Rumor RUMOR: Disney Planing To Add Live Cams Into The Parks

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm not above ritually scarring my face on a regular basis to stay off the grid.
Extreme, but not necessary. Elton John showed us the true path years ago...
john.jpg

wdwgreek

For me personally, being able to watch a video someone recorded while on one of the very slow moving rides without any thrilling parts makes it less desirable for me to bother to wait in line for a long period of time for that ride while on an expensive trip with a limited amount of time, but maybe that isn't true for as many other people as I would think based on the response of some people to these ideas. Although, this is a forum where many people are very big fans of going to the theme parks so people responding to this idea aren't quite the same as many people that might consider going to Disney theme parks so I think it's possible that may affect the variation in opinion of people.
Plenty of parents watch videos of rides before going on them to make sure their kids will enjoy them, also the videos never capture the full effect that in person makes. It may take away the surprise but the expierence. People go places to expierence things. I look at websites of destinations I am travelling to, not because it makes it less desirable but because it makes it more exciting and also gives me an idea of what to expect.

ppete1975

This was popular in the 90s, when the internet was just becoming popular every body had a fixed camera. Every state park, every major city, every country had their famous landmarks on there, there were websites just to find these. Slowly they went away because there is no sound, and after awhile you realize yes you are watching a live stream but who cares. This is just a rehash of an old idea. BTW none of those ever charged.. if Disney does this it should be free, this is monetization that is getting just plain absurd at this point...
Now if they had an HD quality, great POV with sound of parades or light shows (that felt like you were there) that might be something worthwhile.
hopefully this is just a rumor.

Yellow Strap

Isn't there a rumor/report that the new designs to the Disney Stores across the country will feature some sort of LED video wall that could receive live streams from the parks during parades and fireworks/shows? This may be leading to that.

DisAl

Plenty of parents watch videos of rides before going on them to make sure their kids will enjoy them, also the videos never capture the full effect that in person makes. It may take away the surprise but the expierence. People go places to expierence things. I look at websites of destinations I am travelling to, not because it makes it less desirable but because it makes it more exciting and also gives me an idea of what to expect.
You can find videos of just about everything at WDW on YouTube videos except the restrooms. (Those may be posted somewhere too but I have never run across them. ;) )
Personally I would LOVE it if they put a few webcams around the parks. My first choice would be a view from the MK train station down Main Street to the castle.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You can find videos of just about everything at WDW on YouTube videos except the restrooms. (Those may be posted somewhere too but I have never run across them. ;) )
Personally I would LOVE it if they put a few webcams around the parks. My first choice would be a view from the MK train station down Main Street to the castle.
And a "Tinkerbell Cam" as "she" swoops across the Hub on her wire fairy wings...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
What's next? Natural progression is going to be Disney Reality TV (a subscription service no doubt).

Can see it now: "For $29.99 you can follow the Smith Family on their 7 day trip. We'll even have webcams in their room so you won't miss any of the action."

There's little Mary Smith throwing a temper tantrum. Oh look Bob Smith went into the bathroom. Little Johnny Smith isn't eating his kids meal...and Bob is really upset. Is Jane Smith really flirting with that CM? In Tomorrow's episode "The Big Decision" the Smith family will decide between Pecos Bill and Cosmic Ray's ....who will win?

Oh the possibilities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom