RSoxNo1's 3/13/09-3/17/09 Trip Report

Hello everyone. For those of you that followed my last trip report, I'll be doing something similar with this one.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=378712

This time it's my girlfriend Marie, her mother and possibly her mother's boyfriend for our short weekend trip. We probably won't be doing any parking hopping, and will likely limit it to one park per day.

Our flight out of Providence leaves at 7:10 in the morning, we have a layover in Baltimore, and our plan is to be in Epcot by 1:00 PM. I'll give the full report as well as the Spaceship Earth Triangle update either tomorrow night or Sunday morning.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Saturday 3/14
My alarm rang at 4:00 AM. Less than 3 hours of sleep, that’s the way to function. We had a friend drive us to Providence (TF Green), and our 7:10 flight to Baltimore was uneventful. We had just enough time in Baltimore to use the restrooms before our connecting flight was boarding. Our flight departed Baltimore at approximately 9:10, and landed in Orlando at around 11:20-11:30. I picked up our bag at the baggage claim while Marie went to the Alamo desk for our car. As we picked out our car (Chevy Aveo), we saw 4 white vans pass behind us prior to our backing out of the spot. As we were leaving the Alamo check out area, they had two lanes open, the 4 white vans split up amongst the two lanes, and apparently they were all together as part of a fast pitch women’s softball team.

We were 3rd in line in the middle lane, and I’m assuming the delay was caused by the 4 vans wanting to pay together. Needless to say we were trapped in the lane we were in, so that even when the third lane opened up we couldn’t switch lanes. We were somehow 3rd in line at 12:05 for a process that seemingly took 40 seconds per car. We saw at least 30 cars go through on either side of us before we could go through at 12:23. Thankfully Marie was driving, I would have gotten even more agitated than I did.

So on to the good news. We got to the house that Marie’s mother (Joanne) and her boyfriend (Doug) just purchased as a vacation property. 4 bedroom/3 bath in Kissimmee. It’s very nice, and I’m sure will be staying here in the future. We were able to convince Doug to join us in the parks today as he was gonna do some work around the property. Marie and I had our vouchers for annual passes, and we had some of my families old Happiest Celebration on Earth non-expiring tickets from 2005. We concluded that with the new finger scan security system that we could use these tickets for Doug and Joanne so they wouldn’t have to buy tickets, and FYI, it worked without incident.

We got into Epcot a little after 2, and first stop was Spaceship Earth. Marie e-mailed our own ride photos to her e-mail address, I’ll try to post that on here soon. Doug made the comment on the descent “it looks like they haven’t finished this”. Doug and Joanne’s last trip to Disney World was October, 2003 so quite a bit has changed since their last visit.

After Spaceship Earth we made a quick stop at Club Cool. I’ve given up non-diet soda so this was a special treat for me. We continued on over to The Land where Marie and Joanne got Soarin’ fast passes at 2:54 (Fastpass Time 7:51-8:51). Doug and I bought glazed almonds and pecans for those that wanted them and we made our way over to The Seas.

Angler fish was there, not moving, and not well lit. I didn’t see Nemo in that scene. The charging shark was making noise, but not moving that much. Both Doug and Joanne were impressed by the projections in the water, especially the Starfish and Doug also liked the EAC tunnel with Crush.

After this we went to see Turtle Talk. We had a 5-10 minute wait in the holding area and the Rays were quite active, including a few that looked as if they were either trying to escape, or eat the algae that had grown on the side of the tanks. The show was funny as per usual, and Joanne and Doug were amused.

After this we headed over to Lack of Imagination, where I voiced my criticisms post ride. For a company that prides itself on having the largest collective imagination of any company on the planet, this ride doesn't really show it.

We then went over to Mission: Space, Marie, Joanne and I all went for the non-spinning version, and Joanne had to fulfill the roles of both the Pilot and the Engineer. I would assume this ride is highly programmable, and I think the best way to make this ride the Massive E-Ticket Disney was hoping for is to have different results for failures to press certain buttons. This is supposed to be a flight simulator in some capacity, but the destination is always the same. Doug and Joanne had been on this the week that it opened, and Doug remembered following off the cliff at the end. Can anyone verify that this actually happened during the early stages of the ride?

After this we got fast passes for Test Track. It was a little before 5:00 when we picked them up. The return time was 8:15-9:00. We figured that we’d grab an early dinner, and started walking around World Showcase looking for a restaurant that would have us. No luck at the San Angel Inn (there was no room in the Inn (Luke 2:7)). So we continued on to Nine Dragons. I know some people don’t really like this place, but I don’t recall ever going, and I rather enjoyed it. (Seriously, who talks like that… the food was good, that’s all I’m saying). I liked the food better than the Yak and Yeti, and our waitress was more than attentive. She educated us on the history of Chinese characters, and although there was an obvious language barrier, she effectively waited on us hand and foot (or hand to fist as I heard someone incorrectly say the other day).

After dinner we decided to go back to Norway to check out desserts. Nothing inspired us so we went on Maelstrom. The kid behind us yelled out at the end of the ride, “We waited 20 minutes for that?!?” There was a sign in the show’s theater that said there will be no showings today. I would pay for that sign, I’m not sure why, but I think it has something to do with my hating that video. Why is it that the spirit of all of the countries in World Showcase is their people. You’d think just once it would be something like natural resources, or something else far more superficial and less corny.

After Maelstrom we made a slow stroll around World Showcase stopping in Germany for biers for Joanne and Doug, Japan for Kaki Gori for myself (or as I called it Japanese Italian Ice), and a Crepe in France for Marie. During our journey we saw the male acrobats in China, although not as “appealing” as the female acrobats, they were very impressive. We also stopped to watch Off Kilter in Canada.

We made it to Soarin’s entrance at 7:49, 2 minutes before our fast pass time. Joanne and Doug were blown away by the ride. It’s one of my favorites, so I always enjoy it as well. I was on the end of the middle row though so I didn’t get many strong scents. Again as we were walking out, a kid behind us was telling people in line that it’s not worth the wait. Oh well, I guess you can’t please everyone.

After this we headed over to Test Track for our fast passes. The last time Marie and I were on this it was about 40 degrees cooler. Needless to say, tonight was far more comfortable. The ABS cone wasn’t working, and the GM signs were still everywhere. We were intrigued by the new Camaro that was in the show room. We had just enough time to get over to the Cantina to watch Illuminations to close out the night. All in all a great day, but a long day. We’re planning on being out of the house by 8:15 tomorrow to be at the Animal Kingdom for rope drop.

Great trip reort!! I just realized that we are neighbors...we live in Braintree! I love your girlfriends' mothers SSE video...she was a siamese twin...lol.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm the only one awake right now as I start this at 10:22. Unfortunately Marie wasn't feeling good so she went to bed about 45 minutes ago. I think the plan is to let her sleep tomorrow, so we may not have the early start we did today. I usually only bring my camera to the Animal Kingdom, as I love taking photos of the animals. I did manage to save some room for a photo or two of the Tree of Life, as I have been looking for a new Desktop background. I will post all those photos in a separate post.

We arrived to the Animal Kingdom a few minutes before rope drop. We didn't really go through the animal enclosures up front, but we were eager to get to the Safari. Because we were towards the back of the crowd at rope drop, the Safari was at 20 minutes by the time we got there. We decided to grab a fast pass and walk through Pangani Forest. This worked out well as no one was there, and we still had a very good Safari. We picked up additional Safari fast passes that we wound up using later in the day.

After the Safari we made it over to the 10:30 Flights of Wonder show. We saw this for the first time in years back in December, and enjoyed it then. I really like the addition of Guano Joe, he adds some levity to the show, and also mocks the tour groups, which I also support. Doug and Joanne were pleasantly surprised by the show, and this began the winged assault on Doug throughout the day. I believe he was hit with a wing 3 times during the show, and then once more later in the day.

After the show we went over to get fastpasses for Everest. The line was at 60 minutes, we got the fast passes around 11:00, and I believe the return time was 1:55-2:55. The fastpass machine was giving people trouble, and there was probably a 5 minute wait just to get a fastpass.

We then made it to the 11:30 Finding Nemo the Musical show. Towards the end of the show there was some static on the speakers, and in the finale (bowing), at least one of the speakers was out. We're not sure if they did any shows the rest of the day, but it definitely sounded like the blew out a speaker or two. This show is growing on me as the music becomes more familiar. I'm still not a fan of "Big Blue World", but "Go with the Flow" is a good song, and I heard several grown men singing it on the way out of the show. Both Joanne and Doug seemed to enjoy this show as well.

We went to Dinosaur next. The wait time was listed at 30 minutes, but we waited closer to 50. After Phylicia Rashad and "The Guy from Veronica's Closet" did their preshow, Marie and I were talking about the Test Track preshow from the night before. The male in that preshow is also the lead in the straight to DVD release, "Still Waiting..." He's a character actor that's been around for a while. Doug enjoyed the fun fact about the chemical formulas for Ketchup, Mustard and Mayonnaise being on the transport tubes. There was also some paint missing from a prop so instead of Time Converter, it said Tim Converter. I'm not sure what I'm being converted to, but I'm open to change.

We had lunch at Flametree after that. The line was moving painfully slow. I also find it out that the bottles of Dasani water were $2.50 and the large 32 oz soda was $2.49. If only we could produce water in some sort of fountain capacity like soda, we could save a penny. I'm surprised nobody has thought of this.

After lunch we went over to the Festival of the Lion King. Apparently Doug wasn't impressed with this show the last time they went, but didn't seem to complain on this time. This is one of my favorite shows, and even after seeing it probably 30+ times I still find it entertaining. Lately, I've been watching the Tumble Monkeys when they weren't tumbling. I don't think the Tumble Monkeys or the fire twirler were involved in any of the choreography, so they'll awkwardly dance, and the Tumble Monkeys will more or less try to make the other performers laugh.

We went over to Everest after this, slowly walking through the Tree of life exhibits as we made our way over. Joanne was nervous about Everest, and Doug did not go on. He waited for us in Anundapur while we took our fastpasses over to Everest. Joanne took this much better than my own mother did, but will still probably never go back on it. For an effects update: No steam, no bird on a stick, I don't think either waterfall was running, and the Yeti was holding a sign that said, "will swipe at car for food."

We met up with Doug back in Anundapur, watched the Gibbons for a few minutes, and then went on the Maharajah Jungle Trek. The Tapir was making some weird noises (I got video, perhaps I'll upload it later). The tigers weren't too active, and I got some good photos of the birds.

The wait for Kali River Rapids was 60 minutes, but it was only 4:15 at this point, and we'd done pretty much everything we wanted to in the park (We deliberately skipped It's Tough to be a Bug). The line turned out to be a 25 minute wait. I really haven't walked through this queue in a while, as we're typically there in the dead of winter when the ride is a walk on. It was in the mid-high 80s today though, so it was a little backed up. None of us got too wet, and we were all dry by the time we left the park.

We still had our Safari fastpass so we went back over for one last trip on the Safari before heading out. We saw more activity in the morning, but I got a few more decent pictures. We headed out after this, saw some Macaws refusing to go with the keepers into their night habitat, and we saw them change the Macaw sign into an "Out foraging sign." The frame of the sign lifts right up and can be replaced with a new sign underneath, this probably allows them to change up the exhibits/enclosures pretty easily.

Also on the way out, I saw the brown lemurs, which I don't ever recall seeing. We went back to the house after this so that Joanne and Doug could check in for the flight tomorrow.

We left the house at around 6:30 to head to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at Boma. We walked over to the viewing area by the pool, and saw Gazelles, Giraffes, Sable Antelope, Elands, Vultures, Egyptian Geese and more in the distance. We then walked back to the viewing area by the lobby, I got one photo of a Zebra (who haven't been on the Safari in years), and then our table was called.

I could have had just Hummus and dessert. I enjoy the different tastes, but I really enjoy the different types of Hummus. This was about when Marie started to feel sick, so unfortunately she didn't have much more than some pita bread and a bowl of fruit.

Hopefully she'll be able to sleep it off tomorrow. It'll just be the two of us on Monday and Tuesday for the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I'm uploading pictures now, so that post will be coming up soon.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Okapi
IMG_1543.jpg

I liked this Meerkat photo
IMG_1557.jpg

Gerenuks
IMG_1554.jpg

A cardinal I chased around the Gorilla area
IMG_1578.jpg

Some photos of a Gorilla looking mean, another one looking suggestive, and another one looking like he belongs in the Jungle book
IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

More photos to come in the morning...

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
More photos:

Animal Kingdom Lodge
IMG_1711.jpg

Tree of Life
IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

Macaws
IMG_1681.jpg

The lions: The male was photo was from the morning, the female photo from the afternoon.
IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

Watusi Cattle
IMG_1664.jpg

Eland
IMG_1661.jpg

Bengal Tigers
IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

susieqt83

Lately, I've been watching the Tumble Monkeys when they weren't tumbling. I don't think the Tumble Monkeys or the fire twirler were involved in any of the choreography, so they'll awkwardly dance, and the Tumble Monkeys will more or less try to make the other performers laugh.

I LOVE FOLK!!!!!! I saw it many times during my last trip, but I think I have yet to pay attention to the rest of the performance...I'm ALWAYS distracted by the Tumble Monkeys. I love them....their antics always crack me up.

mcoolong

Your Trip report

First and foremost let me say thank you for taking the time to post your trip report and pictures. It is very helpful how you describe what your doing in the park to see what time frame things work in. I am coming to Disney for the first time this summer with my wife and 8 year old son this June. It will be a magical experience. Your reports and are insightful and very helpful. The pictures are great and loved looking at them all. Keep the reports and pictures coming.

Mike

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words everyone, and to my friend in Braintree, I was at the Emerald Hall on Friday night doing stand up... I'm a pretty big deal, I'm playing industrial parks now.

So we got a bit of a late start on Monday, not getting into the Magic Kingdom until 10:30. Touring plans had the Magic Kingdom as the best park for the day, and the crowd calendar was at a 6 (this would put peak wait times at 55-64 minutes. The park was open from 9AM – 10 PM, with Spectromagic at 8:15 and Wishes at 9:00. I listed all this out as things changed during the day. It should be noted that for the most part we waited 10-15 minutes less than the posted wait times for those attractions that we chose the standby line.

As we walked in, I stopped at City Hall to get Disney Dollars for my father, while Marie went to Space Mountain to get us fast passes, they were for 2:00, and she got them at 10:40.

The plan was to go on Buzz Lightyear after we met up, but the wait was listed at 60 minutes at 10:45 in the morning, so we went on the TTA, and saw some of the construction on Stitch’s Supersonic Celebration. The show looks like it’s not going to seat too many people, but we’ll see what becomes of it.

We then went on the Carousel of Progress and saw Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor. I’m famous in Monster World because of this little gem: “What’s black and white with a little bit of green? Two zebra’s fighting over a pickle.”

It was around 11:50 at this point, so we decided to ride Buzz. I rebounded from my horrible December showings, and wound up with 460,000 exactly. Marie was in the 140k range. After this we went over to Frontierland to get a fast pass for Splash Mountain. This was at 12:40, our fastpass return time was 4:15 – 5:15. The listed wait for Splash Mountain was 70 minutes and Thunder Mountain was 90 minutes.

From here, we rushed over to the monorail as we had 1:05 lunch reservations at the Kona Kafe in the Polynesian. We were a few minutes late, but were seated within 5 minutes of arriving. Marie had the chicken in peanut sauce, I had the fried steak in teriyaki sauce. Both were very good, and I used some of the leftover peanut sauce on my steak and rice. The chef also made us Tonga Toast even though it wasn’t breakfast. I’ve never had it before, it was great, I just don’t know if I could eat it for breakfast. Marie also ordered Crème Brulee and we were more than full. We headed back to the monorail to return to the park. We were the only people waiting, and initially we walked all the way down to the end of the gates. Then we realized that with the cast member at his station right in the middle that we should probably move. The cast member decided to play along with our little game, telling us to move to different gates 3 or 4 times. After he finally let us on the monorail, he jokingly told us that we had to get off and wait for the next one. I had also forgot to mention that on Saturday night at Epcot as we were walking out there was a custodial cast member watching everyone leave at the end of the night. He was quite loud, while holding his broom and pan, daring people to litter. “I’ll clean it up, you won’t sneak anything past me.” I threw a napkin in his direction and he cleaned it up very enthusiastically, and then shouted. “I’m getting college credit for this!” We were all amused.

I may be mixing up the order coming up, but I’ll try to cite wait times with approximate times of the day. When we returned to the park it was around 2:25, and we headed over to the Haunted Mansion, which was sporting a 40 minute wait. We actually were roped around down by the dock, and then sent back up stairs before going into the main queue. I don’t recall ever having done that.

I think after this is where the time frame gets a little fuzzy. I believe the next step was getting a Thunder Mountain fast pass, and then walking over to Pirates of the Caribbean. The wait for Pirates was listed at either 30 or 40 minutes, and we stood in the standby line for that.

We then went over to Jungle Cruise which had a 60 minute wait. 2 years ago we had a horrible Skipper, and I remember his face and his name. He was working the entrance as we lined up. The wait wound up being about 45 minutes. Our skipper was Pamela, she was from Brazil, and with English as a second language she did a decent job, but lately I have been expecting much more from the Jungle Cruise skippers. It seems like they have instituted a new thing where they have children drive the boat through the Temple.

After this we went back to Splash Mountain. Everything seemed to be working except the blue bird in the last scene wasn’t moving its mouth, or really anything at all. The frog’s mouth throughout the ride also seemed to be off a bit. The timing was perfect for us to use our Thunder Mountain fast pass, but something must have happened at Thunder because there was a backlog of fastpass people waiting outside the queue, and the line had extended all the way down to the fastpass entry area. We decided to come back to Thunder Mountain later… but we wound up with another fast pass for it from 8:15-9:15

We went to PhilHarmagic instead, wait time was listed at 20 minutes, we had to wait one show. We also noticed that Donald Duck required Pixie Dust in the Peter Pan scene. I always thought ducks could fly…

We finally got around to using our Space Mountain fast pass at around 6:40… the standby wait at that time was 100 minutes. I sat in the back, I’m curious as to when they added the speed bumps. Hey Phil Holmes… we’re gonna get that fixed, right?

After Space Mountain we went on Buzz Lightyear again. This time, Marie beat me. I think she scored in the 560K range, I got 361K.

We went back to Thunder Mountain after that and there was still a backlog of the fast pass. The wait time for the standby was listed at 60 minutes, and the standby was in the building while the fast pass was all the way down to the entrance. The fastpass also didn’t wind around the outside, it had several switchbacks in the building. We lucked out though as when we got in line, the essentially emptied the fast pass queue by putting through 100% fast pass people. We also noticed that the distribution time for new fastpasses was 9:15-10:15, so we asked the cast member at the entrance what time the park closed, and he told us 11.

After Thunder Mountain we had dinner at Pecos Bill. Marie got the food, and I went to the Jungle Cruise to get a fastpass for that. I met up with the horrible skipper from 2 years ago and asked him when they changed the park hours. He told me that they anticipated between 35k and 38k for attendance today and it was in the 52k-55k range, so the extended the park hours (We would find out later that they added a second showing of Spectromagic as well). I guess this happens 15-18 times a year, and the staff seemed to take it well. I didn’t hear anyone complaining about the extra hour, and it seemed that several managers were out working rides and such.

After dinner, we went back to Thunder Mountain for our second fast pass trip, this time the wait time was down to 30 minutes as it was in the 8:15-8:30 range. We got stuck in the parade traffic, and it took is 25 minutes to get to a ridiculously packed hub for the wishes fireworks. We made it over to Adventureland by 9:15-9:20, and finished the day off strong with another trip on the Jungle Cruise (slightly better skipper, probably going from a C to a B-/B), Relaxing Dole Whip, and a walk over to Mickey’s Toontown. We were gonna ride the train around the park, but it was closed. I walked through Donald’s Boat. I’ve never been in there, I’m guessing water squirts out and kid’s love it. It wasn’t squirting water at this point. We went on Goofy’s Barnstormer, but I couldn’t find the door in the queue that said, “Main Street Electrical…” After the Barnstormer we went to the Tomorrowland Speedway (again, doing things that we don’t typically do in our extra hour). We headed over to Fantasyland as we were hemming and hawing over whether or not to do anything over there. Pooh was less than a 5 minute wait (listed at 20), and Peter Pan was a 14 minute wait (listed at 30). The crowds disappeared after Wishes, and I’d say 60% of what was left was watching the second Spectromagic, and they left after that. It was about 10:45 after Pan, and we went over to the Haunted Mansion one last time. I waited in the stretching room to hear the extra whispers. I couldn’t make out what they were saying, and I think I may have been upsetting the Butler, but I’m sure she knew what I was doing. We shopped our way out as I bought birthday gifts for my nephew, and a couple bags of candy for my brother. I also filled a bag full of napkins for my father who has his own problems.

We’re off to Hollywood Studios tomorrow, hopefully for rope drop, but it’s 1:39 right now, so I’m not too optimistic about that. I still have to print our boarding passes, but I’m waiting for my laptop to install the printer.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I'm sitting here in MCO, and I'm copying a file I created throughout the day on my blackberry. I'll try to add more comments here and there, but if there are any typographical problems/abbreviations etc, that's why.

We were here at Disney's Hollywood Studios for rope drope. The rope dropped around 8:55. We got to the fastpass machines for Toy Story Mania by 9:03 and the distribution was at 9:40-10:40, with a long line at each machine. We decided to wait in standby, and get fastpasses afterwards. The standby was listed at 30 minutes by 9:05, and we were wound around outside. By the time we were in the building, the wait was listed at 55 minutes. We got in, in about 25 minutes and got to see the standby queue for the first time. When we were out, the line was at 80 minutes (this was at 9:41). Marie beat me. She was in the 130-140K range, and I was at 107,100. We got in the fastpass distribution line after that and the distribution was at 1:10-2:20. By the time we actually got fast passes the distribution time was at 2:40-3:40 by the time we got the passes at 10:04.

For fastpass distribution at rides like Toy Story Mania they really should rope off one queue as the machines are somewhat unreliable, and this would allow for better flow through the area. There's plenty of room next to the machines where Narnia is set up. If the Monsters Inc Coaster comes to that area it's going to be ridiculously crowded at times. I know there was some talk of the entrance being in the back, closer to the backlot tour, but it's still gonna create flow issues. Can anyone remember where a D/E ticket that was this popular ultimately saw this popularity drop a bit, and what might have led to this drop?

So after getting the fastpasses, we went over to Muppetvision 3D, the wait was listed at 5 minutes, we walked right in as the preshow has ended - we debated waiting for the preshow again, but decided to just go in and see the show. After that we went to The American Idol Experience show at 11:00 and it was great, I really enjoyed the show - we had 3 very good singers to the point where Marie and I voted on two different people. The woman that Marie voted for won, but she may have been too old to be eligible to use the dream ticket at the end of the day. I think what might happen is that the audience will side with the Simon Cowellesque judge, as was the case in our show. I think the pre-show host was better than the actual show host. The pre-show host had the sense of humor, while the main show host had the serious persona. For those that haven't seen the show, it's at least an hour commitment, as the pre-show stuff starts at least 1/2 an hour before the show time.

At 11:30 the wait for Great Movie Ride was 50 minutes

By 11:35 the wait for Tower of Terror was 60 minutes and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was 95 with fastpass distribution at 4:40-5:40. We hopped in the single rider line at 11:35 and we were in the preshow at 12:10 with no wait in the alley.

We got Tower of Terror fastpasses at 12:20 for 4:40-5:40 then it was off to the ABC Commisary for lunch, I don't remember the food items being named after ABC shows. We had the Ugly Betty (Cheeseburger)

At 1:12 we got in line for The Mediocre Movie Ride. For clarification, I'm referring to the ride itself, not the movies within. I voiced my opinions on what should be changed in this in the "All DHS, All the time" thread in the it was closer to 20. Minor note, I don't remember lit torches on the ground during Raiders of the Lost Ark.

At around 1:55 we went over to One Man's Dream. I love looking at the models, and I talked to a cast member about the fortress model from Tokyo Disney Sea, and how it was part of the Mysterious Island section of the park. I then mentioned to him that I had heard rumors about this coming to Animal Kingdom, and he said that he was personally holding out hope for Beastly Kingdom. We had walked through the area before, but never done seen the video, and I'm glad we did that. It's not something I'll need to do on every trip, but I know I'll do it again.

We got into the fast pass line for Toy Story Mania at 238. It was outside the building, and not moving. The standby queue was 110 minutes. We waited about 25 in the fast pass line. I got 128,300 at 34%. Marie got 124,900 at 24%. I'm not sure why I can't get as many shots off - I'll avoid making any jokes here at my or Marie's expense.

We had a few minutes to kill, so we went over to the Tower of Terror store at around 3:20. I was looking for towels, but they only had bath robes. The wait for the ride was 80 minutes at that point.

We decided to go to Beauty and the Beast, as it had been a while. We go there 20 minutes before the 3:45 start time and the theater was about half full at this time. The show isn't my favorite, mainly be cause of the Beast in it. I know that it's derived from the movie, but I think the voice is over the top. Upon review, Marie decided this show should be called Beauty and Christian Bale. The song "Kill the Beast" is very similar to "Be Prepared" from the Lion King. I also remember doves at the end of this show, but there weren't any for this one (I could be mixing this up with the Hunchback Show).

At 4:15 the wait for Tower of Terror was 70 minutes and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was 120 minutes. We opted for the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster single rider line again. We were out in the alley by 4:29, but unlike the last time it was a bit backed up so we didn't get on until 4:50-4:55. A couple in front of us asked if they could be seated together, and after initially saying that they couldn't, it worked out that there was a few large groups, and the cast member needed two people to fill the back of the train so it worked out for them - shorter wait, and they got to sit together.

Our last ride of the trip, and one of my favorites was Tower of Terror. We got over there around 5:00. The standby for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was at 80 minutes when we left that area and for Tower of Terror it was at 50 minutes. We had the Tower of Terror fast pass, so we only waited 10-15 minutes. After that it was off to the airport to catch our flight which is where I am right now. All in all a great long weekend, not stressful, no pressure to see and do things despite the crowds. Had the crowds been closer to what was projected it might have been a bit more enjoyable, but we made the best of it, and didn't miss anything that we'll lose sleep over.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
In the post show they have computers set up with video cameras and it will ID your face and pull your video and any other video in your car. You can then choose to send them to your home e-mail address, and from there, download them to your computer.

Just an update, my next trip report will be from the West Coast as I'm going on a Baseball/Disney/Zoo/Theme Park tour for two weeks from Friday May 22nd-Saturday June 6th.

krankenstein

Dude, we were at the same AIE show and probably around each other at TSMM. :lol:

I voted for the first girl. The one that was "too dramatic." :shrug:

I'm enjoying the report, keep it coming!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom