Roger Rabbit mini-land in the future for DHS

Is going to be a new Roger Rabbit mini land coming to DHS soon?

• Yes

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 171 91.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters

Bocabear

Disney needs to revitalize the "Hollywood" theme in the park too... Old Hollywood was a great theme and decades ago when they had a full staff of performers making it come alive it was brilliant...Now it is just a few show spots and the intimate performers are more or less gone... A Toontown proper area in the Animation Courtyars and behind would be a lovely way to bring some fun Old Hollywood and Roger Rabbit into the park...Toy Storyland is just not as engaging...

aladdin2007

Disney needs to revitalize the "Hollywood" theme in the park too... Old Hollywood was a great theme and decades ago when they had a full staff of performers making it come alive it was brilliant...Now it is just a few show spots and the intimate performers are more or less gone... A Toontown proper area in the Animation Courtyars and behind would be a lovely way to bring some fun Old Hollywood and Roger Rabbit into the park...Toy Storyland is just not as engaging...
agree with you all the way, but they have been you know what bent on doing away with it as much as possible. Im still lamenting the loss of writers stop and sids. what do we get in their places? beer, and or nothing. those are a different topic really I guess, but something other than that preschool stroller land takeover of animation courtyard needs to happen. we dont even have the art of disney anymore back there now either. and that was always nice too. heck the indiana jones store is no more either, so much has been lost with this park with little to no capacity additions.

MickeyMouse10

Love you man, but it's definitely not going to happen. Disney usually doesn't do Live Action stuff unless it's a part of a humungous franchise.

Plus Spielberg may make things tough, because of his part ownership.

Heppenheimer

One of the happiest memories of my childhood was getting to go to MGM Studios when they had all the Roger Rabbit stuff on the backlot tour. Plus MGM had that classic Hollywood theme everywhere else so it was basically like The Roger Rabbit theme park for awhile.
Yeah, when I saw this thread, my first thought was "They already had that". The last portion of the backlot tour was practically a Roger Rabbit mini-land. From what I remember, the trams passed that giant "Dip machine" as you went through the New York set, while Roger's ears poked up from inside a street car. After you exited the trams, the holding area while you waited for the walking portion of the tour was a replica of the warehouse in the movie's final scene. All the pervy dads wanted to pose with the wooden cut-out of Jessica Rabbit, while the kids played with the gag props.

Rambozo

Yeah, when I saw this thread, my first thought was "They already had that". The last portion of the backlot tour was practically a Roger Rabbit mini-land. From what I remember, the trams passed that giant "Dip machine" as you went through the New York set, while Roger's ears poked up from inside a street car. After you exited the trams, the holding area while you waited for the walking portion of the tour was a replica of the warehouse in the movie's final scene. All the pervy dads wanted to pose with the wooden cut-out of Jessica Rabbit, while the kids played with the gag props.

LOL, that didn't really count.

It was probably put there to tease the future project. Just like the billboard and the imprint of Roger on the window at Hollywood & Vine.

Bocabear

I'd actually love to have a Roger Rabbit section. It would make it different then the other parks.
Disneyland has ToonTown which is derived from Roger Rabbit....with other characters. So essentially a Roger Rabbit area.
DHS could do a larger, better version though with a couple real attractions and the Animation Courtyard area would be a perfect spot ...just off from the MMRR...a wonderful transition... right side of the park would be Animation IP...Left side of the park, adventure films and live action

pdude81

Would love something like that, but not happening. It would allow for all sorts of random characters to show up, including a robotic taxi vehicle like those in Cars land that drive around and take pictures with people.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I like Star Wars, Marvel and Avatar but I agree it's a shame what happened to Roger. From what I understand he was EVERYWHERE from about 1988-1993. Had Disney and Spielberg gotten along we probably would have had one or two sequels, much more Roger Rabbit shorts, a bigger Roger Rabbit presence within the theme parks and probably more Roger Rabbit appearances throughout all of Disney media — House of Mouse, Kingdom Hearts, a Disney plus show, etc.

Unfortunately, due to issues with Spielberg Disney completely stopped promoting the character. While he's fondly remembered by Gen X and older Millennials I'm sure to Gen Z he's just as obscure as Brer Rabbit! And that's a shame. :(. He had the potential to join the ranks of Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Donald and Daisy as one of the core Disney characters.
Yup, during the time period you mentioned (1988-1993-ish), Roger was essentially treated like a member of the Fab 5 in most of the marketing materials (Super 6, perhaps?). He was just a regular member of the gang for awhile. There was a shopping mall tour that Disney did and Roger was featured prominently in that as well (more so than Mickey as I remember). There was a parade (or maybe a pre-parade, I can't remember) that was all about him. He was also in the original version of SpectroMagic, but was later replaced by the Genie.

1649781579768.png
1649781612783.png
1649781546201.png

1649781672556.png

1649781784429.png

1649781829849.png

Dear Prudence

Yup, during the time period you mentioned (1988-1993-ish), Roger was essentially treated like a member of the Fab 5 in most of the marketing materials (Super 6, perhaps?). He was just a regular member of the gang for awhile. There was a shopping mall tour that Disney did and Roger was featured prominently in that as well (more so than Mickey as I remember). There was a parade (or maybe a pre-parade, I can't remember) that was all about him. He was also in the original version of SpectroMagic, but was later replaced by the Genie.

View attachment 632758View attachment 632759View attachment 632756
View attachment 632761
View attachment 632762
View attachment 632763
I *love* Roger. 😭 his relationship with Jessica is the sweetest, and I love seeing them in the "he said no pickles" memes. I miss him being in the core gang like this so much. This photo dump was a lone missile into my heart and tear ducts.

aladdin2007

View attachment 632758View attachment 632759View attachment 632756
View attachment 632761
View attachment 632762
View attachment 632763
Id give anything for our castle to look like that again.

EPCOTCenterLover

Sorry but not « Pervy Dads ». This Dad appreciated a smart and attractive female character. Period.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Essentially was going to be another Star Tours clone. The simulators would have been themed after the Red Car Trolley's and Roger was going to be the engineer taking control of the trolley.

View attachment 632972
Other version has another story for the ride that Gus the Bus who wanted to be a movie star as Benny tells him that Maroon Cartoons is filming a movie in Toontown, so Gus will take us a wild ride into Hollywood as we will follow Benny the Cab into Toontown tunnel then doing wrong things in Toontown which bumped into Roger Rabbit as he crashes into the bus ceiling, as we're almost being swallow by Monstro the Whale as Roger saving Jessica Rabbit from burning fireworks factory in downtown Toontown, as ended up with firework rocket crashes into the ceiling as launching up into the outer space and crashing back into the Earth as landing at Maroon Cartoons filming set in Toontown as Gus the Bus is a movie star now. Now I wonder what many Toon cameos will be in the simulator ride, I know Dumbo is in where Roger Rabbit crashes into the ceiling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom