Rumor confirmations

Tim_4

Original Poster
Forgive me, but I'm not "up on it" when it comes to tracking every little rumor so forgive me if these have already been settled in the "community."

1. When the Grand Floridan Spa reopens, the spa at Saratoga Springs will be closing for a similar refurb.

2. The "glow ears" from World of Color will be incorporated into MK's nighttime entertainment.

3. Avatar Land WILL make DAK a full-day park and feature a nighttime spectacular.

4. Avatar Land will feature a "flex" restaurant similar to "Be Our Guest" that is quick-service by day, table service by night.

5. Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom will be "locked" on easy mode until September at the earliest. This is due to overcrowding of the portals, not technical issues.

6. The next "articulated character" to be developed is Beast. The "core" characters have articulated heads at Dream Along With Mickey and other stage shows. Baloo and King Louie also have articulated heads on the cruise ships.

7. River Country/Ft. Wilderness DVC has been cancelled.

8. Major changes coming to DHS sooner rather than later. Details are fuzzy but some old blueprints have risen from the ash heap of WDI.

9. Decisions HAVE been made regarding Downtown Disney. I don't know what those decisions are, but I'm told an announcement won't be far off.

Jimmy Thick

1. Walt Disney himself will be re-Imagined as a hologram where anyone can ask him questions including people currently under the employ of the Disney Company. His answers will be from a Magic-8 ball but this should put to bed the constant argument of "What would Walt do".

Jimmy Thick- Gotta lurve modern technology.

Jim Handy

I can confirm #5.

#3 and #4 I can only say that details on Avatar remain fuzzy for me, but I'm confident it will happen in some form.

#7 I would be happy if that were true. They have done VERY extensive feasibility work over there, and there was at least one possibly related permit filed. Though the October-December closure of the Hoop Dee Doo Revue that some believed was related to the project has now been scrapped and the show is back on schedule. And with some form of feasibility work going on at both the Polynesian and the Venetian Hotel plot, I'll label that one as plausible.

#8 I have no idea. But I'm intrigued. With DAK getting an addition in the coming years, it makes sense to take a look at DHS. There was a nice Fantasmic refurb coming, but that's off the table for now.

I really have nothing to say on the rest, but most are possible.

DougK

This thread is a great example of the vast difference in Forum members.

The thread starter brings up some rumors for discussion. So far there have been replies from Jimmy Thick, Lee and Jim Handy. Read them and what can you conclude? Lee and Jim Handy add some nice insight, telling the rest of us what they know or at least as much as they can tell us. Jimmy Thick's response has to do with a Walt Disney hologram answering questions using a Magic 8 ball. I rest my case.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

The thread starter brings up some rumors for discussion. So far there have been replies from Jimmy Thick, Lee and Jim Handy. Read them and what can you conclude? Lee and Jim Handy add some nice insight, telling the rest of us what they know or at least as much as they can tell us. Jimmy Thick's response has to do with a Walt Disney hologram answering questions using a Magic 8 ball. I rest my case.
And then there is your post trying to instigate trouble.

DougK

I don't see my post as instigating trouble at all. I think the original poster deserved a better response to his post so I thought I would point that out. I don't think I am capable of causing much trouble around here, I am not anyone special on these boards.

Jimmy Thick

I think maybe my response just went just a little over your head. Long times posters should get it.

Jimmy Thick- No, its seriously not serious...As far as I know...

DougK

I think maybe my response just went just a little over your head. Long times posters should get it.

Jimmy Thick- No, its seriously not serious...As far as I know...

Yes Jimmy I am sure most of what you say is over my head. I could not possibly match your wit and intellect. Oh by the way how many posts do I have to have until I am one of the "long times posters"?

DougK

Don't be so hard on yourself, I believe in you.

Jimmy Thick- Why do I think of that Ren and Stimpy episode where Ren is crying and Stimpy keeps saying "There there"...

My instinct tells me you are being sarcastic, please correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps the Ren and Stimpy reference would help me understand (if it even has anything to do with your post, maybe it is just an aside) but I was never a Ren and Stimpy fan so I can't counter with anything very witty. Which pretty much proves my point that I am no intellectual match for you.

bubbles1812

He wasn't instigating trouble. He made a point that the insiders...people who can actually back up what they say and have insight into the internal workings at Disney can actually confirm or deny rumors and their statements can actually be respected. It's not about someone being more "special" than another person...some just legitimately are privy to more information than others. Jimmy just made up his usual load of BS after he snorted some more Pixie Dust. You have a very strange definition of the word "wit" if you consider Jimmy's posts witty.

DougK

He wasn't instigating trouble. He made a point that the insiders...people who can actually back up they say and have insight into the internal workings at Disney. They can actually confirm or deny rumors and their statements can actually be respected. It's not about someone being more "special" than another person...some just legitimately are privy to more information than others. Jimmy just made up his usually load of BS after he snorted some more Pixie Dust. You have a very strange definition of the word "wit" if you consider Jimmy's posts witty.

Thank you! I knew someone would get it!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
He wasn't instigating trouble. He made a point that the insiders...people who can actually back up they say and have insight into the internal workings at Disney. They can actually confirm or deny rumors and their statements can actually be respected. It's not about someone being more "special" than another person...some just legitimately are privy to more information than others. Jimmy just made up his usually load of BS after he snorted some more Pixie Dust. You have a very strange definition of the word "wit" if you consider Jimmy's posts witty.
Thanks for setting me straight.

Animaniac93-98

Forgive me, but I'm not "up on it" when it comes to tracking every little rumor so forgive me if these have already been settled in the "community."

2. The "glow ears" from World of Color will be incorporated into MK's nighttime entertainment.

I love how they look at DL, so this is good news to me.

3. Avatar Land WILL make DAK a full-day park and feature a nighttime spectacular.

If it's going to be the only new thing at AK for the next decade it better do everything short of giving me money. Nightime show, new rides and restaurants would all be welcome.

6. The next "articulated character" to be developed is Beast.

Makes sense with BatB area coming, will he be a part of the main restaurant or "Tales" attraction?

8. Major changes coming to DHS sooner rather than later. Details are fuzzy but some old blueprints have risen from the ash heap of WDI.

The "fanboi" in me wants Crimestoppers, but I'm thinking more Muppet related.

9. Decisions HAVE been made regarding Downtown Disney. I don't know what those decisions are, but I'm told an announcement won't be far off.

An announcement yes, but will they follow through with it is the real question. ;)

Responses in Red.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom