Rock n Roller Coaster refurb--has the inevitable arrived?

Unplugged

It's not possible to relate Lady Gaga -> Madonna -> Elvis. Part of the marketing and selling out of current artists is based on the technologies available. How could Elvis have sold out such shows so fast when people had to handle the sales manually or with limited digital transactions?

The only way to compare such artists is by their impact to the music industry. There are always popular artists like Gaga, but if you look at the long term, which you can't see yet, I doubt Lady Gaga will ever be as franchisable as Elvis.

..and back on the RnRC topic, Disney has been working diligently to balance the boy/girl issue. Look at the most recent renaming of movies in development as well as the addition to MK Fantasyland. Animations like "Princess and the Frog" weren't attracting enough boys so Rapunzel became Tangled. MK had too many boy-centric attractions so build-out the princess options in Fantasyland. This effort alone shows that rebranding an audience neutral attraction like RnRC that appeals to large audiences to a young female centric audience would be detrimental to filling ride capacity and won't happen.

Krack

Nope, I stand by that. Name one single artist since Elvis who has made such an impact in such a small amount of time. A few weeks ago she sold out 4 nights at MSG in less that 5 minutes. Thats nearly 100,000 people. Not even Madonna can do that.

These guys are right, you're digging your own grave and making it deeper by the comment. Every two years there's a new "phenom" in music - some stick around forever (Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, U2, Aerosmith) and some flame out (Men at Work, New Kids on the Block, Coldplay, the Killers, Spice Girls, etc). I hate to break it to you, Lady Gaga's gonna wind up in the second category; when you get into your thirties, you can't always spot the ones that will wind up in the first category, but it's a lot easier to tell when someone's destined for category 2.

It's usually easiest to tell by watching them perform live.

sorcerergoofy

These guys are right, you're digging your own grave and making it deeper by the comment. Every two years there's a new "phenom" in music - some stick around forever (Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, U2, Aerosmith) and some flame out (Men at Work, New Kids on the Block, Coldplay, the Killers, Spice Girls, etc). I hate to break it to you, Lady Gaga's gonna wind up in the second category; when you get into your thirties, you can't always spot the ones that will wind up in the first category, but it's a lot easier to tell when someone's destined for category 2.

It's usually easiest to tell by watching them perform live.

I've seen her live 2 times. I have also seen U2, Aerosmith, Springsteen, Celine, Madonna, Streisand, Elton, and many other legends live. Other than maybe Streisand, GaGa is one of the most amazing live performers on this planet. You really shouldn't judge until you have seen it for yourself.

MAF

The name of the ride is "Rock N Roll"er coaster. How does that not equate to rock music? BTW Lady Trannylicious is garbage...

Testtrack321

She is probably the biggest phenomenon since Elvis.

The Beatles

Michael Jackson

We get it, you like Lady Gaga, she's pretty good. But you're 19, there hasn't been a major, huge pop idol since the early 90s. I hate to be "that guy" but you're a youngin. I'm not much older, but I know that there have been bigger pop idols and sensations since Elvis. That's just a stupid statement.

sorcerergoofy

The Beatles

Michael Jackson

We get it, you like Lady Gaga, she's pretty good. But you're 19, there hasn't been a major, huge pop idol since the early 90s. I hate to be "that guy" but you're a youngin. I'm not much older, but I know that there have been bigger pop idols and sensations since Elvis. That's just a stupid statement.

I am not including the Beatles since they are a band, and as for Michael, yes he is huge, I didn't mean to say that she was the SINGLE biggest thing since then, I was just trying to imply that she is the biggest thing to happen in a while.

No need to call my opinions stupid.

I don't understand how you can think a ride called "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster" wouldn't need a rock band to replace Aerosmith. Rock is in the title of the ride!

Here's the thing, they can change the name of the ride. Not that hard. I'm not against having a rock band there, I just simply stated who I would like to see there.

sorcerergoofy

Oh give me a break. Dressing up in outrageous outfits for attention and lip-synching cheesy pop songs about getting drunk is not art. Thanks for playing though...

Have you ever seen her live in person? If not, then you need to shut up. I have been on the front row at one of her shows, and I can tell you now that she does not lip synch. Don't speak unless you know the facts.

I would hardly call any of her "music" (and I use that term very, very loosely) art. :rolleyes::hammer::hurl::hurl::hurl:

Really? When did music lose it's title as one of the arts?

Slipknot

Who are you to decide what is and isn't art?

I'm me that last time I checked. And I say what she does is not art. It's obviously an opinion of mine but you are way too defensive when it comes to her and I will end this conversation now. My only hope is when you are my age, you realize how obnoxious she really is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom