Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

JohnD

Honestly if the show was replaced by the Muppets doing a parody or history lesson about america and the founding fathers it would be fantastic! They could even keep the AA's of Washington and Lincoln and add them into the show somehow.

While I “like” your post because — Muppetts! — I seriously don’t want HOP to change. It’s a classic. Granted the opening movie changes every 4 to 8 years but it’s still a homage to real American history.

The Grand Inquisitor

While I “like” your post because — Muppetts! — I seriously don’t want HOP to change. It’s a classic. Granted the opening movie changes every 4 to 8 years but it’s still a homage to real American history.
No I totally agree HOP should not change, but if it had to I would love to see the Muppets.

MrPromey

No I totally agree HOP should not change, but if it had to I would love to see the Muppets.

It's a tough one. In my lifetime, I've never seen that giant theater even close to full. Just the same, it does feel like it would be a shame.

I feel like they painted themselves in a corner with Clinton when they started doing the speech, though.

There seems to be no sign of the current political climate improving regardless of who wins this November* so maybe it really is time.

I guess as long as they keep Mr. Lincoln in some form in Disneyland....

*with people going back and retroactively hating on past presidents, I don't think it's ever going to improve.

GladToBeHear

It's a tough one. In my lifetime, I've never seen that giant theater even close to full. Just the same, it does feel like it would be a shame.

I feel like they painted themselves in a corner with Clinton when they started doing the speech, though.

There seems to be no sign of the current political climate improving regardless of who wins this November* so maybe it really is time.

I guess as long as they keep Mr. Lincoln in some form in Disneyland....

*with people going back and retroactively hating on past presidents, I don't think it's ever going to improve.

I don't think it has so much to do with politics for most people. I just think they find the attraction boring. Same goes for Carousel and American Adventure @ Epcot. We typically see about the same number of people for all three.

Even with a redo, I don't think you'd see a big increase in numbers. At least in the long-term.

tirian

I don't think it has so much to do with politics for most people. I just think they find the attraction boring. Same goes for Carousel and American Adventure @ Epcot. We typically see about the same number of people for all three.

Even with a redo, I don't think you'd see a big increase in numbers. At least in the long-term.
I love the CBJ and its summer/Christmas shows, plus the HOP and American Adventure. I think POTC never should’ve been touched, all the way back to the ‘90s. I miss Horizons and wish Epcot still had updated versions of its classics as well as newer, more thrilling additions. I hate the idea of dumping Splash Mt. to appease a woke crowd that wants to bulldoze every different opinion and will never be satisfied.

...And yet...

I think COP is the most boring attraction on property and wouldn’t mind seeing it completely replaced. Not closed. Not mothballed. Replaced.

Just IMHO.

MrConbon

It doesn’t need to happen. Just don’t let any current President give a speech anymore: problem solved.

We seem to be the only country that runs away from history or wields it as a weapon instead of learning from it. With a good, entertaining script, HOP could help people learn.
With the America pavilion having The American Adventure, it seems pretty pointless to have an attraction that is essentially the same idea.

MrPromey

It doesn’t need to happen. Just don’t let any current President give a speech anymore: problem solved.

We seem to be the only country that runs away from history or wields it as a weapon instead of learning from it. With a good, entertaining script, HOP could help people learn.

I agree with you but how do they cut this off without it looking like a political statement?

Making this change with the next sitting president is going to look like a political move unless it is that president who opts not to do it.

In a perfect world, they'd be able to get him/her to simply say they felt that while the attraction is a national treasure, it is privately owned and that (s)he does not feel it appropriate to be lending the voice of the leader of our country to something that people must pay admission to have access to so he/she respectfully looks forward to seeing the new update but will not be speaking for it.

That would stop the cycle and shame any future president from considering it, I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom