Rose and Crown???

JaSnake16

We are leaving Sun. morning for WDW. We would like to eat in one resturant in Epcot during our stay (Italy is definitely out, my family ate there over the X-mas holliday and they said the food was awful), so my girlfriend and I thought about England. Any thoughts on wether or not this is a good decision? Ive seen the menu whats the food like? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Irene

My family ate there the last time down. It was real nice and the food was good.My hubby had fun trying the beer sampler. We enjoyed our selves there.:D

Upvote 0

imagineer99

Do yourself a favor and eat at Marrakesh!:slurp:

It is by far my favorite World Showcase Restaurant. It is also accompanied by a great atmosphere. You can't go wrong.:)

Upvote 0

Yenfid

Rose and Crown is good, but Marrakesh is really good, as is France's Chef's de France. If I had to choose, I'd rate them in this order;

1. Marrakesh
2. Chef's de France
3. Rose and Crown

Upvote 0

David

I had the Shepherd's Pie on our last trip. We enjoyed the experience very much. I would not go as far as saying that it the best meal you can get, but it's a nice place to eat. I understand that if you eat dinner there, it may be possible to eat and watch Illiuminations there, but you are not guarranteed a clear view. Seating is by the luck of the draw, but you might want to giveit a try.

Upvote 0

aimster

The Rose & Crown is the only restaurant in World Showcase I've eaten at (the French pastry shop doesn't count... heh). The Ploughman's Lunch is pretty good, as is the fish & chips.

But if you want something with a more "international" flavour, you might want to check out the other restaurants people here are suggesting.

Upvote 0

Budahman

My opinion on the Rose and Crown is that the Fish & Chips were an overall rating of 6 out of 10 for me. The fish was way too breaded. The serving was hearty, and other than that it seemd to be an ok place.
**MAKE SURE IF YOU EAT OUTSIDE ON THE PATIO, ITS A VERY NICE DAY. THE DAY WE ATE, IT WAS PRETTY WINDY, AND WE PRACTICALLY FROZE OUR BUTTS OFF**
If there is another place you want to eat, I'd go there and skip the Rose and Crown.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Welsh Chick

Originally posted by JaSnake16
We are leaving Sun. morning for WDW. We would like to eat in one resturant in Epcot during our stay (Italy is definitely out, my family ate there over the X-mas holliday and they said the food was awful), so my girlfriend and I thought about England. Any thoughts on wether or not this is a good decision? Ive seen the menu whats the food like? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just a little correction. It's the United Kingdom, not England! :animwink:

Upvote 0

charliez

Is it open for dining inside? How extensive is the rehab, and is there an expected completion date?

Love eating there, along with a Bass ale - hope to be there in the next few weeks!

Upvote 0

Woody13

England Swings

Originally posted by Welsh Chick

England swings like a pendulum do,
Bobbies on bicycles, two by two,
Westminster Abbey the tower of Big Ben,
The rosy red cheeks of the little children.

Now, if you huff and puff and you fina'lly save enough
Money up to take your family on a trip across the sea,
Take a tip before you take your trip; let me tell you where to go,
Go to Engeland, Oh;

Mama's old pajamas and your papa's mustache,
Falling out the window sill, frolic in the grass,
Tryin' to mock the way they talk fun but all in vain,
Gaping at the dapper men with derby hats and canes.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

BwanaBob said:
FYI...Rose and Crown is still under re-hab inside.

Does anybody know if this rehab is still going on? And if so, when will it be completed? We are planning on eating there on our trip in September. We usually go to Mexico's San Angel to eat, but after downloading all the menus, I want to eat in the UK. Also, is it an ok restaurant to bring a child?

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Similar

Yenfid said:
Rose and Crown is good, but Marrakesh is really good, as is France's Chef's de France. If I had to choose, I'd rate them in this order;

1. Marrakesh
2. Chef's de France
3. Rose and Crown

You can't go wrong with any of these three. I would reverse 1 and 2, possibly put Mexico ahead of the UK.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

Thanks for the info. So you think I will not enjoy UK as much as Mexico? I really do not think I would like Marrakesh. The whole place just stinks to me. We returned from London a couple of months ago and did not eat anywhere but Starbucks the whole time we were there due to limited time and the location of our hotel (by Heathrow...hence the Starbucks). We are trying to make up for what we missed by enjoying more of UK this time at Epcot.

Upvote 0

ogryn

NOTE:
Cornish Pasty - It is pronounced p-ah-st-y, not paste-y, as I have heard a few times before. Of course, if you do continue to pronounce it like this, it will cause me and my family immense enjoyment for years to come.

Thank you please.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Welsh Chick said:
Don't take it personally - as a generalisation American geographic knowlegde of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is somewhat limited to "England" :lol:

As far as World Showcase grub goes, I second the motion for Morocco, but I also like Norway (which was closed on my last visit).

Upvote 0

barnum42

EpcotGrl said:
A word of caution--bubble & squeak is not fun, despite the name :D
Bubble and Squeak rocks!

Well the real stuff does anyway, I don't know about mass produced stuff. It's best served on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas) where you mash up the leftovers of the side dishes in a frying pan and seve it with cold turkey. This is the only time that Brussel Sprouts make a tasty meal.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom