1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

RUMOR: Disney Planing To Add Live Cams Into The Parks

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by InsideDisney, May 13, 2017.

1. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I'd consider it as well ... I don't like the idea that they would but I'd consider it if it was reasonable enough.

peter11435 likes this.
  2. JenniferS

JenniferS Selectively Phobic Premium Member

I also pay $1.46/month for extra iCloud storage because I'm too lazy to transfer over/delete 3/4 of my 3980 pics. :rolleyes: So yeah, sucker ... nominal fee.

Kman101 likes this.
  3. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Active Member Original Poster

I also would be one of those suckers to pay for this. :cat:

JenniferS likes this.
  4. roj2323

roj2323 Premium Member

Adding.............LOL.

Those cameras are already there and have been for a long long time. Disney has possibly just decided to monetize them.

5. Rider

Rider Premium Member

I bet at any particular moment you could find someone live streaming to Facebook from the parks.

And when the fireworks start you can find thousands live streaming every night.

6. egg

egg Well-Known Member

I believe it. I bet after the Happily Ever After live steam got many views, some dumb guy tossed up the idea. "Welp, people like watching the parks live, so why don't we charge them!" Huuhah!!!"
    Of course, not realizing that the two are completely different.

If this were free, that'd be cool. But I would never pay for such a thing, and as people said, with youtube and other free services, I don't see how a paid service can succeed.

Furiated and Angel Ariel like this.
  7. Christian Fronckowiak

Christian Fronckowiak Well-Known Member

It sounds like this could be for Memory Maker.
    Didn't they test something like this for Muppetvision a while back?
    Disney could sell you your photopass photo album and now your home movies too!

8. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I think a lot of people tuned in as well when they did the live feed for the 24 hour parties. I can see the idea being tossed around.

9. Roknrollrghostr

Roknrollrghostr Well-Known Member

I think this would be a cool idea if it somehow incorporated sneak peaks, behind the scenes or things your average guest might not have access to. But just a live stream? I don't think I would pay for that. I am certainly one of those people who spends a good amount of time watching disney youtube vlogs and feel that if I was missing just the "park atmosphere" I could find a video to satisfy that craving without paying.

10. Roknrollrghostr

Roknrollrghostr Well-Known Member

You know what, the more I think about it... I might be one of those suckers too. Depending on the price.

11. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

I might pay if it was nominal while I was at WDW.

<looks at feed on phone> "OMG! The Hub is filling up fast. We need to go and get a spot!"

But, mostly likely, we can put this on the list with resort fees.

12. Coaster Lover

Coaster Lover Well-Known Member

A lot of other parks have construction cams that show off the progress on their new rides/attractions... would be neat if Disney did that, but I doubt they would as it would ruin the "magic"...

13. AEfx

AEfx Well-Known Member

Charging for it is asinine, even for Disney, so I just don't see that.

As to permanent webcams, although it has been done a bit before, if they did it now...I foresee...problems. Given how easy it is to record live streams and such today (anyone can do it), and the troll culture, they would have to be very carefully placed so as not to allow guests to be very prominent appearing in them. If they were, say, at ground level showing Main Street - only a matter of time before there are reports of obscene gestures, and such as people catch on to where they are and intentionally mess with them. Disney really can't afford that type of publicity that would undoubtedly ensue once the media even got a whiff of it.

MuteSuperstar and Smiley/OCD like this.
  14. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

What bus driver was this

15. Rider

Rider Premium Member

Furiated, Kman101 and JenniferS like this.
  16. Phil12

Phil12 Well-Known Member

Disney got rid of the old public live webcams prior to September, 2001. I mention that to dispel the old rumor that the cameras were taken off public display for security reasons. The reason for eliminating the cameras is that it provided a valuable tool to enable people to accurately gauge attendance figures.

Kamikaze likes this.
  17. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

Maybe for shows, parades and fireworks but otherwise, it would be a huge waste.

18. DisneyGirl3820

DisneyGirl3820 Well-Known Member

Charging? Come on Disney. I also worry about the security issue and the ability of people with bad intentions to watch various areas of the parks live.

19. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Well-Known Member

This is the reason, and the same reason that them coming back is extremely unlikely. Unless the cameras are positioned in such a way to not show crowds (so basically just the outsides of buildings).

20. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Well-Known Member

Uh, how would this make any type of difference? They can do that without 'Official Disney Webcams'.