RnRC New Theme Discussion

BalooChicago

If Aerosmith, as a theme, lasts another 10 years, I will be floored.

It's going to seem downright creepy should they keep the theme once Steven Tyler has passed. Not saying he'll be gone within a decade, but it's within the realm of possibility. He's not young and has lived a hard life. I could see them keeping it as others pass though (as most probably have no idea who they are, at least not well enough to know which of them are dead).

lazyboy97o

It's going to seem downright creepy should they keep the theme once Steven Tyler has passed. Not saying he'll be gone within a decade, but it's within the realm of possibility. He's not young and has lived a hard life. I could see them keeping it as others pass though (as most probably have no idea who they are, at least not well enough to know which of them are dead).
Rod Serling had been dead for almost 20 years when the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror opened in 1994.

jt04

A Rocketeer theme! I heard Disney might be planning a new Rocketeer movie... (don't know how you could work jetpacks into the theming of the cars..but hey, that's why we have imagineers). It also would fit the time-period of sunset blvd...

Thanks for the link. I agree!

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
What about a "Temple of Doom" mine coaster theme? Then have ToT be themed inside to another Indy adventure... maybe move the stunt show or have it be street acts like SWL will have. Thus having that area of DHS become I.J. Adventure land, which the area is already in the era Dr. Jones adventures were taking place.

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

What about a "Temple of Doom" mine coaster theme? Then have ToT be themed inside to another Indy adventure... maybe move the stunt show or have it be street acts like SWL will have. Thus having that area of DHS become I.J. Adventure land, which the area is already in the era Dr. Jones adventures were taking place.
Or how about building a fully fleshed out Indiana Jones area near Echo Lake? And mine carts don't go upside down or do inversions.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

I'd prefer a ride with flying Kelvinators...

Lora Baines Bradley

I'm sure this has been mentioned before (and I'm almost positive I got the idea here) but why don't they put GotG in RnRC? Can you imagine being launched to Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (or 2)? As for plot...the Guardians are in a space battle. Boom. Done. :p Just don't touch Tower of Terror, for the love of Star-Lord. Just don't.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before (and I'm almost positive I got the idea here) but why don't they put GotG in RnRC? Can you imagine being launched to Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (or 2)? As for plot...the Guardians are in a space battle. Boom. Done. :p Just don't touch Tower of Terror, for the love of Star-Lord. Just don't.

I always thought this would make the most sense in terms of adding something GoTG related to the parks. Pipe in some Blue Suede and Redbone in the seat speakers. Even the giant guitar on the building's facade lends itself fairly well to Star Lord's fun loving attitude.

2351metalcloud

If they made it a Doctor Strange ride, they could remake the area and put in one of those coasters being developed and discussed on this site that supposedly can have people transition from a sitting to a laying position and have it go along with the scene from the movie where Dr. Strange goes through various dimensions. In this scene, Strange is at various times shown standing, flipping around, positioned as if laying down, and sitting in a chair. This ride could seem more similar to the Tower of Terror which could have good and/or bad aspects. There would need to be some explanation for how this reasonably takes place in the Hollywood area, but this probably wouldn't be difficult.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why does RnRC need to be changed? Is it not a good attraction as-is?

I've been checking the app recently and it often has the longest wait in the park. Clearly still a popular ride.

It's not helping to sell merchandise of a Disney movie. Nor is it contributing to "Disneyana." There will be no (or very, very rare) RnRR tribute in any Disney montage. You're not going to see a Steven Tyler plush doll next to Woody in some child's room.

Is that kind of synergy necessary? No. Is that kind of synergy eventually going to be mandated? Almost certainly.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom