Rock'n'Rollercoaster refurb official

disneydata

This is not a last-minute rush job rehab. It has been in the works since BEFORE the last rehab in the beginning of the year. The only reason I can think of for putting off announcing it is budget issues, possibly contract issues with the construction team, or schedules of the Imagineers on the project team were not confirmed yet.

I'll say it again - the launch system is fine and not going over a major overhaul. Yes, they will be doing regular preventative maintenance, but nothing that doesn't get done every few months. If they were going to work on the launch system, this rehab would be much longer.

aeromike

I'm sure this was posted, but all I can find is speculation on the dates (apologies if it already was)

disneyworld.com officially lists Rock'n'Rollercoaster down for refurbishment from September 4th to October 4th

WHAT!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: RRC is my fave ride, and i'm goin 20th september - 4th october! :mad: :mad: and why will it take that long??

RSoxNo1

The one thing I really like about the Magic Your Way Tickets is that in the event you're in WDW during a series of rehabs, you don't feel obligated to to use all of your days. Once you get to the 4th day of an expiring ticket, you're literally paying a dollar a day for those extra days. You can then go to Sea World, Universal or elsewhere and not worry about wasting an $80 park admission to Disney if you choose to go elsewhere.

Scooter

The line for Tower of Terror is going to be awful.:brick:

I'm surprised people are so upset about RRC being refurbed.
Sept and October have almost always been rehab months.
Thats why room rates are cheaper duiring these times.
I remember one trip in October years ago when Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain. Small World, Space Mountain, and Pirates were ALL shut down at the same time.

Imagine the complaints if this many attractions were shut down during The Peak periods of Summer. :cry:

Unfortunately, all attractions need repairs eventually and isn't it best to do them when the park attendance is at a lower level?

As far as the short notice, I personally don't know where Disney draws the line, but a month seems fair to me. Most people I know plan their Disney vacations a year in advance so there's bound to be people dissapointed about something being shut down for refurbs.

There's lots to do in Walt Disney World, enjoy what's open and don't let the closures ruin your experiance.:animwink:

CrackerJack

Depending on what age your kids are (assuming you have kids since you're stopping at a water park), another nice stop is the Sci Fi Dine-In Theater.

Thanks for the info. We already have rezzies for Sci-Fi and am looking forward to it. We have done Brown Derby and Mama Melrose's but this will be our first stop at Sci-Fi.

btw, I am not in the least bit upset that RnRC will be closed. I'm going to be at DisneyWorld in less than a month :sohappy: There is SO MUCH to do that the refurb of a ride or two would never make my experience less than absolutely enjoyable :)

And we do not have children -- I just love water parks.

Humunga Kowabunga !!!!!!!

Lucky

The one thing I really like about the Magic Your Way Tickets is that in the event you're in WDW during a series of rehabs, you don't feel obligated to to use all of your days. Once you get to the 4th day of an expiring ticket, you're literally paying a dollar a day for those extra days. You can then go to Sea World, Universal or elsewhere and not worry about wasting an $80 park admission to Disney if you choose to go elsewhere.
OK, but the way I look at that is I could spend $70 taking a day off to go to Universal or SW, or I could spend another day at WDW for nothing. Magic Your Way has been extremely effective in keeping me on Disney property.

aeromike

The line for Tower of Terror is going to awful.:brick:

I'm surprised people are so upset about RRC being refurbed.
Sept and October have almost always been rehab months.
Thats why room rates are cheaper duiring these times.
I remember one trip in October years ago when Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain. Small World, Space Mountain, and Pirates were ALL shut down at the same time.

Imagine the complaints if this many attractions were shut down during The Peak periods of Summer. :cry:

Unfortunately, all attractions need repairs eventually and isn't it best to do them when the park attendance is at a lower level?

As far as the short notice, I personally don't know where Disney draws the line, but a month seems fair to me. Most people I know plan their Disney vacations a year in advance so there's bound to be people dissapointed about something being shut down for refurbs.

There's lots to do in Walt Disney World, enjoy what's open and don't let the closures ruin your experiance.:animwink:

Why didn;t they refub RRC when it went under refurbishment in february?? I guess thats why some people like me are a bit upset. lol

Peterwhite171

The line for Tower of Terror is going to awful.:brick:

Wow, thats really bad. Not allot to do in the MK then!

ToTBellHop

Why didn;t they refub RRC when it went under refurbishment in february?? I guess thats why some people like me are a bit upset. lol
because then they would have been extending its refurb into March--Spring Break season. If the choice is b/t closing the ride during Spring Break season versus September, the choice is clear. Plus there are always budget issues.

newfanatic

I am bummed because we did not ride it 2 years ago as my daughter was too young, and were looking forward to it this time. That said, I am still thrilled that we got free dining, and my first reaction when I read about the refurb on these boards a while ago was "Oh well, I guess we will have to go back again in a couple of years so we can ride RNR and SSE." Not that big of deal, would never think of changing my vacation. Instead, I am thinking about where I would like to stay when I go back in 2009!:) I think it did help to have the advance notice here, and I kept checking the Disney site for confirmation. I guess they could have been a little more timely in that. I don't mind that there are a couple of attractions down if it means less crowds!

rocker

Since I had no desire to do it last time I was there, I won't be too unhappy about it being closed this time, either. Any chance they'll remove Aerosmith during the refurb and put in a band that doesn't sound like cats being tortured?

Dude i love aerosmith they are the reason i love rock.
if they pull them from the ride that would be the worst move disney would ever make

aeromike

^ I agree. Without aerosmith the rrc wud b nothing. that ride changed my life.I was the first roller coaster I went on, after that I started to love roller coaster instead of being afraid, and Aerosmith was the first rock band I liked. Rock'n' roller coaster + aerosmith= one hell of a legendary ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom