[RUMOR] Imagination's potential replacement?

brb1006

Do you really believe that TDO cares what guests want? If so, GMR would be updated and MMRR would have been located in the Animation Courtyard, the Yeti would have been fixed years ago, there would still be a night time parade would still be held at the MK, summer hours at MK would not have been slashed down to nothing this summer, SSE descent would not be a total joke, etc...

IMO...TDO could not care less how guests feel about something as minor as Figment.
There was once a time when Figment wasn't minor and was a big deal during the Epcot Center days.

If they managed to bring back the spirit of the original ride - even if it was on the shortened track I would be so darn happy!
Of all of the original EPCOT attractions, JII1 seems to be the one that has the most demand to revisit. When I stand on the blatantly hollow floor of the current Imageworks, all I can think of is a awe-inspiring modern turntable scene [that actually works!], having your ride vehicle shake and tremble under the words "lightning" as your car travels through a reimagined literature scene, and a groundbreaking Figgy AA that flies. I don't actually think anything I just mentioned is going to happen, but still, there's potential for an amazing attraction that'll sit right next to Spidey, Splash, Indy, and other fantastic attractions. Right now the only thing imaginative about the current ride for me, is riding through the deep, dark, empty passages and imagining what fantastic things could actually fit in there.
So this was my first post, sorry if this sounded corny or redundant I've been a lurker for a while and I just wanted to get my thoughts out there!

the-reason14

For me, what I missed the most is being able to spend so much time there. I miss the whole pavilion concept, where you could ride a ride then go explore other things in the same building pertaining to that ride's theme. Personally I don't think the original imagination was as amazing as people make it out to be, but what sits in it's place now is so bad compared to what was there, that it makes the original seem that much better. I miss the original ride, as well as Horizans and WOM.

Phil12

Dreamfinder is ancient history and we will not see his return. Figment is still a viable character that just needs an upgrade to the 21st century. Disney might attempt to team up Desiigner or Future with Figment in an imaginative rap session.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The only thing that matters now is Iger placing "his stamp" on the parks. Star Wars, Pandora, TSL, any and all Marvel attractions, the "work" out in DL... All of it is being done for one reason - Iger's ego. He realized 5-6 years ago that his legacy was going minimal (his acquisitions are hardly the basis for a profound and lasting legacy outside of Wall Street. Any jack*** can buy companies like he did) and that he would be forgotten, figuratively speaking, if he didn't "make his mark" on the theme parks. His ego wouldn't allow for that, and here we are. In my opinion, Imagination as we know it is dead and will be replaced by something far lesser. All because Iger's ego demands it.

HMF

The only thing that matters now is Iger placing "his stamp" on the parks. Star Wars, Pandora, TSL, any and all Marvel attractions, the "work" out in DL... All of it is being done for one reason - Iger's ego. He realized 5-6 years ago that his legacy was going minimal (his acquisitions are hardly the basis for a profound and lasting legacy outside of Wall Street. Any jack*** can buy companies like he did) and that he would be forgotten, figuratively speaking, if he didn't "make his mark" on the theme parks. His ego wouldn't allow for that, and here we are. In my opinion, Imagination as we know it is dead and will be replaced by something far lesser. All because Iger's ego demands it.
I hope the next CEO does his best to purge the company of any remnants of Iger and his business philosophy not that that is likely. The best option at this point would be to shut down the company and sell the parks to an operator that will care.

jt04

I hope the next CEO does his best to purge the company of any remnants of Iger and his business philosophy not that that is likely. The best option at this point would be to shut down the company and sell the parks to an operator that will care.

You will wonder why you even thought this a year from now.

PizzaPlanet

Dreamfinder is ancient history and we will not see his return. Figment is still a viable character that just needs an upgrade to the 21st century. Disney might attempt to team up Desiigner or Future with Figment in an imaginative rap session.
Because every time Disney tries to be hip it goes so well...
limo_exterior2001tm.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

If that includes the original personalities of the characters, like the Mickey cartoons, then sure.
QUESTION: Would you support an Imagination overhaul that gave Figment and Dreamfinder the "Paul Rudish" treatment?
I'm probably the only person here who actually likes the design they have Incorporated in the 2017 Food & Wine merchandise.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/07/DSCF6387.jpg
It has a nod to the character designs used in the other ABC based classic show Schoolhouse Rock. Using Figment with that idea...Would just be amazing to see Jack Sheldon & Bob Dorough have a song with this version of Figment ala Schoolhouse Rock-esque..
latest

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I still cannot fathom how people insist that "Inside Out", a movie based on EMOTIONS, will work in the IMAGINATION pavilion. o_O

Figment IS imagination. This is not a stretch, like the "Inside Out" IP would be. It's not as if there isn't already a building at Epcot, mostly unused with the exception of a few festivals during the year, where those characters would fit a million times better.

EricsBiscuit

Acquisitions leave a legacy! Look at Warren Buffet.

I still cannot fathom how people insist that "Inside Out", a movie based on EMOTIONS, will work in the IMAGINATION pavilion. o_O

Figment IS imagination. This is not a stretch, like the "Inside Out" IP would be. It's not as if there isn't already a building at Epcot, mostly unused with the exception of a few festivals during the year, where those characters would fit a million times better.

Totally agreed. EMOTION should go in the WONDERS of LIFE pavilion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom