Roy E. Disney has Passed away.

prberk

I really appreciated his views and the care he took in making sure feature animation thrived. I also liked the "Tomorrowland Then and Now" feature that he had on the Save Disney website several years ago. I still agree with it, and with the article he wrote about "branding" at the time. I remember he said that he thought names were more important than "brands," and he was "kind of fond" of his name! (Anyone have archives from that site?)

I also liked his work on Fantasia 2000 and the Treasures videos.

He will be missed.

Walt 1901

Good-bye Roy thank you for helping to carry on a dream we all share. I hope that one of the other members of the Disney family will be involved as much as he was. I think Walter Elias Disney Miller would be cool.

nemofinder22

Philmvt

December not a good month for the Disney's

Walt passed away December 15, 1966
Roy O passed away December 20, 1971
Edna, Roy O's wife December 1984
Lillian Disney, Walt's wife passed away December 16, 1997

But Walt's daughter Diane was born in December, as was Walt.

fredtom

What a major loss! The world is now a sadder place without him.

Thanks, Roy... for all you did to contribute to and protect Disney. We are all happier because of your work. We will miss you, your smile, and that gleam in your eye... much like Walt's.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sorry to dredge this up, I've been out of touch and just read the sad, sad news. I feel like someone stuck a knife in my heart. :( For me, the last real connection to Walt is gone, and that's what breaks my heart.

He will certainly be missed, but not without making a profound and lasting impact on both animation and TWDC. Sad, also, that he died one day after the 44th anniversary of Walt's death and on the same day Lillian died in 1997, and just a few days before the anniversary of his father's death in 1971.... My wife and I (then just dating) took our first trip to WDW the day after Lilly died, and since we were packing/traveling we didn't know she had died when we got down there. We saw the flags at half-staff at MK the next day and wondered why, and then we found out. Anyone know if they lowered the flags for Roy last week?

RIP Roy. And thank you. For everything.

:cry:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Sorry to dredge this up, I've been out of touch and just read the sad, sad news. I feel like someone stuck a knife in my heart. :( For me, the last real connection to Walt is gone, and that's what breaks my heart.

He will certainly be missed, but not without making a profound and lasting impact on both animation and TWDC. Sad, also, that he died one day after the 44th anniversary of Walt's death and on the same day Lillian died in 1997, and just a few days before the anniversary of his father's death in 1971.... My wife and I (then just dating) took our first trip to WDW the day after Lilly died, and since we were packing/traveling we didn't know she had died when we got down there. We saw the flags at half-staff at MK the next day and wondered why, and then we found out. Anyone know if they lowered the flags for Roy last week?

RIP Roy. And thank you. For everything.

:cry:
Yep...Both here and Disneyland. Made me VERy sad to see it when we pulled into the TTC on the 18th.

4205102970_1ccb63008e.jpg

And, his window.

4205117228_79a14e759d.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom