Roger Rabbit mini-land in the future for DHS

Is going to be a new Roger Rabbit mini land coming to DHS soon?

• Yes

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 171 91.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
With Roger Rabbit will make his comeback in live action Chip N' Dale movie in next month, I guess next year is Who Framed Roger Rabbit's 35th anniversary in D23 event starts as possible Roger Rabbit sequel may be coming for Disney+ or the theaters, as Disney's Hollywood Studios will announcing a new Roger Rabbit mini land (Maroon Studios and Toontown) is coming for the studios in the future if Disney and Amblin will have to deal with this.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
In a nutshell? No.
Maybe we can have some revival projects like this:

1649004703068.png

1649004716082.png

1649004733823.png

1649004781576.png

1649004820502.png

1649004930528.png

1649005124379.png

Ghost93

As much as I'd love it to happen, Disney has largely ignored Roger Rabbit since the early 1990s and I'd see no reason for that to change anytime soon. Maybe if they launched a successful Disney + series or movie and it did really well they would invest more in the character in the future, but as of right now I think we'd be lucky if they simply refurbished the existing Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin.

doctornick

I think that they just changed the ride in DL to make it more inclusive (but less representative of the movie) just further reflects that they don’t care about Roger Rabbit. In fact the Chip and Dale reference sounds like it’s basically intentionally labeling RR as old and not important anymore.

That said I think DHS would really benefit from a cartoon based Toontown. More centered on Mickey and friends but could incorporate other animated folks.

DisneyDean97

In a nutshell? No.
I can't imagine DHS is on deck for another big expansion (obviously it still needs more rides) but in my opinion, Animal Kingdom needs the most help. Magic Kingdom is getting TRON, and Epcot is still a dumpster fire but it is getting new junk so in Disney's mind they should be fine for the next decade as well. Animal Kingdom needs a new attraction boost, imo.

Magenta Panther

That Roger Rabbit was allowed to fade away is an indictment of both "Disney" and Spielberg. He's a great character that has both humor and heart. I'd love a Toontown in DHS that felt like Old Hollywood (when Hollywood had class) with toons - as long as they softened the Tex Avery influence and went more with Chuck Jones. But that again is yet another good idea today's "Disney" won't touch. Make way for more Star Wars, Marvel and probably Avatar crap. Gross.

Ghost93

That Roger Rabbit was allowed to fade away is an indictment of both "Disney" and Spielberg. He's a great character that has both humor and heart. I'd love a Toontown in DHS that felt like Old Hollywood (when Hollywood had class) with toons - as long as they softened the Tex Avery influence and went more with Chuck Jones. But that again is yet another good idea today's "Disney" won't touch. Make way for more Star Wars, Marvel and probably Avatar crap. Gross.
I like Star Wars, Marvel and Avatar but I agree it's a shame what happened to Roger. From what I understand he was EVERYWHERE from about 1988-1993. Had Disney and Spielberg gotten along we probably would have had one or two sequels, much more Roger Rabbit shorts, a bigger Roger Rabbit presence within the theme parks and probably more Roger Rabbit appearances throughout all of Disney media — House of Mouse, Kingdom Hearts, a Disney plus show, etc.

Unfortunately, due to issues with Spielberg Disney completely stopped promoting the character. While he's fondly remembered by Gen X and older Millennials I'm sure to Gen Z he's just as obscure as Brer Rabbit! And that's a shame. :(. He had the potential to join the ranks of Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Donald and Daisy as one of the core Disney characters.

Purduevian

I can't imagine DHS is on deck for another big expansion (obviously it still needs more rides) but in my opinion, Animal Kingdom needs the most help. Magic Kingdom is getting TRON, and Epcot is still a dumpster fire but it is getting new junk so in Disney's mind they should be fine for the next decade as well. Animal Kingdom needs a new attraction boost, imo.
I don't think DHS is on deck for an E ticket, but people are always complaining that DHS wait times are all super long, G+ sells out way too fast. Also DHS tends to sell out first because it has the lowest capacity of the 4.

My guess is Disney could add a ~$500 million land from animation courtyard to RnRC. This land would be modestly themed (maybe even to toon town). with 2 C ticket rides, a spinner, a quick service, and room for another few small rides.

DHS needs a fantasyland

Last edited:

TikibirdLand

One of the happiest memories of my childhood was getting to go to MGM Studios when they had all the Roger Rabbit stuff on the backlot tour. Plus MGM had that classic Hollywood theme everywhere else so it was basically like The Roger Rabbit theme park for awhile.
My kids loved that too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom