Should I go on RnRc

• Yes

Votes: 127 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters

nikimsu2002

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
I'm just wondering, do you think I should go on RnRC, I'm not sure. I've never been on a roller coaster before, but I'm for sure going on BTMR and possibly Space Mountain.
I am really a big chicken when it comes to rides, but I kinda want to try it. Do you think I'd like it?

I'm exactly like you. Don't like those kind of rides and had never really been on a roller coaster before. My best friend dragged me on that one when we went there. It was my first real experience on a roller coaster and I thought it was ok. It wasn't my favorite experience but I'm glad I went on it. I then went on BTMR and Space Mountain and BTM is my new favorite ride at WDW.

EchoOfOphelia

Rock N' Roller coaster is what I like to a call a "fun" coaster, not a "scary" coaster. It doesn't go upside down, there are no barrell rolls or corkscrews. It's really just a fun ride. If you're not sure, go on Space Mountain first, its more calm than RNR is. And if you like Space, then for sure go on RNR.

Go for it! :sohappy:

Justin

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
Rock N' Roller coaster is what I like to a call a "fun" coaster, not a "scary" coaster. It doesn't go upside down, there are no barrell rolls or corkscrews. It's really just a fun ride. If you're not sure, go on Space Mountain first, its more calm than RNR is. And if you like Space, then for sure go on RNR.

Go for it! :sohappy:

I dunno if you were being sarcastic or not lol..... but RnRc has 3inversions, A 100ft sea serpent (two loops converted together with weightlessness rolls at the top) and a super stretched 'barroll roll' or 'corkscrew'......... :rolleyes:

Justin

Ride it

if your going to go to Magic Kingdom first ride BTMR or Space Mountain first, But there is really nothing to RnRc.

Its a pretty fun ride, and it will keep you at it for more once you get off.... If you dont ride it, its like turning down a million dollar check that someone gives to you man!

Ride it, youll love it, and its not as bad as it looks/sounds...
Its alot of fun!! :)

WDWspider

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
Hmm... maybe it does go upside down! :lol: I don't remember!

Yes, it does, but you bring up a good point. With the ride as smooth as it is and in the dark you really don't notice it that much.

TestTrackTom

the soundtrack is good enough and the scenery you can look at if you get scared:lol:

but you will enjoy it a lot.

HEY DIDDLE DIDDLE PUT THE KITTY IN THE MIDDLE

AND SWING IT LIKE YA JUST DON'T CARE:sohappy:

CrisKennedy

Life is too short...Give it a try...You never know you may like it...I use to be terrified of roller coaster that go upside-down and would never go them as a kid...I went on my first one in college and love it...Now they're on the top of my to do list when I go to theme parks.

WDWKing

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
I'm just wondering, do you think I should go on RnRC, I'm not sure. I've never been on a roller coaster before, but I'm for sure going on BTMR and possibly Space Mountain.
I am really a big chicken when it comes to rides, but I kinda want to try it. Do you think I'd like it?

I too am alot like you (I feel like Dr. Seuss), this thread is helping me alot in prepping for my next trip.

celticdog

RNRC is one of the best linear-induction roller coasters out there. Its start-off is so clean and smooth, no clanking chain. Its such a great ride, it may even turn you into a roller coaster enthusiast.

goofyfan13

A must do coaster! It'll look really intimidating to first time riders with the launch but just ignore it, it's not nearly as bad as it looks. (Plus the launch will be nothing when Cedar Point opens up they're new coaster this year! 0-120 mph in less than 4 seconds!) But anyway, I highly suggest it, probobly one of the most fun coasters i have been on but probobly one of the least intense.

Dizknee_Phreek

well, i would advice going on BTM first just to see if you can handle roller coasters. (maybe even Barnstormer first...that was my first coaster...i was terrified of them before then) if jerky rides make you sick, then i'd say it may be good that you skip SM...i'm pretty good at handling things like that, but the jerkiness takes the breath outta me every time! it's fun though! RnRC is by far the smoothest coaster! i rode it for the first time last Nov (i was terrified of going upside down) but it wasn't bad at all! you're strapped down really well, and you can only tell you're going upside down because your head moves around a little bit (with me that's how it was anyway...my sister claims she's never been able to tell when she's going upside down, but this past time she could) plus i could see stuff moving around some. keep your eyes open through the whole thing! it's awesome! you can't see much, but it's still cool. not to mention the music friggin rocks! good luck and have fun!

SweetDisneyBaby

My first time at Disney, I chickened out on RNRC......I even went out the chicken door the first round...But when my cousin came out and told me it was awesome...well, of course I had to try it! lol.
I was sooooooooooo scared, but I couldn't stop laughing when I came off of it. I thought it was really cool. And I'm the type that loves loud music, so the music will definitely take your mind off of it....I never knew I went upside down....Reading the caution signs about loops and stuff and seeing that picture that someone posted earlier (!!:eek: !!) intimidates you, but you have to give it a try, at least once...the ride doesn't last forever, so you'll be ok! Good luck and have fun!

PS. Just think 'I'm in DISNEY WORLD!' while you're riding it...lol...just knowing that makes it all better for me....and knowing its not some clanking six flags coaster out in the open (Those, I dont do!)

Bye bye :wave:

What exactly does the launch feel like on this ride? Is it like the part in test track where you do the ABS break testing? or is it more like Mission: Space where you get pushed back in your seat?

jr06compmaster

can't really compare it to either of those, but the launch is pretty fast, but fun. this was my first roller coaster that went upside down and it truely is a great beginner coaster ( of course do SM and BTMR first, if you consider those true roller coasters.) I disagree with previous posts that the front offers the smoothest ride. When i went in february, i rode up front for the very first time and had my head banged around more than i ever have on any other roller coaster. My ride in the middle sections was much smoother.

awallaceunc

I posted a thread asking this same question a year or two ago, and I took everyone's advice and rode the ride. I can tell you that I'm glad I did it! I'm a rollercoaster chicken (and at the time rookie) too. I still haven't done Tower of Terror or anything more extreme like the Hulk, but Rock n Rollercoaster is one of my favorite rides at Disney... and not just because I'm a huge Aerosmith fan. I suggest starting with Big Thunder, Space, and then Splash to build yourself up and then head to Rock n Rollercoaster. Have fun! :)

-Aaron

jr06compmaster

once you do RnR you can do about anything but it really is a gradual process. Definately best to try the smaller ones first. And in regards to the last post, you realize that rides like the hulk are really not even as bad as RnR, so it really opens a whole new world of coasters to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom