Room1313's 6/5 Disney Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Well, I was including the 20 minutes I waited into that...Anyway, I ran into this idiot bus driver while I was waiting at DTD the other day, saying I couldnt ride the bus because I wasnt a resort guest...Theres no way this can be true, I mean, I payed 400 bucks for an AP, and to be denied bus service is ridiculous (sp?)...And he tried to lie, saying bus service was cancelled for the day. I told him im going to have to speak to someone who has a higher authority than him and have them tell me I cant ride the busses, even though I payed a bunch of money...He left though, and I got on my bus

Invero

Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT
I ran into this idiot bus driver while I was waiting at DTD the other day, saying I couldnt ride the bus because I wasnt a resort guest...Theres no way this can be true, I mean, I payed 400 bucks for an AP

Actually, he was right. As an Annual Passholder or Park Hoper Passholder, you are allowed use of Park-to-Park transportation ONLY. Only Disney Resort Guests technically have the use of Resort transportation, which includes Downtown Disney transportation.

It's this way so that people don't park at DTD, and then take a bus to the park, thus clogging the buses, and avoiding the $7 parking fee.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Ok, Ok I get that, but I mean, If you cant drive yet, and your at DTD, how are you supposed to get anywhere....And you get free parking with an AP anyway so....

Invero

Well, if you can't drive, and you're not a Disney Resort Guest... you had to have gotten there somehow.

Solution: Get dropped off at the theme park, or the TTC.

Invero

Originally posted by Woody13
Yes, but the Florida Premium AP is $403.64. You payed the full price?

Cast Member discounted price is $384, give or take a dollar. Add tax, and it's over $400.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
I payed full price, it came to 400 and 20 something, and guys, sorry to cause an argument, just steamed over something right now...You have to agree though, it wasnt right for him to lie, and say there was no bus service today.

Invero

Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT
I payed full price, it came to 400 and 20 something, and guys, sorry to cause an argument, just steamed over something right now...You have to agree though, it wasnt right for him to lie, and say there was no bus service today.

No argument caused... Its all good.

Are you sure he didn't mean there was no service to Typhoon Lagoon? Or that there was no service to the theme parks? I just dont think they'd say something like, "there is no bus service at all today"

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Thank you WDWMAGIC! It's always WHO you ask!

Anyway, if they are doing "soft" openings "possibly" (I understand it's only possibly) in mid to late June, how will I know? Do I have to go to Epcot every day to see if it's open? Does one have to sit outside all day and wait to see?

Can someone give me some tips on how to accomplish this? Can you call Epcot and ask if there will be soft openings on any given day?

Thank you,
Christina

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Im positive he said there was no bus service today

And Corajack....Your best bet is to go to a park, and about every 2 hours, go into a gift shop and ask them to call the TT gift shop. Since I believe MS and TT operate as one unit, they should know

Woody13

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Cast Member discounted price is $384, give or take a dollar. Add tax, and it's over $400.

The current price of a Florida Resident Premium AP is $379.00 plus 6.5% sales tax = $403.64. Sorry to hear that cast members have to pay a higher price.

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Thanks, TOT:

You mean to go a gift shop in ANY park and ask them to call the TT gift shop in Epcot? They will do this? Then if you find out it's open rush over there? I'll bet the line will be 3 hours long.

Christina

Invero

Originally posted by Woody13
The current price of a Florida Resident Premium AP is $379.00 plus 6.5% sales tax = $403.64. Sorry to hear that cast members have to pay a higher price.

According to DisneyWorld.com, the regular price is $399.00. And according to the WDW Cast Portal, Cast Discounted price is $382.46.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Well, your best bet is a big shop in any park...Mousegears, emporium, Villians in Vouge, Island Merchantile....ect....Also, if you take the monorail from the TTC to Epcot, the monorail goes right over MS, and if you see people in the plaza, your in luck:animwink:

CoraJack

Account Suspended
OK, I'll give it a shot. In "less than a week" when you accomplish your ride, let us know how you did it, ok?

Christina

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom