Rockwork has Started!

jt04

You know what they say about a room full of monkeys, typewriters and enough time. :shrug:

Oh yeah, the infamous Jungle Cruise "pre-furb" a couple years before the new movie was announced. Thanks for the reminder!

And the Monsters Inc bridge at the back of Pixar Place. I really took some heat for that one. Full disclosure, I found the info on another site and brought it here.

:cool:

jt04

You know what they say about a room full of monkeys, typewriters and enough time. :shrug:

Oh and the success of American Idol when the Doom and Gloomers were saying it would close within months.

I believe it is still open and although it has faded a bit it is still a crowd pleaser.

Mammymouse

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D2248CE74018ABDF

It's about the construction of Expedition Everest. Part 2 has a lot of detail about how the rock work was done.

I just watched the youtube in your link (thanks-lots of info) and with the Yeti being such a focus of the video it sure adds a lot of fuel to the "when is the Yeti going to be fixed?" thread fire. Lots of fuel. Like there would be no attraction without it (Yeti), and they want the guest to experience a good story and the story is important. Hopefully they can get Yeti fixed soon - he is such an awesome animatronic!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I just watched the youtube in your link (thanks-lots of info) and with the Yeti being such a focus of the video it sure adds a lot of fuel to the "when is the Yeti going to be fixed?" thread fire. Lots of fuel. Like there would be no attraction without it (Yeti), and they want the guest to experience a good story and the story is important. Hopefully they can get Yeti fixed soon - he is such an awesome animatronic!

Unfortunately, the STORY has taken back seat to the ROLLERCOASTER.

redfive13

Link?
I would be very surprised. I've heard nothing about such a thing...
It was scheduled to open late next summer....

Unless I misunderstood it. But here's the quote I was referring to:

Just so you know, though ... Disney's Hollywood Studios isn't the only WDW theme park that's slated to have a brand-new attraction up & running by the Fall of 2011. Magic Kingdom managers have just been informed that their park will also be receiving a significant new addition. A ride that will send that park's Guests "Under the Sea" to spend a little quality time with a certain Disney Princess. But that's a tail ... er ... tale for another time

And the link...

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...et-ready-for-wdw-s-monstrous-new-coaster.aspx

ToTBellHop

Just so you know, though ... Disney's Hollywood Studios isn't the only WDW theme park that's slated to have a brand-new attraction up & running by the Fall of 2011. Magic Kingdom managers have just been informed that their park will also be receiving a significant new addition. A ride that will send that park's Guests "Under the Sea" to spend a little quality time with a certain Disney Princess. But that's a tail ... er ... tale for another time

And the link...

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...et-ready-for-wdw-s-monstrous-new-coaster.aspx

Interesting. But, I truly despise Jim Hill's writing style. Why for? It is almost painful to read.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That article is almost three years old. I think it's fair to assume the situation has changed since its writing.....

RSoxNo1

Excuse me :wave:

I theorized after the Legoland announcement that Disney would find it in their interest to open this and beast as soon as possible. Remember when I claimed Legoland was a bigger threat to the MK receipts than Potter and got flamed for it?

On top of that, I also predicted even before Legoland (when the mermaid clone was announced) that the MK version would dovetail with the construction of the DCA version. In other words as a phase completed at DCA that same phase would start at the MK for logistical/financial reasons. The Mk version started roughly 6 months after the DCA version. If I am right then the MK version will open about (barring unforseen circumstances) 6 months after the DCA opening. So yeah, late 2011. Possibly even October 1st. The MK's 40th and the day Legoland opens.

PS- keep in mind Disney probably knew about Legoland long before it was announced publicly. Just saying.

And no, I won't find it for anyone. There are some here who evidently catalog everything I write so I am sure they have my prediction handy. Funny how they never congradulate me on what I get right.:lol: They only remind me of what I get wrong. Odd :shrug:

No, no accolades. Just honesty instead of lies from my critics. I have proven I will admit when I get it wrong (the FLE is not finished yet :lol:) but I'd rather people say nothing than lie about what I write.

That is not asking much.

I'm not sure you register on enough people's radar to have critics. You've connected Little Mermaid to Legoland with less logic than Glenn Beck, and you've done so without actually saying or proving anything.

And the link...

Yeah, as another poster has said, that article is several years old - but this would be another instance of Jim Hill having good information despite what his actual critics say about him.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yeah, as another poster has said, that article is several years old - but this would be another instance of Jim Hill having good information despite what his actual critics say about him.

I didn't mean to insinuate he was off-base or to be critical of JHM. Believe me, I would love to see what he detailed come to fruition. I just think the circumstances around these projects may have changed over the past (almost) three years....

skimbob

I wouldn't be surprised if TLM in MK opened in 2011. We just got our clam shell ride vehicles here in DCA and the ride here opens in June. Good Luck :)

Lee

Adventurer
I believe Jim's information was fairly accurate at the time he wrote it.

However, things have certainly changed (a whole expansion instead of just TLM).

I stand by the internal timeline I have that has Mermaid and Beast opening in the 1st quarter of fiscal 2013.
Things may change, of course, but I am unaware that it has at this point.

Disney Rocks

I believe Jim's information was fairly accurate at the time he wrote it.

However, things have certainly changed (a whole expansion instead of just TLM).

I stand by the internal timeline I have that has Mermaid and Beast opening in the 1st quarter of fiscal 2013.
Things may change, of course, but I am unaware that it has at this point.
Fiscal 2013 for Disney is around Fall 2012, right?

S

stphnbogert

lee...isn't the seven dwarfs mine ride outer/scenery suppose to be done with batb and lm open in the 1st quarter of fiscal 2013?

yeti

No, no accolades. Just honesty instead of lies from my critics. I have proven I will admit when I get it wrong (the FLE is not finished yet :lol:) but I'd rather people say nothing than lie about what I write.

That is not asking much.

I'm curious...do you consider yourself bi-winning?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom