'rude' or 'ignorant'......that is the question.

I think that people aren’t as intentionally rude so much as they are oblivious. When you consider all the planning and mental effort that goes into a Disney day, I think it makes people distracted and more likely to unintentionally engage in seemingly rude behavior. To me, rude behavior is an intentional act- putting your own wants/needs first without regard to other people.

I spend several days each month at WDW, and it amazes me how oblivious the majority of the guests seem to be. I think they are just too distracted and in a hurry to realize when their behavior is inappropriate. Add in too little sleep and too much stimuli (of all sorts), and I believe the result is bad behavior. I’m sure some of it IS purposeful, but I don’t believe most of it is.

In the case of OP’s example, I think it’s a mixed bag. I think the guy was mostly oblivious- the dipping into the water jug was on a whole other level. Even if he hadn’t touched it with his hand, he shouldn’t be touching the inside water with ANYTHING. They also don’t usually let you dispense the water straight into your own bottle, but make you use a paper cup to do it. The fact that he took all of the water with someone else standing there is probably the rudest-seeming part for me. The other part is absolutely disgusting, but maybe he just doesn’t understand good hygiene.

righttrack

qmgCxUp.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What’s funny is, I rarely go in to a Starbucks, and when I do it’s usually at WDW. And these orders....you’d think the way they are barking it out that they’re getting the Waygu Beef at Victoria and Alberts.

The closest I see to this usually is like Subway, where people will nitpick every topping (and demand about 2 sandwiches worth of toppings) Probably why I don’t eat at Scrubway unless I have no other option
This is why we've moved up to DiBella's or Jersey Mike's.
Won't it spill if you hold it at that angle ?
No, no, no... they meant to only move the spoon 145 degrees in the cup. If you run the spoon all the way 'round, it confuses the milk.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
This is why we've moved up to DiBella's or Jersey Mike's.

No, no, no... they meant to only move the spoon 145 degrees in the cup. If you run the spoon all the way 'round, it confuses the milk.

That's why I make sure I request only Hood simply smart milk in my 145 degree venti double shook downward dog soy almond pineapple peppermint mochaccino. It's much better than that easy to confuse regular stuff. I think the grapefruit spoon is a little much though, I actually prefer my drinks stirred with a caviar spoon.

That's just personal preference though.

jaklgreen

At that point, I mean between hearing on here I need to heat the water up to 400 degrees and wash my hands in it for half an hour, and this, I mean...is the next step just wearing masks like they do in Japan? It would be nice if people just stayed home/in their rooms instead of going to the parks sick, but...hahahaha yeah that’s never happening.

Whoever made society here feel people should go to work/school/out in public sick should be fired into the sun on a WDW Bus from the All Star resort.
They don't wear masks in Japan to keep from getting sick, but to keep others from getting sick from them. So if a person is not feeling well, they put the mask on to not spread their germs.

MinnieWaffles

Just finishing up a WDW trip and I have to agree, other guests are just so rude. They push in front, they're impatient, they leave the restrooms in a shocking state...what is it about Disney that makes people leave their manners and brains at home????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom