Room rehab at CSR

Buzz2001

The rehab at CSR is now moving to casita 4. All the cabana buildings are complete as are ranchos 6a and 6b. The 4th floors in casita 1, 2 and 3 are done as well. All looks on schedule to be complete by 10/2009.

2z6sawj.jpg

nn18gh.jpg

iqacnk.jpg

5bo5ls.jpg

23nxax.jpg

Frank&Ollie

Staying there in August (8-15). Does anyone know if I call the reservation # if they will get me into one of the newly refurbished rooms?

There will be 4 adults in the party and the 2 Queen (instead of 2 double) would be a very nice idea!

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Staying there in August (8-15). Does anyone know if I call the reservation # if they will get me into one of the newly refurbished rooms?

There will be 4 adults in the party and the 2 Queen (instead of 2 double) would be a very nice idea!
I would make that part of your room request.

Upvote 0

Pete C

I am staying at CSR this weekend and the woman I spoke to on the phone said that the rooms had Queen beds now. Maybe she really didn't know what she was talking about, I thought all the rooms had Queen beds already.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
I am staying at CSR this weekend and the woman I spoke to on the phone said that the rooms had Queen beds now. Maybe she really didn't know what she was talking about, I thought all the rooms had Queen beds already.
I believe they have all been changed over. There was 100 rooms that were being changed to king beds and took longer.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Here are some pics of business club level lounge at CSR. Again, this lounge will not be available to leisure guests at this time.

2cpzvp3.jpg

1zybzu1.jpg

123rybm.jpg

s4rtko.jpg

2wgci0l.jpg

2v1rypx.jpg

fxqbgi.jpg

34splzs.jpg

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
They are doing paint touch-ups on Casita 4 and should be done by end of week. They have two conventions coming in so they might not start Casita 5 for two weeks.

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

Anyway that I can find out what conventions will be there while I am there? i arrive the 29th and leave may 6th. Can I call the resort and ask?

I know there is a convention coming in this week. Here is a list that Buzz compiled from Googling and from posters giving him info on another forum:

April 19 - 23, IAPP-U International Accounts Payable Professionals
Apr 26 -28, AACSB International 2009 - International Conference and Annual Meeting
April 27 - 28, USASF/IASF - FIFTH ANNUAL COACHES CONFERENCE AND INDUSTRY TRADE SHOW

May 3 - 6, FTA 2009 Forum & Info*Flex
May 6 - 9, Nursing 2009 Symposium
May 14 - 16, 9th Annual FOCUS Conference
May 17 - 22, STLE Annual Convention

Jun 15 - 20, Wester CPE CPA Conference

Jul 3 - 4, 2009 US Open Karate Championship
Jul 7 - 12, Friends for Life Annual Conference
Jul 16 - 18, TOPS IRD

Aug 25 - 29, Florida Recreation & Park Association

Sept 30 - Oct 4, Society of American Foresters National Convention

Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2009, HACU 23rd Annual Conference

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LIST. THIS IS FROM RESEARCH DONE BY SOMEONE ON GOOGLE AND DISER'S SENDING IN ONES THAT THEY ARE MADE AWARE OF.

Upvote 0

MrToad1

We are staying there Dec 6th - Dec 13th and was wondering, assuming all the rooms by then have been refurbished, which newly refurbed section is the best to stay? Casitas? Cabanas? Rancheros?

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Not many huge updates at CSR to talk about. Still working on the renovations but here are a few little things.

CSR now has blue velvet ropes in the lobby instead of those ribbon line guides. And they opened up the first three stations on the check in counter specifically for the "on-line" check ins. With the pre-arrival check in, they can have room keys and welcome packs already prepped. For the experienced guest, it's very quick. Newbies, of course, still have questions and need guidance, so it doesn't really change much there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom