RnRc Retheme?

RSoxNo1

And why in God's name would Kermit and Piggy not be the real stars of Muppets Haunted Mansion? Missed opportunity! What were they thinking?
It very well could come down to popularity. While Kermit and to a lesser extend Piggy are the leaders, they're not necessarily the favorites. Kermit for example is the straight man / adult in any comedy bits.

EPCOTCenterLover

It very well could come down to popularity. While Kermit and to a lesser extend Piggy are the leaders, they're not necessarily the favorites. Kermit for example is the straight man / adult in any comedy bits.
Makes sense, but when the Muppets were first big, Kermit and Piggy were the focus. Jim Henson knew what he was doing.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Does anyone actually ride it for the Aerosmith connection? It's a good fit but I doubt anyone would ride it for that alone? Likewise it's free money for the band right now, if they want millions fair enough but they're not really working for it? I mean I'd rather thousands than nothing, I get they value their brand it just seems odd that 20 years after agreeing to let Disney use their music they still value it so highly.

ImperfectPixie

Does anyone actually ride it for the Aerosmith connection? It's a good fit but I doubt anyone would ride it for that alone? Likewise it's free money for the band right now, if they want millions fair enough but they're not really working for it? I mean I'd rather thousands than nothing, I get they value their brand it just seems odd that 20 years after agreeing to let Disney use their music they still value it so highly.
Stephen Tyler goes to WDW regularly (often on his birthday).

TomboyJanet

Ugh It pains me to think about it but it seems very likely. I thought the RNRC was one of the coolest concepts for a ride when I was a kid. I did enjoy the marvel movies but there is something very monochromatic about their existence in the parks. I can't put my finger on it but they just can't seem to do it right. It's like when you make an action movie that's all special effects and no story (not that the marvel movies are this but the rides certainly convey that concept).

Personally I'd love to see something that brings back that comical old Hollywood feel the park used to have. The park really used to have a sense of humor that seems lost now especially without the great movie ride. Idk Just replace it with a new great movie ride then I'd be happy lol but seriously I'd rather they'd just leave it alone.

TikibirdLand

Ugh It pains me to think about it but it seems very likely. I thought the RNRC was one of the coolest concepts for a ride when I was a kid. I did enjoy the marvel movies but there is something very monochromatic about their existence in the parks. I can't put my finger on it but they just can't seem to do it right. It's like when you make an action movie that's all special effects and no story (not that the marvel movies are this but the rides certainly convey that concept).

Personally I'd love to see something that brings back that comical old Hollywood feel the park used to have. The park really used to have a sense of humor that seems lost now especially without the great movie ride. Idk Just replace it with a new great movie ride then I'd be happy lol but seriously I'd rather they'd just leave it alone.
Well, you're missing CoH. Last visit, they drove up in their curve-dash oldmobile and commented on my son's Captain America shirt and asked him all kinds of questions. My son then asked them what they were going to do today (this was first thing int he morning). They "argued" among themselves about brunch, lunch and happenings. Really enjoyed it. And my son felt pretty special -- if not a bit embarrassed.

We also caught a magic show some of the others were doing over on Sunset. Loved how they involved people in the crowd. Really wish they were back.

Marc Davis Fan

RnRC has always been a missed opportunity. Disney theme park attractions, at their best, immerse you into a believable fiction (or else are so charming or creative that they make up for their unbelievability, e.g., Splash Mountain).

RnRC sets things up as if it's going to provide full-on realistic immersion (with the detailed "record company" queue, etc), and then suddenly you're looking at an obvious roller coaster train minimally dressed up like a "limo," sitting on a clearly-visible track, which then proceeds past cartoon images on flat surfaces.

That's why I think, despite its lower budget and the confusing/short pre-show, the ride portion of Paris's RnRC was far superior. It was a "concept roller coaster" co-developed by Aerosmith, with the music timed to a rock-concert-inspired light show.

Honestly, if they redesigned this with Paris's interior, swapped out the "back alley" for something that doesn't break the immersion (e.g., even just a station that's part of the record company building, with the premise that "you're boarding new concept roller coaster developed by this record company"), and put in any reasonably good band, that would be a major upgrade.

Sure, I would rather have something more creative than "this is a roller coaster," but I think it would be a vast improvement over "pretend this is a limo, and these 2D cartoon images are Los Angeles."

TomboyJanet

RnRC has always been a missed opportunity. Disney theme park attractions, at their best, immerse you into a believable fiction (or else are so charming or creative that they make up for their unbelievability, e.g., Splash Mountain).

RnRC sets things up as if it's going to provide full-on realistic immersion (with the detailed "record company" queue, etc), and then suddenly you're looking at an obvious roller coaster train minimally dressed up like a "limo," sitting on a clearly-visible track, which then proceeds past cartoon images on flat surfaces.

That's why I think, despite its lower budget and the confusing/short pre-show, the ride portion of Paris's RnRC was far superior. It was a "concept roller coaster" co-developed by Aerosmith, with the music timed to a rock-concert-inspired light show.

Honestly, if they redesigned this with Paris's interior, swapped out the "back alley" for something that doesn't break the immersion (e.g., even just a station that's part of the record company building, with the premise that "you're boarding new concept roller coaster developed by this record company"), and put in any reasonably good band, that would be a major upgrade.

Sure, I would rather have something more creative than "this is a roller coaster," but I think it would be a vast improvement over "pretend this is a limo, and these 2D cartoon images are Los Angeles."
To me the focus of the ride was always the soundtrack. It is synched to the song being played lining up with parts of the ride etc. That was the fun of it. Aside from just plain cool factor.

That made the ride unique in that its a mostly audio experience rather than visual

ohioguy

You're on the way to Freddie Mercury's annual birthday party and the cocaine dwarfs are running late! Can YOU be the Champion of the World and get them there on time?
You could have a fake coaster train crash off in the distance while "Another One Bites The Dust" plays; will it be you next time?

Movielover

:p
422226_vomit_puppet.gif

Rambozo

Cars seems to fit theming wise, though the main audience (little kids) for the films can't ride it. But that's the case with Incredicoaster over in Cali too.

Brer Panther

Unpopular opinion?: I don't think Cars would be a good idea for a retheme. For one thing, kids who love the franchise won't get to ride it because of the height requirement, and on top of that I don't think the ride's layout allows for much in the way of cool Radiator Springs theming.

cookiee_munster

Yes!!! 100% :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom