)

You know, I never imagined the possibility of a talking Minnie!!.

Also good point on the FP+ possibilities.. because they are a lot. I just hope they develop the GOOD possibilities and not the "super exclusive pay 5453640 USD more for this" type.

RSoxNo1

Well, isn't the suggestion that this would be FP+ only? Having said that, with the potential for FP+ only Meet and Greet experiences wouldn't the demand have to be higher? What's the average wait for Minnie using Standby? I could see a FP+ only Anna and Elsa or Rapunzel, but characters that are seen everywhere with a 5 minutes or less wait further negate the value of some of these Fastpasses. They're desperately trying, but they're doing it poorly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom