Room Security Checks

Horizons1983

Disney has zero say in how non-Disney hotels run their own businesses.
You couldn’t be more wrong! The agreements with the hotels on Disney’s land as well as any other third party with a business on Disneys property gives Disney the express right to dictate certain operating procedures, one of which is security (another big one is aesthetics, but unrelated to this conversation).

You think Disney is allowing the Swan and Dolphin to run their operations so close to Epcot, the Studios, and their other resorts without any input on their business procedures? To a certain extent, Disney’s even allowed to chime in on pricing if they feel it may hurt their business interests.

JIMINYCR

Disney was mentioned back in 2001 - not during the time frame the room checks started. And the parks were the focus here, not the small resorts.

And we absolutely have evidence the measures have been ineffective - the simple fact that they have not required the Swan/Dolphin or the hotels on Hotel Blvd to do such checks shows that they have not uncovered anything of substance in doing these checks. If these checks had been fruitful in prevention, they legally can (and would) require the other hotels to do such checks. Furthermore, they would've shared their results with Universal had something come up (yes - these competitors do openly share info like this) and Universal would've started doing the same thing at their hotels.
All of Disney was on alert. No one knew where they were planning to hit at the time. All the major parks including Uni and Sea World were also concerned that they could be targets as well.

Ayla

You couldn’t be more wrong! The agreements with the hotels on Disney’s land as well as any other third party with a business on Disneys property gives Disney the express right to dictate certain operating procedures, one of which is security (another big one is aesthetics, but unrelated to this conversation).

You think Disney is allowing the Swan and Dolphin to run their operations so close to Epcot, the Studios, and their other resorts without any input on their business procedures? To a certain extent, Disney’s even allowed to chime in on pricing if they feel it may hurt their business interests.
Sure.

Cariad

I just watched a video review of a concierge level room at Contemporary and they arrived to a giant cobweb in the bathroom, one that had been there for while in a room that cost them $966 for a one night stay. That is absolutely unacceptable and quite frankly, the proper servicing and deep cleaning of rooms is far more important to the physical safety of resort guests than daily room checks and K-9 sniffer dogs. I wonder how many people have become unwell during or straight after a stay at a Disney resort and not considered the cause to be poor housekeeping between guests. I know I experienced a lack of housekeeping between the stay of the last guest and my occupancy thst should have not happened period.
You are more likely to become unwell at a Disney resort due to non existent housekeeping than be the victim of a terrorist act.

JIMINYCR

spider-animated-gif-40.gif

Lilofan

All of Disney was on alert. No one knew where they were planning to hit at the time. All the major parks including Uni and Sea World were also concerned that they could be targets as well.
There was a considerable security presence (5-6 security CMs) in case any disturbances happen specifically at the Morocco pavilion in Epcot immediately after 9/11.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom