Should I go on RnRc

• Yes

Votes: 127 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
I'm just wondering, do you think I should go on RnRC, I'm not sure. I've never been on a roller coaster before, but I'm for sure going on BTMR and possibly Space Mountain.
I am really a big chicken when it comes to rides, but I kinda want to try it. Do you think I'd like it?

Maria

Go for it!
I´m not a big fan of rollercoasters and thrill rides and this was my first one -and I think last one- and I loved it! I would go to the Studios just to ride that one and ToT sometimes. :animwink:

Of course, I also like BTMR and Splash Mountain, but those are not "rollercoasters" for me. RnRC is great and it will be over before you even notice and you will be going out to get in line again! :animwink:

TestTrackTom

space mountain is overall faster, and more jerky, and more in the dark

but RnRC is smoother, has a pumpin soundtrack, 0-60 in 2.8 seconds:lol: (when you are in line you will see the people screaming when it takes off)

you go right into a loop after the acceleration, but you most likely wont notice it much

surfsupdon

RnRC is one of the best beginner rollercoasters but offers a very awesome rush. It is nowhere near scary, just exhilarating and
F-U-N! Nothing scary here; each time I ride I always pull up to the end laughing because it is such a creative fun ride. YOU better go on this ride!!

WDWspider

I am a big Coaster enthusiast and I have to say I totally disagree with everyone. I think RnR is a next level coaster. I would suggest Big Thunder Mountain first. RnR is relatively tame, but it does loop and does have a very intemidating launch system. So although it's not that scary, it is not what I would consider a beginner coaster. However, you may find that you like it all the same. :)

Brett

You gotta try it, it's an easy coaster!!! Plus, you'll regret it later. My "chicken" friend didn't ride it upon our last trip and can't believe she didn't ride it.

wannabeBelle

OK from a former Coaster chicken to another...RNRC is seriously one of my favorite rides in all of WDW. However some words about that as compared to all the others mentioned.
Space Mountain is a cat and mouse type coaster. It is a smaller track and if done with the lights on would be no big deal. Top speed is about 28 mph and even with the dark, it is not a terrifying ride. Although because of the tight turns and dips you will get bounced around a bit.
BTMRR I dig!!! I like the ride a lot, it is a very well themed coaster. It is also one of the longer ones in WDW I think. Try to sit up front if you dont want to be bounced around.
RNRC is in a class all by itself in that it is a Looping coaster. Definitely go thru the preshow regardless of your final decision to ride or not. There is a chicken exit after that right as you see the first CM there is a door leading to the exit there, just in case. If you decide to ride get into the car, and pull the overhead restraint as tight as you can possibly get it onto your body. This wont allow you much room to move once the coaster goes upside down. Also be sure to keep your neck and head back in the headrest and relax all your neck muscles. This will prevent any neck strain. Dont wear post type earrings as your head will be hitting the head rests and could be uncomfortable. Take off is a bit tough but only because of the speed involved. Try to look cool for the first like 30 seconds until you see the flash bulbs on the entrance way into the ride (They are taking your picture for possible purchase after the ride) After that you will experience one of the better coasters I have ever been on. It is smoothand comfortable ride. It also is incredibly short at like 1 1/2 minutes long. Friends of mine who sometimes cant even do BTMRR and dont even attempt Space Mountain, will do this ride because it is so smooth. Best of luck and I want to hear about your first ride!!! Belle

Maria

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Let me put it this way -

I'm pretty much a coaster wuss and I love RnRC :)

Gotta love the soundtrack! :sohappy:

Same here! ...and I think that the soundtrack does help to release the tension! :animwink:

dimshady81

You can't go without experiencing this ride. This is one of the best rides I've ever been on! It's not really that bad, when you think of rollercoasters you think of bumpy fast rides. This ride is so smooth you won't believe it when you get off. Besides it's not gonna kill you and you only live once. There are little kids in line for it, if they can make it so can you!

Good Luck and Enjoy, you won't regret it!!!:D

Steamboat_Kevin

Original Poster
Okay, thanks everyone :)
I THINK I might go on it! Weeee!
I know I'd be happy with myself if I did, and I definitely will go on BTMR but maybe not Space Mountain because I hate jerky rides, they make me sick :hurl:

CAPTAIN HOOK

I can't believe that anyone has doubts about doing RNR (except my wife, my youngest daughter,.......................:lol: :lol: )

SewIn2Disney

RnRC was my first Roller Coaster ever and I'm proud to say I loved every moment of it! Just pay attenetion to the scenery (if you can keep your eyes open) and you won't even realize you're on a roller coaster. Another big plus is that there is no major drop which intimidates many people. Give it a go! (and then report back!)

Mr. Toad

I generally hate rollercoasters. I do not like that feeling in my stomach when you go down a big drop. I remember when they were building RnRC I saw the partially built track and said no way will I ever go on that thing.

However, last May my wife convinced me to go on RnRC at the very end of our last day in WDW. I do like speed so I figured it would be worth it to try the launch even if the rest of the coaster killed me.

I loved it so much I stopped at the front desk of the hotel when we got back and extended our stay another day just so we could go back the next day and ride it again (3 times actually). This is one of the best rides anywhere. And I never had that falling feeling at all on the ride. I can't wait to go back on it in June.

Definately give it a try.

CaptChris

RNR Coaster

In August of 2001, I took a group of 15 youth from my church to WDW. One girl was terrified of any ride that was fast, high, you name it, she went on RNR mostly due to the Aerosmith theming. After riding the coaster, her response to me was, "that's great, let's go on it again!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom