Rumor - Lights of Winter coming back to Epcot?

Figment82

Well this thread escalated quickly, haha!

As a side note, I would openly weep with happiness if LoW returned. Of all the cuts and closures over the years, this one really hurt. A shoddy excuse for removing a beautiful display far too soon.

RSoxNo1

I'd best get some more out now then.

Hotels around Epcot. 4 plans, I dare say one or two will win.

More TSR. One in the unlikeliest of places.

More plans for WS including a double whammy.

Pretty sure I've said Tland could have the blues. And whites.

Who likes Fant?

I've probably said Dinorama could be justified and Kali won't be the end of the earth.

And mass transit for all. Especially if you're eastern or western.
@WDW1974 did mention a DVC at the entrance. Not sure if that's still on the table.
Unlikeliest place for a table service restaurant. I'm saying The Odyssey.
Tomorrowland color scheme update seems retro-ish
Fantasmic going away/updated?
An addition or a replacement coming to Dinorama and/or somehow getting to the plot of land North of Kali?

Kman101

Can you clarify a tad on Kali/Dinorama @marni1971 ? I know you can't say much but the wording confuses me a bit, maybe it shouldn't ... but I've been out in the baking sun today so maybe I'm just confused LOL

*Q*

Unlikeliest places for a restaurant:
-At the bottom of Bay Lake
-Directly in the Test Track ride path
-The Reedy Creek wastewater treatment plant
-Roy's cabin
-The Hollywood Studios bus loop
-Team Disney

Well, I'd previously think that Mission Space would be the unlikeliest of places for a restaurant, but now...

I don't understand the sentence about Dinorama and Kali. Does he mean the destruction of Dinorama would be justified or the preservation? And Kali would be improved or removed?
Dinorama is obviously going to be replaced by a themed land based on the television series, "Justified"
Justified-titlecard.jpg

I think a TSR in the middle of the GotG ride would be even more unlikely -- and could be serviced by the same kitchen doing the M:S restaurant if they use the WoL dome...
The restaurant is being added to the Test Track side of the pavilion.

MOXOMUMD

Who likes Fant?

I've probably said Dinorama could be justified and Kali won't be the end of the earth.

With "some" I thought two or three, but this...I love it! Thanks dude! :happy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Martin definitely knew about the Mickey ride, but anything he put out there was just that, "a hint". I recall actually talk with @marni1971 and @Lee that morning behind the scenes and privately they got me to the same conclusion that Tom got to publicly.

With Tron, Tom first introduced it in October in what read like a fanboi wishlist. Jim Hill then suggested in March before Tom "confirmed" it a few days before the Expo. He also said (probably erroneous speculation) that it was replacing the Speedway.

With the Star Wars Hotel, Tom had concept art from the surveys and that same art was shown at the Expo.

None of this excuses the clickbait headlines or other behavior, but he got three major stories (basically) correct and should be given credit for doing so.

I get crap for defending Jim Hill here, as well as defending insiders on this site elsewhere. Part of the benefit of tracking these rumors is you can see who has a history of getting things right. A lot of people were validated at the D23 Expo.
Yeah it is really easy to read things here then post it elsewhere and claim to be the first. Not that I really care, but surprised you award credit for that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Who likes Fant?

Thanks for your hints, Martin! But some of these pearls you've dropped before. From the rumor tracker, so, you can claim an even earlier date of revelation:

Epcot hotels: Brand new resort complexes in the area of Epcot entrance (not Crescent Lake), four in the running [likely] [and again]

World Showcase: A double whammy.. more so than: Rat, UK ride, Brazil, Coco upon the Gran Fiesta, Brazil ride, Spain, new Illuminations?

Fantasmic! update now more than a possibility?: An update is constantly talked about internally, but is just at the 'possible' stage.

Something north of Kali: Some long term proposal to make use of the land north of Kali and south of Conservation Station. [here]

Dinorama info: Not from you, Martin, but from @WildcatDen (Serpico?) and @Magic Feather : Some long term proposal to make use of the land north of Kali and south of Conservation Station. [here]

Nj4mwc

Unlikeliest places for a restaurant:
-At the bottom of Bay Lake
-Directly in the Test Track ride path
-The Reedy Creek wastewater treatment plant
-Roy's cabin
-The Hollywood Studios bus loop
-Team Disney

Dinorama is obviously going to be replaced by a themed land based on the television series, "Justified"
Justified-titlecard.jpg

The restaurant is being added to the Test Track side of the pavilion.
I would pay all the money to visit Justified, and drink bourbon, wear a cowboy hat and get into tense confrontations with gun toting criminals

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
He was the first to claim any of those are actually happening. Unless I missed something, it's pretty clear. Others hinted at them.
That's flimsy to the point of ridiculousness. Guy takes rumors/insider info from here, slaps "confirmed" on them, and gets credit for breaking the story? No.

Yeah it is really easy to read things here then post it elsewhere and claim to be the first. Not that I really care, but surprised you award credit for that.

Exactly.

I'm gonna start a website/twitter feed and just grab all the info posted here, call it confirmed "by sources" and start gobbling up some of this credit.

Maybe I'll even score an invite to some special events foh free.

Goofyernmost

Well, I'd previously think that Mission Space would be the unlikeliest of places for a restaurant, but now...

I don't understand the sentence about Dinorama and Kali. Does he mean the destruction of Dinorama would be justified or the preservation? And Kali would be improved or removed?
I have no thought at all about Dinorama, but, if I had to guess I would think that Kali would no longer have the conservation theme and just be a ride through the rapids. No lecture and no moral of the story. (missed by most anyway)

lostjedi

That means: Confirmed: Spaceship Earth Restaurant in place of Earth Station. Thank the Phoenicians. They're your wait staff
I bet since Siemens energy is now longer going to sponsor Epcot they will put the TSR in the Siemens lounge Base21. Its an awesome location and no one knows it's there, sitting right underneath space ship earth.

TabulaRasa

I think a TSR in the middle of the GotG ride would be even more unlikely -- and could be serviced by the same kitchen doing the M:S restaurant if they use the WoL dome...
Except multiple sources have said that the WoL building is not being used for the space restaurant.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The new and unexpected table service restaurant will be on the parking lot trams. They'll be equipped with a pull down tray from the seat in front of you. You order online while at the toll booth. When you get into the tram, food will be served. Refills on drinks available along the way by sticking your drink out of the tram as a CM runs alongside and fills it. It will be a real rush to be able to break the rule of keeping your arms and feet inside the vehicle at all times! For an upcharge, a character can be seated next to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom