'rude' or 'ignorant'......that is the question.

Damon7777

Original Poster
Place: Trolley Car Cafe, Hollywood Studios
Date: Feb 22
Principals: unknown male and me

After dressing up my Starbucks coffee with cream and sugar I waited for my turn to fill a paper cup with water from the self service glass water tank which is positioned at the same prep area.

Just when I was about to get some water a man jumped in with 3 smaller sized tumblers, cutting in front of me.
Normally I have something to say here but (1) I'm holding my 15 month baby girl with one arm and (2) he was clearly somebody who could readily wipe the floor with me if things turned terrible.

He then took off the water tank lid and dipped one of his 3 tumblers inside to get ice....while doing it I saw his wrist and hand went into the water supply (a clear glass water tank). His wrist came out dripping, too. He then filled 2 tumblers and a partial 3rd at the tap before the water supply was depleted......he left nothing.

After committing the 3 sins below,
A) Cutting in line
B) Dunked hand in water
C) Monopolized the very limited water,

he noticed that I was watching him and then he offered "oh, you have a baby....would you like some of mine(water)?"

Of course I told him that I would just wait for the staff to refill the tank.

Is he a wipe or just oblivious?
I lean towards oblivious.

Last edited:

Roy G. Dis

Smiley/OCD

It just makes you wonder what their mindsets are like...absolutely no consideration for anyone else and oblivious to what they are doing is wrong, rude and inconsiderate. My family would have been p***d that I ruined their day at the park, but I would have ruined his.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I know how it feels for something gross to happen. There is a chain of restaurants around here called Cook Out and one day when I had got off work I decided to stop and eat at one. Well I'm a UPS man and my hands were extremely dirty so I walk in and order real quick and then head to the bathroom to wash my hands and while I'm in there I encounter a Cook Out employee. So he had just washed his hands and as I got done washing mine I was gonna throw my paper towel away and I noticed that the trash can was really full so that guy goes "man that trash is too full" and LITERALLY RAMS HIS HAND IN TO THAT TRASH CAN TO MASH DOWN THE TRASH IN IT ALLLLLLL THE WAY DOWN TO HIS SHOULDER! Then he just casually walks out and I stood there almost dumbfounded. Then they call my order number out to tell me it's ready and who hands it to me but that guy! Sigh.... Am I wrong for thinking that's disgusting? My food was basically ruined for me but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to make a scene in public in my "browns" as we call them. As to the question of the OP, I'd say the answer is both. Also this just further goes to vindicate my belief that Starbucks should have never been allowed in the parks to begin with and this whole thing could have been avoided. LOL!

DisAl

Fool.
Idiot.
Stupid.
Jerk.
Several other words I can't use here....
Should have called out loudly "Can I have the assistance of a manager here? This man just dipped his hand in the water!"
At the very least he violated several health department rules, not to mention his total disregard for health of others rather than taking the time to fill his containers from the spout. Add to that his total rudeness it cutting in front of you.
They would need to remove the container and sanitize it to meet sanitation requirements.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Place: Trolley Car Cafe, Hollywood Studios
Date: Feb 22
Principals: unknown male and me

After dressing up my Starbucks coffee with cream and sugar I waited for my turn to fill a paper cup with water from the self service glass water tank which is positioned at the same prep area.

Just when I was about to get some water a man jumped in with 3 smaller sized tumblers, cutting in front of me.
Normally I have something to say here but (1) I'm holding my 15 month baby girl with one arm and (2) he was clearly somebody who could readily wipe the floor with me if things turned terrible.

He then took off the water tank lid and dipped one of his 3 tumblers inside to get ice....while doing it I saw his wrist and hand went into the water supply (a clear glass water tank). His wrist came out dripping, too. He then filled 2 tumblers and a partial 3rd at the tap before the water supply was depleted......he left nothing.

After committing the 3 sins below,
A) Cutting in line
B) Dunked hand in water
C) Monopolized the very limited water,

he noticed that I was watching him and then he offered "oh, you have a baby....would you like some of mine(water)?"

Of course I told him that I would just wait for the staff to refill the tank.

Is he a wipe or just oblivious?
I lean towards oblivious.

Naw, he's a jerk.

erasure fan1

The answer is pretty simple. The world is a look out only for myself kind of place now. People are well aware of what they are doing, they just don't care. And when you couple that with the cost of Disney, the its all about me attitude explodes off the charts. This guy knew dang well you shouldn’t stick your hand in the water or cut in line, but he didn't care. It's someone elses problem, not his. He paid thousands of dollars to be there, so rules and courtesy be darned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom