Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

P_Radden

Serious question tho: why do people think that attractions can be picked up and moved from park to park?
Good point Dave. This bugs the h e l l out of me. Almost as annoying as reading "That said" 10,000 times a day on here.

I don't see Disney moving any attractions or rides anywhere, anytime soon. No CoP, OMD, ISW, none of them. I may be wrong, but I highly doubt they would allocate any significant chunk of change for something like that when there are plenty of other things that need attention.

Rutt

Expect construction to be in full swing.

Havent heard any timetables beyond Pixar will be first.

Its going to be a long painful process but will benefit the resort as a whole in the long run.

:)

That will make it easier to convince wifey that we need to return again in 2020. 2018 my soon to be born daughter will turn three (BBB age) and Avatar should be open. Dont know how im lasting three years without my annual trip :(

SYRIK2000

That will make it easier to convince wifey that we need to return again in 2020. 2018 my soon to be born daughter will turn three (BBB age) and Avatar should be open. Dont know how im lasting three years without my annual trip :(

They have the Frozen Sing-A-Long. My daughter loves it.

Rescue Ranger

Muppets is a major thing to me(not so much the attraction, but if they took them away completely). However, I would be sick and appalled if One Man's Dream was taken down. Improved, sure...but taken away? That is not right. Let the man who made all of this possible have more than just a statue.

I make sure to watch the video at least once on every visit and tour the attraction on every park visit.

RSoxNo1

2015- DTD gets much needed facelift.
2016- Frozen replacing Norway at Epcot.
2017- Avatar opening at AK.
2018?- Possible DHS repackage.

Can we safely assume Disney is spending money in Florida now or is that not good enough?

Jimmy Thick- The kind of biscuits when you open them hot comes out...
Can you acknowledge that the lack of spending in the last 10 years bordered on neglect?

jensenrick

There are lots of other places to go- just sayin'

TabulaRasa

Muppets is a major thing to me(not so much the attraction, but if they took them away completely). However, I would be sick and appalled if One Man's Dream was taken down. Improved, sure...but taken away? That is not right. Let the man who made all of this possible have more than just a statue.
I completely agree on both accounts. With Muppets, I want MuppetVision3D to stay as a permanent 'classic' attraction since it was the last thing that Jim Henson worked on before he passed.

TabulaRasa

I agree.

The good news? We haven't heard anything saying its going.

The bad news? We haven't heard anything saying its staying.
Since DHS is slated to become the IP park - I would hope that upper management sees the opportunity to expand the presence of an established property (such as the Muppets) and expand on what is already some of the best atmosphere present in DHS. The fact that Pizza Planet, the Christmas Store and Mama Melrose haven't had Muppet overlays yet, astounds me.

One can only hope though, but I just don't see how conceptually a theme park can work with just three 'lands' (Star Wars, Pixar, Hollywood). Would it work with drawing in crowds? For sure, because of the brands they're planning on using. From a creative standpoint? There seem to be missing pieces. Hopefully there is more to the overhaul than what we've heard. With the size of the budget, I'm hopeful it can happen.

PhotoDave219

Since DHS is slated to become the IP park - I would hope that upper management sees the opportunity to expand the presence of an established property (such as the Muppets) and expand on what is already some of the best atmosphere present in DHS. The fact that Pizza Planet, the Christmas Store and Mama Melrose haven't had Muppet overlays yet, astounds me.

One can only hope though, but I just don't see how conceptually a theme park can work with just three 'lands' (Star Wars, Pixar, Hollywood). Would it work with drawing in crowds? For sure, because of the brands they're planning on using. From a creative standpoint? There seem to be missing pieces. Hopefully there is more to the overhaul than what we've heard. With the size of the budget, I'm hopeful it can happen.

There are missing pieces. What they are, we don't know. It won't be just Star Wars and Pixar.

AJO

Back to very strictly DHS, I had a question. Since we were talking about a Guardians possibility earlier, is there other Marvel IP's we know Disney can use? Or is that info we're not privy to?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom