Rover's got a new coat (and other Carousel of Progress updates)

brkgnews

"our refrigerator hold more ice cubes....and my favorite is the.......Hey! HEY YOU IN THE RED SHIRT.....SHUT THE HELL UP AND TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE I'M TALKING ABOUT MY DISHWASHER TO THE PEOPLE SLEEPING IN THE BACK ROW!"

I gotta admit... that's pretty funny. Well-played.

marmiedook

I remember the original "final scene"

I LOVE CoP! When I was little, it was a must-see attraction for my family at Disneyland. The final scene (wish I had a picture) was a very cool (now retro) modernized 60's scene. It was soooo cool. I think the miniature 'future' city, the model for EPCOT in its earliest stage was behind a glass as you left the attraction. Ahhh.memories! As a child I was amazed by the tiny cars and buses with working headlights!!

Now, even though my kids don't understand why...CoP is one of the attractions at MK I must see at least once, but usually twice along with the Country Bear show and Tiki room (also known as dullsville to my kids). I've added the The Hall of Presidents to it too...Animatronics is where it's at! I'm one of those who sits up in my seat to watch the show rather than fall asleep in the longer air conditioned attraction like so many people do!! :ROFLOL:

Eyorefan

"our refrigerator hold more ice cubes....and my favorite is the.......Hey! HEY YOU IN THE RED SHIRT.....SHUT THE HELL UP AND TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE I'M TALKING ABOUT MY DISHWASHER TO THE PEOPLE SLEEPING IN THE BACK ROW!"

That has to be the funniest thing I have read all day! :ROFLOL:

KaliSplash

Now, even though my kids don't understand why...CoP is one of the attractions at MK I must see at least once, but usually twice along with the Country Bear show and Tiki room (also known as dullsville to my kids). I've added the The Hall of Presidents to it too...Animatronics is where it's at! I'm one of those who sits up in my seat to watch the show rather than fall asleep in the longer air conditioned attraction like so many people do!! :ROFLOL:

AMEN! CoP was the first thing we rode after the WedWay People Mover on my first trip to WDW in 1979. I was stunned.
I've loved it ever since. I also love the Country Bear Jamboree (Blood on the Saddle by Big Al is my favorite). The Tiki Birds also a favorite (not as excited about the new show, but still). I was impressed at how the birds in the dark during other portions of the show continued to turn in various directions, watching the action, etc. Also with the leaning and whispering in the Hall of Presidents.

And thanks Miss M for noticing and photographing the changes. It's great to see this attraction get some love

lilclerk

I was impressed at how the birds in the dark during other portions of the show continued to turn in various directions, watching the action, etc. Also with the leaning and whispering in the Hall of Presidents.

I love that as well, it's the little details that make all the difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom