Royal Room here I come!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
What a week! But after a lot of planning and diligence...my DH and I just confirmed we are staying in a Royal Room at POR! And we added 2 days onto our trip! All with Free Dining! I'm so excited!:sohappy:

ml123_9

If you have never stayed at PORS, I would recommend seeing YeeHaw Bob in the lounge and also trying Boatwright's, their onsite TS. IMO it's a hidden gem. Their prime rib is excellent. Have fun and be sure to let us know how the Royal Rooms are.:wave:

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Pors.

Congrats,just watched a 15 min video of the new rooms including the royal rooms,I take it you've got kids?:shrug:Anyway,yes Boatwrights has improved over the years,and as far as Yee Haw goes:lookaroun,I must be in the minority here as he has a big fan base,but it's not my cup of tea,and that's as polite as I can put it.:wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

Congrats! They look like fun!

I am one of the YeeHaw lovers out there, so I would definitely recommend it as well. Definitely one of the night sports that is overlooked by many guests who just don't know.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Don't you know you don't need to have kids in WDW? You ARE kids in WDW. :) Our kids are grown and I plan to drag my husband to one of the royal rooms one of these days.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

First off ...VERY EXCITING!!! The Royal Rooms look soooooo cool! Secondly- JEALOUS!!! :D I had a Royal Room booked for our surprise trip in Nov, but my girls don't want to say in one. :cry: They were playing WDW one day and were in a phase where they were going back to their hotel, so I took it as an opportunity to show them the new Royal Rooms. They said they looked neat and all, but would rather stay at the hotel we were at on the last trip. :rolleyes: So, no Royal Rooms for us.:(

You'll have to post pics after you travel! Again- soooo jealous!:wave:

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

The Royal Rooms are absolutely stunning. I literally gasped when I walked in to one! The pictures don't do them justice. They are beautiful! You will love them!

Upvote 0

Mimi

First off ...VERY EXCITING!!! The Royal Rooms look soooooo cool! Secondly- JEALOUS!!! :D I had a Royal Room booked for our surprise trip in Nov, but my girls don't want to say in one. :cry: They were playing WDW one day and were in a phase where they were going back to their hotel, so I took it as an opportunity to show them the new Royal Rooms. They said they looked neat and all, but would rather stay at the hotel we were at on the last trip. :rolleyes: So, no Royal Rooms for us.:(

You'll have to post pics after you travel! Again- soooo jealous!:wave:

Ok you peeked my curiosity... where in the World would two little girls rather stay than in a Royal Room?

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

What a week! But after a lot of planning and diligence...my DH and I just confirmed we are staying in a Royal Room at POR! And we added 2 days onto our trip! All with Free Dining! I'm so excited!:sohappy:

We have reservations in the Royal Rooms the last week of June, and even with being annual passholders, couldn't get any kind of discount or dining. Do you think it's because of our dates? Do you have any suggestions for a discount that week?

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
If you have never stayed at PORS, I would recommend seeing YeeHaw Bob in the lounge and also trying Boatwright's, their onsite TS. IMO it's a hidden gem. Their prime rib is excellent. Have fun and be sure to let us know how the Royal Rooms are.:wave:

Thank you! No, we have never stayed here before! Who is he? What kind of food is Boatwright's?

I will for sure do a travel report! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Congrats,just watched a 15 min video of the new rooms including the royal rooms,I take it you've got kids?:shrug:Anyway,yes Boatwrights has improved over the years,and as far as Yee Haw goes:lookaroun,I must be in the minority here as he has a big fan base,but it's not my cup of tea,and that's as polite as I can put it.:wave:

No, we don't have kids :brick: - its been an painful year in regards to that which is why we are taking a much needed trip to WDW. We usually stay at Deluxe resorts - but the finances just weren't there (due to the past year as previously mentioned) to stay at the Poly like we had hoped. So we this is our first stay to POR and first stay a moderate resort. So I don't know a lot of the stuff. Thanks for your opinions! I really appreciate them! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We have reservations in the Royal Rooms the last week of June, and even with being annual passholders, couldn't get any kind of discount or dining. Do you think it's because of our dates? Do you have any suggestions for a discount that week?

I only had discounts in June once - when they were offering the buy 4 get 3 days thing a few years ago ( I would love for them to bring that discount back! :lol:) We have free dining when we are traveling.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Ain't No Jerry Lee.

Thank you! No, we have never stayed here before! Who is he? What kind of food is Boatwright's?

I will for sure do a travel report! :sohappy:

By all means have a listen to Yee Haw Bob,he tinkles the ivories in his way,I think it's great entertainment for children but seems adults love him too.Hmm.I already got shot down for stating it wasn't my cup of tea.:wave:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
By all means have a listen to Yee Haw Bob,he tinkles the ivories in his way,I think it's great entertainment for children but seems adults love him too.Hmm.I already got shot down for stating it wasn't my cup of tea.:wave:

I have a feeling, just by the name, my DH is going to groan when I suggest we check him out. :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom