Rock and Roller Coaster-Who Should People Rock To?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Ok, Now I know it may be strange that I post this considering the ride is not my fave, but seeing that there is a rumor out there that Aerosmith maybe out sooner than later, I was curious who people would like to see as the new featured act.

My preference would be that they have no featured act and instead have different decades of music featured on different hours or nights. How cool would it be if from say 12PM to 2PM it was 70's rock. From 2PM to 4PM they went with new wave, and they had different bands and songs for each ride. It would make each ride a little different, and remind me of the old spinner rides at carnivals and boardwalks where they played different rock music everytime.

Since1976

SCORIN' starring JOHN WILLIAMS. Follow the legendary maestro on a whirlwind limo ride to the Hollywood Bowl. Each car plays a different theme song composed by Mr. Williams.

:ROFLOL:

CAPTAIN HOOK

There are many good bands / musicians out there BUT as the ride as we all know it features Aerosmith :cool: it just ain't going to be the same with anyone else blasting out of the speakers. "Ain't that a "

slappy magoo

Same discussion happening over hee-yah.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=361850&page=11

My argument was to not have a high-profile act at all. Set up a comic preshow about either a struggling band who just got "the call" for a big break kind of gig, IF they can get to the gig on time, which gives the ride a sense of comic urgency. OR if they want to make it really funny, use the guys from Spinal Tap. Maybe they think they're being given an award, so they're rushing across town to make it to the award ceremony, only to find out their agent got them jobs in the house band (or as seat fillers). The preshow could have them being interviewed by Martin diBergi about the album they're in the process of recording when they get the call, and we're ostensibly in diBergi's car trying to catch up to the band, who warn us of oncoming traffic or obstacles along the way.

Either way, WDW doesn't run the risk of picking either an act who is a few months away from retirement or death, OR a flash in the pan act that might not even be popular anymore by the time the ride re-opens. It's set up almost like a chase scene in a movie (since it is Disney's Hollywood Studios after all), and injects some much-needed humor in the preshow of a ride that takes itself almost comically serious, too-cool-for Disney, yet still absolutely Disney. It's currently about as annoying as when they draw Mickey as a typical kid of whatever decade it currently is, like when drawings from Mickey in the 80s would have him wearing pastels, sporting sunglasses and a Walkman. yeesh.

JCtheparrothead

I think that different music from different decades would be great but there is a lot of licensing that would have to happen for that...Maybe they could take all the failures from American Idol and turn it into a Hardly Rock n Roll Coaster.

Philo

Same discussion happening over hee-yah.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=361850&page=11

My argument was to not have a high-profile act at all. Set up a comic preshow about either a struggling band who just got "the call" for a big break kind of gig, IF they can get to the gig on time, which gives the ride a sense of comic urgency. OR if they want to make it really funny, use the guys from Spinal Tap. Maybe they think they're being given an award, so they're rushing across town to make it to the award ceremony, only to find out their agent got them jobs in the house band (or as seat fillers). The preshow could have them being interviewed by Martin diBergi about the album they're in the process of recording when they get the call, and we're ostensibly in diBergi's car trying to catch up to the band, who warn us of oncoming traffic or obstacles along the way.

Either way, WDW doesn't run the risk of picking either an act who is a few months away from retirement or death, OR a flash in the pan act that might not even be popular anymore by the time the ride re-opens. It's set up almost like a chase scene in a movie (since it is Disney's Hollywood Studios after all), and injects some much-needed humor in the preshow of a ride that takes itself almost comically serious, too-cool-for Disney, yet still absolutely Disney. It's currently about as annoying as when they draw Mickey as a typical kid of whatever decade it currently is, like when drawings from Mickey in the 80s would have him wearing pastels, sporting sunglasses and a Walkman. yeesh.

Now thats an idea I like.

jmmiles

RnR Starring ?????

Seems that they could bill is as "Guest Starring" and reto-fit the ride/preshow so that they could changed out pretty easily.

Aerosmith, Jonas Brothers, Hanna Montana, or whoever disney was trying to promote at the time. Is it really more than a short film, some promo posters, and music clips played during the ride.

Add a big Marquee out front advertising who was starring that day. Change it each day. Have a rotation of 5 or so. Seems to me this would be a good way for band to promote new albums. Disney to promote their shows/concerts, and keep the ride fresh.

slappy magoo

Oh I dont know how about, Alvin and the Chipmunks or really rock out to Ivor Biggun and the Red Nosed Burglars

How about selections from Fish's Songs From the Mirror? They're covers, AND they're from a relatively obscure middle-aged singer! Everything for everybody!

Seriously, as much of a fan as I've been, the day I heard he put out a cover album was the day I learned I cant. have. heroes. period. It's been over 10 years, and yet it still stings.

elabron

I really like the idea of changing it every week or two......changing the music, you think wouldn't be a big deal for WDI, and the light show could be changed with every music act as well.

Just by changing the music/lighting, you could bill it as a different "concert experience" every few weeks or month.

-Led Zeppelin
-Rush
-Run DMC (classic rap :) )
-Jonas Brothers (Disney tie-in)
-U2
-Metallica

The only problem with this concept, is getting licensing from all of them.....it may be easier and more cost-effective to just get a long-term deal with a band

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
How about selections from Fish's Songs From the Mirror? They're covers, AND they're from a relatively obscure middle-aged singer! Everything for everybody!

Seriously, as much of a fan as I've been, the day I heard he put out a cover album was the day I learned I cant. have. heroes. period. It's been over 10 years, and yet it still stings.

Dont knock the big man. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom