Rumor - Lights of Winter coming back to Epcot?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Rumor - Sea Base Alpha is coming back...

upload_2017-7-27_11-2-5.png

trainplane3

Kman101

I hate to say it, but he got a lot of vindication at the Expo: Star Wars Hotel, Mickey Ride, Tron - he had all those first.

We knew about all of that, to a degree, before he posted. He may have 'confirmed' before others here but we knew about all of that. Mickey was always slated for GMR. Tron had been on again off again for TL. I'm not really sure I can give him credit for those but OK.

*Q*

I hate to say it, but he got a lot of vindication at the Expo: Star Wars Hotel, Mickey Ride, Tron - he had all those first.
I thought Spirit was the first one who brought up the Star Wars resort and Martin was the one who first putting hints out there about the Mickey ride?

ABQ

I thought Spirit was the first one who brought up the Star Wars resort and Martin was the one who first putting hints out there about the Mickey ride?
I'm sure he'll correct himself soon enough, Rsox's own web site does have Spirit breaking the Star Wars resort piece. The GMR replacement is a bit more convoluted as to who really declared the Mickey ride going in as so much of the rumour is based on the old ride's closure. http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors/2016/08/02/the-great-movie-ride-to-be-replaced

DisneyOutsider

It might be untrue, but it's not as far fetched as y'all try to make it seem.

The pin DOES display the year 2017 prominently. I don't think any of your nostalgia t-shirts did the same.

It's worth bringing up, imo.

CJR

I would love it if they brought them back with the upcoming overhaul. If they really go all out with the fountains, there's lots of creative potential right there.

RSoxNo1

We knew about all of that, to a degree, before he posted. He may have 'confirmed' before others here but we knew about all of that. Mickey was always slated for GMR. Tron had been on again off again for TL. I'm not really sure I can give him credit for those but OK.
He was the first to claim any of those are actually happening. Unless I missed something, it's pretty clear. Others hinted at them.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Martin definitely knew about the Mickey ride, but anything he put out there was just that, "a hint". I recall actually talk with @marni1971 and @Lee that morning behind the scenes and privately they got me to the same conclusion that Tom got to publicly.

With Tron, Tom first introduced it in October in what read like a fanboi wishlist. Jim Hill then suggested in March before Tom "confirmed" it a few days before the Expo. He also said (probably erroneous speculation) that it was replacing the Speedway.

With the Star Wars Hotel, Tom had concept art from the surveys and that same art was shown at the Expo.

None of this excuses the clickbait headlines or other behavior, but he got three major stories (basically) correct and should be given credit for doing so.

I get crap for defending Jim Hill here, as well as defending insiders on this site elsewhere. Part of the benefit of tracking these rumors is you can see who has a history of getting things right. A lot of people were validated at the D23 Expo.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I should clarify. The Star Wars Hotel probably shouldn't be a full notch on Corless' belt. @WDW1974 had it earlier than him as "most definite", but Corless did put it out there with concept art.
I'd best get some more out now then.

Hotels around Epcot. 4 plans, I dare say one or two will win.

More TSR. One in the unlikeliest of places.

More plans for WS including a double whammy.

Pretty sure I've said Tland could have the blues. And whites.

Who likes Fant?

I've probably said Dinorama could be justified and Kali won't be the end of the earth.

And mass transit for all. Especially if you're eastern or western.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom