Roger and Jessica Rabbit

Yenfid

Original Poster
I've read, here on WDWMagic boards, that the reason Roger Rabbit is not found in the park is because Disney does not Own him. Albim, (sp) Steven Spielberg does. If that is true then how can Disney sell stuff with Roger and Jessica. Pins, shirts, Harmony Kingdoms, WDCC, Toys, & DVD? In fact I've seen more Jessica than Roger items the last time I was at WDW in May. Plus Disney Auctions Pins have a lot of Jessica pins too.

Just wondering and a little confused. :veryconfu

As previously-stated by others at this forum, Roger, Jessica and all of their co-stars are jointly-owned by the Walt Disney Company and Amblin Entertainment.

Hopefully, when Eisner finally leaves the company, we'll start seeing more of them again...and be able to meet Roger in the parks again as well.

And I sure hope that the rumors of Jessica coming and Roger returning turn to be true. I also hope that they'll arrive in time for the "Happiest Homecomings on Earth" celebration in 2005.

DisneyDew

Unfortunately I have not been down to WDW in several yrs, but is there still that huge billboard with Jessica on it over by Hollywood & vine?

cm1988

DisneyDew said:
Unfortunately I have not been down to WDW in several yrs, but is there still that huge billboard with Jessica on it over by Hollywood & vine?
I think so. And I think that Roger still appears in SpectroMagic.

Also, the huge Jessica sign that once adorned a Pleasure Island gift shop (selling lingerie, among other items) is now at the West End of P.I.

I think that gift shop was replaced by the current games area, b.t.w.

I don't get to P.I. much anymore; kind of miss the great jazz performers like Jeff Kasawa.

Testtrack321

There are clauses in the contracts that prohibit some things and call for renewal after some time. This renewal also calls for new pricing schemes, and as such, Rodger and Jessica arn't seen in costume in the parks. From what I can infer, it looks that any static things created (like the billboards) when the contract was in effect can stay if it get voided, and when Jessica and Rodget Rabbit things are sold in the parks Disney and that other company will get the profits.

DizneeFanatic

I have a video from the early 90's produced by Disney. It was a tour of the Disneyland park hosted by Mickey, Goofy, ect. Anyway during one segment Roger Rabbit was shown dancing with park guests while a band played in Tomorrowland. So I guess Roger Rabbit was in the parks some ten years ago.

rogerrabbitfan9

DizneeFanatic said:
I have a video from the early 90's produced by Disney. It was a tour of the Disneyland park hosted by Mickey, Goofy, ect. Anyway during one segment Roger Rabbit was shown dancing with park guests while a band played in Tomorrowland. So I guess Roger Rabbit was in the parks some ten years ago.
Roger Rabbit was in the park in the early '90s also.

NADisney

When we went in April of this year to california - Roger was still at Disneyland in Mickey's Toontown,also in the daily Parade ( which is now over and getting ready for the 50th Disneyland parade).

LewZealand

The characters of Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit are in fact still owed by their creator Gark K. Wolf. However, their likenesses as they appear in the movie are owned jointly by Amblin and Disney. I would assume that the diaapearance of Roger in recent years is due to bad relations between Eisner and Speilberg. Not to mention Wolf's lawsuit against Disney for lost profits.

Yenfid

Original Poster
The last time I saw Roger Rabbit was in 1997. It was the 25th Anniversary of WDW and the Castle was a cake. :hurl:

Anyway, I saw Roger in EPCOT. He was on the back of a Double Decker Bus that came out of backstage by Mexico and went towards Future World for a Meet and Greet. i have a photo somewhere. So as of 1997 Roger was still in the park.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Roger is still in the parks, just harder to find. ;)

He's in Disneyland Resort more often, partly because he has a ride out there. :)

As far as in WDW, The Disney-MGM Studios was to have an entire land devoted to Roger and Friends. Not to mention that in the early 90s, the backlot tour was all about Roger in the area where you got off the tram and started to take the walking tour.

awalkinthepark

My husband would love to have a meet and greet with Jessica Rabbit...he could add that autograph to his collection of Ariel, Jasmine and Pocahontas...yes DH is a dirty bird.

Kevin7crash

Seen Roger last year!

Saw Roger Rabbit last year on Easter at Camp Minnie Mickey at Animal Kingdom! They had a meet and greet with all Disney Rabbits! Roger still lives on with Disney with his ride at Disneyland and he still gets special merchandise during his anniversary but Disney shares the rights with Amblin so we dont get to see him as mucha s we would like! :animwink:

Kevin7crash

Walt Disney World CM

Kevin7crash said:
Saw Roger Rabbit last year on Easter at Camp Minnie Mickey at Animal Kingdom! They had a meet and greet with all Disney Rabbits! Roger still lives on with Disney with his ride at Disneyland and he still gets special merchandise during his anniversary but Disney shares the rights with Amblin so we dont get to see him as mucha s we would like! :animwink:

Kevin7crash

Walt Disney World CM

Really? Will they do it again in Easter 2005?

I'll go to AK to see those Disney rabbits!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom