Rollar Coaster Theme Park???

General Grizz

Originally posted by ChesireCat
I know this all wasn't intentional, but as a teenager (18), it's kind of offensive to hear people imply that all it takes to satisfy teenagers is whatever cheap thrill ride/coaster a park can throw together. And to imply that adults aren't as into thrill rides is a little off. The majority of people who enjoy roller coaster type rides probably are teenagers but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy other types of attractions also.
To imply that EPCOT would be "boring" to me because I'm young is insulting. I happen to LOVE EPCOT, and my favorite ride ever is POtC. Disney is better than any "thrill" park in the world in my opinion and I know a lot of my peers agree.
Our attention span is in fact longer than 30 seconds, a fact many adults seem to be unaware of. We can enjoy Disney as much as any adult or child. I know I enjoy it now even more than I did as a small child because now all the little things a person doesn't notice when they're younger can be more appreciated.
I know I probably came off sort of angry, but I'm not. I know you guys weren't trying to start a fight and neither am I. I love your opinions, I just wanted to let you know that teens are into a lot more than thrill rides.:animwink:
(whew)
Okay......I'm done ranting.
~sasha:cool:

Don't worry, Sasha! We're not trying to attack teenagers here. And I would like to slap someone who says 'Oh, all teenagers hate that EPCOT stuff...' I was pretty young on my first visit to EPCOT...and it was my favorite park!

Sure, people are people. And everyone is different. I know many teens who HATE Disney in general and only go to Universal. Every one of them likes those quick thrill rides more than a well done Disney ride. However, I know a larger number of teenagers who love Disney parks who prefer more well-done attractions.

And everyone was (or will be depending on how old you are) a teenager and many will like attractions like PoTC, many will like thrills like The Hulk, some will like attractions like El Rio Del Tiempo. So it's hard to stereotype, but most people probably know teenagers who like a certain category, i.e. quick, cheap (though they wouldn't notice as they are screaming their head off :) ) thrills, so that is why they would say this.

And who knows...maybe a three year old loves the Hulk, and despises Peter Pan's Flight... well, that's an extreme...but I think we get the general idea.

LONG LIVE DISNEY'S QUALITY! :sohappy:

General Grizz

Re: Re: Re: Rollar Coaster Theme Park???

Originally posted by Herbie53

I agree. Let Disney be Disney! While Disney innovates, Universal can play catch up, just like always.

...and use their ideas!! :lol: (big wink to Alien Attack and Fast Track) ;)

General Grizz

Originally posted by Luau Cove
Let's face it. Maybe the next park will include some roller coasters, but a whole park made of roller coasters would be not only be inadequate for Disney since it's always remarking it's motto that Disney World is a land for grown-ups and kids, and since all parks include this basic idea, why are we doubting that the same base will be strict for any other upcoming Disney park.
Besides, it would be boring to go to a coaster after another. It's true most people like thrilling rides, I do too, but a whole day at the roller coasters you end up desiring PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN or any other calm attraction where you can just relax and enjoy the ride. I know Disney is aware of that.
-->LUAU

Are you sure the proper "relaxing" attraction is PIRATES? Let's see, hmmm... the city's on fire, they're boming you, we go down a waterfall, see dead skulls everywhere, and a drunkard aims a gun at everyone! Yep, pretty relaxing! :lol:

I think that Tiki Birds, CoP, CBJ, IASW, etc. would be the more relaxing type, that is, if you like this kind of attraction... :lol: I SURE DO!!!!

mattravels

Ok wait a minute it sounds to me like you are trying to say teens shouldn't be allowed to have fun! Walt said he wanted all family members to have fun. Now you all singled out all of the teens (or well a lot) saying that if we like rollercoasters then we shouldn't go to Disney World. I would like to say that I've been going to Disney World since I was 1 year old and I'm now 14 and sure when I was younger I didn't like rollercoasters but now I love them but I still wouldn't trade a day to go to ceder point than to go to Disney!! I love it there. Now if you all are so grudgy about the negative look at the great excitement of rollercoasters why didn't you try to think of ways a park with rollercoasters could work in Disney World. Imagineers can do almost anything it shouldn't be hard to theme different lands to rollercoasters. Now think of this there will be different lands but have you thought you know it could be called Rollercoaster Kingdom and there could be a main rollercoaster in each land and then surrounding it the landscape and shops and lots of different rides like if it were Fantasia Land then we could name the rollercoaster Sorcerer Mountain and around it kiddy rides and all sorts of stuff. So you see I agree that a park can't survive on only rollercoasters but if you add the Disney touch and a few smaller rides it would work perfectly. I'm sorry I'm new so maybe I shouldn't said that but I just thought like sharing it.

The Mom

Premium Member
Guys, we're not saying there is anything WRONG with coasters! We're not saying that they are geared toward teenagers because they (younger folks) are somehow inferior. The extreme ride designs just prohibit so many people due to height, weight, and health requirements that it's hard for the whole family to enjoy a park, or even a land, made up of them alone. The way Disney intergrates them into the parks makes it possible for grandma to go on a mild ride with the baby while the older grandkids and parents go on a thrill ride. Everyone can have fun without straying too far apart!

Sheri

Matt, some kids like rollercoasters, some kids don't, and even if you throw in a few smaller, tamer rides, there's still going to be some kids to scared to go on. as much as some kids like them and would go on, I bet just as many wouldn't go on. Disney, I think, built themselves up to be a family place, and if they are going to have a park that only a select few (if any!) members of the family would go on, Disney isn't really living up to what they have done before. And if they are going to build a park with only rollercoasters, they would loose a lot of money because a lot of people would just think, well I don't like rollercoasters so I won't go. You said it yourself, "Imagineers can do almost anything", so I'm hoping they would be smart enough to know not to waste their money.

oh and btw, welcome to wdwmagic :D

General Grizz

Originally posted by mattravels
Ok wait a minute it sounds to me like you are trying to say teens shouldn't be allowed to have fun!

I never said anything about that!!! Sorry if you got the wrong impressions!

All I was saying is we shouldn't judge what "teenagers" want (that's in quotations because it's hard to group) becuase they all have different interests. And I was saying that we can't group ALL teenagers together by making one particular ride. I never even came close to saying that they "weren't allowed to have fun!"

Sorry if you got the wrong impression!

figment99

My God, we sure do bicker a lot. . .

I'm of the opinion that an IOA park would not be a good idea for Disney. One also has to consider the expense in maintaining a roller-coaster (something like The Hulk takes lots of money to maintain--and Disney is not one to create rides like that. Witness 20,000 leagues. . .) and the coasters simply wouldn't blend into the horizon like Cinderella's castle or Spaceship Earth.

mattravels

I'm sorry I started this fued but one thing I mentioned was that this wouldn't be a IOA park it would be a magic kingdom with one major rollercoaster in each land ya know what I'm saying like all the disney rides plus a Disney twist on the rollercoaster. They proved they can do it very very very well with rock n rollercoaster. Again, I'm sorry I brought bickering about on this thread I guess not a good way to start out in the Forums.

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm sorry I started this fued but one thing I mentioned was that this wouldn't be a IOA park it would be a magic kingdom with one major rollercoaster in each land ya know what I'm saying like all the disney rides plus a Disney twist on the rollercoaster. They proved they can do it very very very well with rock n rollercoaster. Again, I'm sorry I brought bickering about on this thread I guess not a good way to start out in the Forums.

It looks like we're all in agreement! WDW needs lots more good, well-themed rides of all different varieties that will appeal to a wide range of guests!! :sohappy:

Luau Cove

Originally posted by grizzlyhall

Are you sure the proper "relaxing" attraction is PIRATES? Let's see, hmmm... the city's on fire, they're boming you, we go down a waterfall, see dead skulls everywhere, and a drunkard aims a gun at everyone! Yep, pretty relaxing! :lol:

I think that Tiki Birds, CoP, CBJ, IASW, etc. would be the more relaxing type, that is, if you like this kind of attraction... :lol: I SURE DO!!!!

Actually I really enjoy sitting back and enjoying POTC for time number-who-knows, the little waterfall is a complement to the ride, but doesn't transform the attraction to a non-relaxing one. And the fachade is just what it is...I know you were bringing a comic relief to my post, but I clear the whole subject for maybe someone who wasn't aware.
-->LUAU

General Grizz

Good idea, let's use it as the basis for Disneyland's Third Theme Park! They are, after all, having the "best" attractions from all the parks (i.e. Test Track which they could redesign, etc)..

ChesireCat

Originally posted by grizzlyhall

Good idea, let's use it as the basis for Disneyland's Third Theme Park! They are, after all, having the "best" attractions from all the parks (i.e. Test Track which they could redesign, etc)..

That's great!:sohappy: :sohappy: Although I will NEVER stop going to WDW, California is MUCH closer to me (I live in Alaska) and a third park would give me a greater incentive to visit DL.

However, the last time I was at DL ('98) it didn't look to me like there was any room to build a third park. If I remember correctly DL was surounded by city. But then again it didn't look like they could build a second park either and they managed that. Oh well, maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

ToT is one of my favorite rides and I've heard they're bringing that to CA. This is the first I've heard of Test Track though. That would be great. Do you know of any other rides they are planning to bring from FL to CA?

If I had my way they'd bring the Indiana Jones ride from DL to WDW. That ride is the best!:D :D :king:

~sasha

NowInc

They are in fact already in opening design stages on a 3rd california park...it should be another 4 or 5 years until it breaks ground...

General Grizz

Originally posted by ChesireCat
...the last time I was at DL ('98) it didn't look to me like there was any room to build a third park...

ToT is one of my favorite rides and I've heard they're bringing that to CA. This is the first I've heard of Test Track though. That would be great. Do you know of any other rides they are planning to bring from FL to CA?

If I had my way they'd bring the Indiana Jones ride from DL to WDW. That ride is the best!:D :D :king:

~sasha

You may like this: http://www.thirdthemepark.com/
Disney has put up a website about their third park.

I have also heard ToT, but Test Track may, I was just guessing.

If Jones were coming to WDW, it couldn't be Adventureland. There's not that much room left - and after Aladdin, it shouldn't be any more crowded.

General Grizz

Originally posted by DogsRule!
it'll also have Dinosaur, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

POSSIBLY. These are not written in stone. They were just examples of popular attractions that could make it.

Remember - Pooh is replacing Country Bear Playhouse - so I don't think they'll make a duplicate a mile and a half away...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom