Rock 'N' Roller Coaster...now presented by Hanes!

Tom Morrow

I also think that having "$ponsored By:" added on to attraction names (with the exception of Epcot, obviously) and signs is tacky and takes away from the experience.

I mean, if they were ever to have Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror sponsored by anything, that would be so ridiculously lame.

At the very least, I wish it was a company that "fits" the theme a little more. Like, something to do with music. But I guess it doesn't matter if Hanes is willing to pay.

psuchad

You guys are looking at this wrong. Maybe they are changing the band to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Hanes is providing socks.

But seriously, I don't know why you are jumping on the underwear theme here. Hanes makes a lot of products, t-shirts being one of them. I think this is a perfect fit. RNRC is themed as a concert. I can see actors coming out from time to time throwing various t-shirts into the line just like some bands do before concerts.

CrashNet

I can see the commercials now...

Michael Jordan, Matthew Perry, Kevin Bacon and Steven Tyler all playing pool. In their underwear.

Look who we've got our Hanes on now!

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Actually, if you had said Mickey and Minnie I would have REALLY laughed. :lol:

Sounds good though. Sponsors bring highly maintained, nice looking attractions.

Tom Morrow

You guys are looking at this wrong. Maybe they are changing the band to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Hanes is providing socks.

But seriously, I don't know why you are jumping on the underwear theme here. Hanes makes a lot of products, t-shirts being one of them. I think this is a perfect fit. RNRC is themed as a concert. I can see actors coming out from time to time throwing various t-shirts into the line just like some bands do before concerts.
I think you're stretching a bit to find a tie between underwear and t-shirts and rock music.

TOTGuy

Who knows, maybe Disney just made an agreement that will be Rockin' Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith

Presented by Hanes
LOL

Besides it doesn't really have a major spiel so it won't be like "On behalf of Hanes we'd like to thank you for riding Rockin' RollerCoaster Starring Aerosmith. Please gather all of your personal belongings and exit to your right. Thank-you and enjoy the rest of your day here at the Disney Hollywood Studios!<--(Still weird to me)"

askmike1

I also think that having "$ponsored By:" added on to attraction names (with the exception of Epcot, obviously) and signs is tacky and takes away from the experience.

I mean, if they were ever to have Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror sponsored by anything, that would be so ridiculously lame.
Why should Epcot get any different treatment? Sponsors have been present in all the parks ever since DL opened in 1955. Just to name a few, Coca Cola sponsors the GMR (and is featured resort-wide), Lights Motors Action is sponsored by Brawny, the TTA is sponsored by Alamo, Space Mountain used to be sponsored by FedEx, CoP used to be sponsored by GE, DL's Tiki Room is sponsored by Dole, half of Dinoland (including Dinosaur and Boneyard) is sponsored by McDonalds, DL's Innoventions is made up of all sponsored sections, DL's Autopia is presented by Chevron, DL's Gadget Go Coaster is sponsored by Sparkle, DL's HIStA is sponsored by Kodak (which is also featured resort-wide), DL's Main Street Vehicles are sponsored by National Car Rental, DCA's Mulholland Madness is sponsored by Alamo, The Bakery Tour is presented by Boundin Bakery, the Mission Tortilla Factory is sponsored by Mission Foods, SS Rustworthy is sponsored by McDonalds, the Electrical Parade is presented by Sylvania (along with the Parade of Dreams), Honda presents Remember... and I'm sure I missed a few. I mean DL as a whole was basically sponsored by ABC when Walt created it.

At the very least, I wish it was a company that "fits" the theme a little more. Like, something to do with music. But I guess it doesn't matter if Hanes is willing to pay.
I would be willing to bet that RNRC will feature the Champion brand instead of Hanes in general.

Why do a lot of people always get all upset over corporate sponsers at the Disney Parks when there walking into the worlds largest commercial. If you dont want to see corporate sponsers.... go to...ummmmmmm, move to...ummmmmm...visit...ummmmmm...just get over it and enjoy the parks.

askmike1

rnrchanesux5.gif
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom