[RUMOR] Imagination's potential replacement?

PizzaPlanet

I wish this was a hint, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
upload_2017-8-31_16-37-12.png

trainplane3

View attachment 225920
All of their responses basically say "We're counting down to Epcot 35" and "Sharing history". Seeing the responses of the public to it though after only an hour of being up still gives me hope that we see something good done to the pavilion *cough D&F return to their former glory cough*. Take the freaking hint.
Its highly questionable considering Dreamfinder hasn't been around the attraction for years.

I DO hope though that he makes a reappearance! D&F will always be better than whatever they replace the pavilion with. I just hope its not Inside Out. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I always get my hopes up that they do something for Epcots anniversary. It would be a very welcome surprise to have him march out at the re-dedication for an announcement of a massive Imagination refurb. I'd literally throw disgusting amounts of money at Disney if that happened. It'd prove to me that they don't only care about their movie IPs.

Amidala

Its highly questionable considering Dreamfinder hasn't been around the attraction for years.

I DO hope though that he makes a reappearance! D&F will always be better than whatever they replace the pavilion with. I just hope its not Inside Out. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I would truly love to see a modern D&F attraction, but if TDO chose to go with an IP, I would take Inside Out over any other movie. Including IO @ Epcot does make a certain amount of sense.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

But in director Pete Docter's own words, Inside Out is not about the brain, it's about the mind.
Well...that's Pete Doctor. Its a movie set in the brain, starring a bunch of emotions, controlling how a young girl operates. Or is the movie actually about her emotions and how they learn its possible have their own emotions?

Look, sorry, I thought the movie was hot garbage. I want it in imagination about as much as I want them to turn SSE into the Death Star....and if you're keeping track at home, that's a whopping 0%.

britain

Well...that's Pete Doctor. Its a movie set in the brain, starring a bunch of emotions, controlling how a young girl operates. Or is the movie actually about her emotions and how they learn its possible have their own emotions?

Look, sorry, I thought the movie was hot garbage. I want it in imagination about as much as I want them to turn SSE into the Death Star....and if you're keeping track at home, that's a whopping 0%.

Everything you said could be true and it still is more appropriate in Imagination rather than in Wonders of Life, similarities to Cranium Command notwithstanding.

Memories and emotions, constructs like honesty, friendship, and nightmares... these are created in the mind. It might be awful to lose (what's left of) Journey into Imagination, but thematically, that's where these subjects belong. Wonders of Life was about biology. The biology of the brain is different than the constructs of the mind.

Brer Oswald

View attachment 225920
I saw that too. But they aren't the imagineers or company heads, they're just the social media team. As nice as they are, and they are incredibly nice, what they say isn't always 100% factual. They once thought Dinosaur (CTX) was based on the "hit" 2000s movie. The Dreamfinder post is still an odd one nonetheless. Maybe a meet & greet is down the line? Maybe before the pavilion is fixed too.

Brer Oswald

I hope people realize that if Inside Out is coming to the pavilion, it'll no longer be about Imagination. Sure, they could make the ride solely about Bing Bong, but that would limit the potential of the attraction, and Inside Out deserves better. It'd probably become the Mind Pavilion, which is how they would fit Figment in the Magic Eye if they so choose to.

disney1023

View attachment 225920
Personal, I think that what would happen is Dreamfinder and Figment get a brand new meet and greet, and Disney replaces the ride all together with Inside Out, or something. We get Dreamfinder, and Disney gets a new, better, replacement.

At first most would be mad, but in the end, everyone would be happy to see Dreamfinder and forget about the ride. :)

Brer Oswald

Wasn't the name change for Dinosaur *ride* to tie in with the Dinosaur *movie*?

from wikipedia: "Disney Interactive released a tie-in video game on the Dreamcast, PlayStation, PC and Game Boy Color in 2000. To promote the release of Dinosaur, the Disney theme park ride "Countdown to Extinction" was renamed "DINOSAUR", and its plot, which had always prominently featured a Carnotaurus and an Iguanodon, was mildly altered so that the Iguanodon is specifically meant to be Aladar, the film's protagonist, and the plot of the ride is now about the riders traveling through time to a point just before the impact of the meteor which caused the extinction of the dinosaurs, to bring Aladar back to the present and save his life" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_(film)#Other_media
Yes it was. The statue at the front is Aladar from the movie too. It was like a Pirates sort of scenario, but the ride certainly came first.

Brer Oswald

The ride came first, but it's no coincidence that when the ride opened its two most prominently featured dinosaurs were also the two most prominent species in the film that would be released 2 years later.
Yeah, so how did that work? I know the Carnataurus has been there since the beginning, and I assume the Iguanodon, but did the movie's Dino choices inspire the ride while they were both in pre production? And if so, why was the ride originally titled Coundown to Extinction? And wouldn't these Dinosaur choices be made far in advance for the ride to make the animatronics? I'm really curious, I don't know a lot about the ride's beginnings.

Dapper Dan

Yeah, so how did that work? I know the Carnataurus has been there since the beginning, and I assume the Iguanodon, but did the movie's Dino choices inspire the ride while they were both in pre production? And if so, why was the ride originally titled Coundown to Extinction? And wouldn't these Dinosaur choices be made far in advance for the ride to make the animatronics? I'm really curious, I don't know a lot about the ride's beginnings.
The ride and movie were made to promote each other. The main reason Animal Kingdom got Dinoland and not Beastly Kingdom is because they had a big dinosaur movie in production.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom