[RUMOR] Kim Possible to replace Figment?!?!

the-reason14

This all sounds stupid to me. How does she fit in to this. The show is lame and boring and one of the only shows on disney channel I refuse to watch. I also hope this is not true.

DisneyBride94

I see where you're coming from. I don't like too much doom-n-gloom in my commentary, but for the most part i do think he's right. The discovery and science themes are being downplayed in the last batch of new attrations and rehabs. A lot of people will say "people don't want to learn on vacation", but i remember when EPCOT Center actually INSPIRED kids to want to learn.
Will Nemo do that? Hopefully. Does showing off a Chevy Avalanche after Test Track do that? No.
Do Dreamfinder and Fiment do that? Yes! Does Kim Possible?

I've got a six year old son...last year he was five...and he was totally enthralled by Test Track and how cars are manufactured and tested... I mean, the que area alone at TT has a lot of interesting visuals posted that explain about crash impact tests and the like... it's all very interesting... and seeing the prototype cars on display after TT is interesting... I don't mind seeing the latest GM cars on display after the ride... Lots of technological advances are occurign these days in the automotive industry--I think there is definitely a lot of science and engineering there to inspire small ones.

I don't know...maybe it's because I was the English/Language/Artistic scholar who was not so into math and science--but tended to go for "engineering" types in college (married an an areospace engineer who is now a systems engineer)... but as a kid, even I always liked the science and educational side of EPCOT. My little ones love it too... and they are really little still.

Kim Possible holds no interest for anyone in my family... Maybe my daughter will eventually grow into that show...but at 4 Kim Possible is a big fat nobody to her...

They should have a real Muppet Labs or something at EPCOT...

Living with the Land is still one of my favorites... I have no problem with integrating Nemo into the Living Seas...

I first went to EPCOT when I was about 15...and it took me a few hours to stop complaining that I was not at MK instead... once I got into it, I loved it. It soon became my favorite park...

CaptainMichael

All in all, Disney, if you want people to actually like Epcot spend some money on new original and exciting things. Putting in cheap fixes, meet n' greets, and ride clones does not always make a better park.

er...none of that describes Epcot except for Soarin being a clone (which I'm sure we all can admit was much needed and is a success).

imagineer boy

er...none of that describes Epcot except for Soarin being a clone (which I'm sure we all can admit was much needed and is a success).

I said "does not always work. Always being the key word.:animwink: Look at LMAX, they took one of the only great shows from WDS and somehowmanaged to make it into one of the worst shows at WDW.

I agree... there is no way they'd dare take Figment out of JII again...that was a mistake akin to New Coke. Kim Possible is not on the same level as Figment. (Just notice at Disney Store online...her stuff is always marked on clearance along with Stitch merchandise...need I say more???)

My daughter adores Figment... He snuck into our hotel room one night last year and left her a stuffed animal of himself in her bed...she woke up the next morning all warm and fuzzy with the magical realization that Figment loves her too. :)

(Such a good idea DH and I cooked up, that one!)

When I was 5 and 1/2, I went to Epcot for the first time. Of course, my favorite attraction there was the Figment ride. I sang along with the song. I loved it so much my grandparents had to buy me a Figment stuffed animal. You can see me holding it in all of my pictures. I even brought him to Universal. I'm 14 now and that Figment still sits on my bed. Bring him back!

CrashNet

Never fear everyone. Kim Possible is involved, but in no way will be replacing Figment. I can assure you that. Can't say what it is, but you'll see very, VERY soon. :)

FigmentJedi

This is true lunacy!

Kim Possible has officially CROSSED THE LINE!

Ron Stoppable has clearly lost possesion of his Yiddish Cup!
Wade's just going to be a pimply faced maladjusted preteen who lives in very dark places where they don't teach logic, spelling or reasoning, etc, etc. LOL!

FigmentJedi

Back in 1996, Disney tried baking a pretty cake, but the way was hazy. Should have done the cooking by the book, they shouldn't have been lazy. Oughta used another recipe, that cake was getting crazy.

EDIT: Considering how this topic's going down into the series of tubes we like to call the internets, here's a rather appropriate YTMND for this forum. Let's all go to YTMNDLand!
http://mytrip.ytmnd.com/

bassman

I don't know why they would go with Kim possible.

Funny story that happend yesteray.

I was waiting around out side of sorcerer mickeys meet and greet at the Studios to see Kim possible do her set. She had gotten quite a big line. Then i saw her walking down mickey avenue to get to the line.

here is the funny part. A woman walked right up to her and asked her what this line was for. Kim got a horified look on her face and said it was for her.
I was literealy on the curb laughing. :sohappy:

aw man thats just way too funny.:lol: :lol: :lol:
just goes to show how popular KP really is really doesn't it,i mean dont get me wrong,the series was good for a while bit then it just got boring,i still dont see the attraction in a KP meet 'n' greet.
i think that there should be more of the 'emperors new groove' characters at meet 'n' greets,i met Kusco once about 3 years ago and thats the last i saw of him.
i think that the emprorors new groove has become more popular than KP.
with 2 great films and a pretty good tv series.

bring on Kronk,Kusco,Pacha,Eezma etc. (in MGM preferably)

aw man thats just way too funny.:lol: :lol: :lol:
just goes to show how popular KP really is really doesn't it,i mean dont get me wrong,the series was good for a while bit then it just got boring,i still dont see the attraction in a KP meet 'n' greet.
i think that there should be more of the 'emperors new groove' characters at meet 'n' greets,i met Kusco once about 3 years ago and thats the last i saw of him.
i think that the emprorors new groove has become more popular than KP.
with 2 great films and a pretty good tv series.

bring on Kronk,Kusco,Pacha,Eezma etc. (in MGM preferably)

There has been a Yzma character who I believe was at the Priemier. I have seen Kuzco, and I think I have seen Pacha as well. I would like to see more characters at a regular meet and greet.

dvitali

If I was running EPOCT I would place Kim Possible in Innoventions East or West since Kim would sometime produce far out gadgets for her cases. I cannot see why other than a empty upstair room in Journey into Imagination for her being there in Epcot.

Need help: What was the name of a Disney made cartoon starring a bobcat as a cop and his human cop? I tought this was a rip off of Roger Rabbit. This I would think be great for MGM as well more attractions for Roger Rabbits.

Epcot82Guy

I agree with the Innoventions statement. The issue I have is how much advertising the upstairs at Imag will take. If this is just a testing ground (i.e. they will bring people up), that's great. If it will be a "whoever comes"-type approach, though, I just don't like the location.

And you are thinking of Bonkers. Odd show.

FigmentJedi

And again, the interactive activity the meet and greet goes with isn't even in Future World, it's in World Showcase West around the UK and France! Why they didn't decide to use International Gateway completely mystifies me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom