Rock n' Roller Coaster

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So you're saying that even the billboards would be taken down within 2 days along with everything else? Does Disney own their billboards or are they rented? If they are rented its gonna be hard to guarantee that they will be changed that quick.
Where is this info coming from? Operating procedure guide? Rumour?

CoffeeJedi

WDWBro said:
That's right, all references to the band, everything, could be taken down in about 24 hours, and the pre-show and music would be replaced by a made-up band. Pretty cool, huh?

while i have no doubt that a contingency plan is in place... do you know if they already filmed a replacement?

how would you like to be that bunch of actors? "dude! Disney filmed me for the Rock n' Roller Coaster! Now i just have to wait for Steven Tyler to kill someone.........."

dandaman

CoffeeJedi said:
how would you like to be that bunch of actors? "dude! Disney filmed me for the Rock n' Roller Coaster! Now i just have to wait for Steven Tyler to kill someone.........."

I'm not sure that, if they taped me, I wouldn't say the same. :lookaroun

zone15int

WDWBro said:
I believe they have filmed a made-up band for the pre-show video (according to my sources) that they would put in.

If this is the case, what about the on board audio??? Public domain rock songs instead??

unkadug

zone15int said:
If this is the case, what about the on board audio??? Public domain rock songs instead??

I don't think that any rock song has been around long enough to be in the public domain.

They would still have to pay royalties to someone, even if it wasn't the original artist performing the song.

Woody13

unkadug said:
I don't think that any rock song has been around long enough to be in the public domain.

They would still have to pay royalties to someone, even if it wasn't the original artist performing the song.
Yeah, but it's chump change.

boo52

zone15int said:
Disney has a blanket ASCAP & BMI agreement. They pay a set royalty fee every year and use whatever songs whenever as long as it's not for resale. This blanket agreement only covers BGM, show audio, ride audio, etc.

BicycleMark

macsmom said:
Actually, I think Aerosmith IS a band. Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, etc., ARE members of the band.

macsmom is correct - I guess that is one of the few differences between British and American english :) ( My wife is an editor)

unkadug

Grammar police to the rescue !! :lol: :lol: (not really)

I guess it all depends on who or what the band named themselves after.

If they had named themselves after themselves (i.e.The New Kids on the Block) or other things consisting of more than one item (The Black Eyed Peas), then they would be plural and as such be "...are a band"

If they had named themselves after a single person, place or thing etc.(Chicago) or an un-defined number (i.e. Matchbox 20) then they would be singular and as such would be "...is a band."

So the question is what is an Aerosmith ??

Tim G

boo52 said:
Disney has a blanket ASCAP & BMI agreement. They pay a set royalty fee every year and use whatever songs whenever as long as it's not for resale. This blanket agreement only covers BGM, show audio, ride audio, etc.
Like every US Theme/Attraction Park has... :D

Tim G

unkadug said:
So the question is what is an Aerosmith ??

You're saying you don't know that??

An aerosmith.... That tiny creature... you know... the blue one... with 8 legs... YEP!! that's the one...

Or am i seeing things... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom