RnRC New Theme Discussion

jt04

Disney would not change this ride just because the band stopped touring. They may have other reasons but that would not be one of them.

lazyboy97o

Just as creatively lazy as trying to shove the film onto the Tower of Terror.

I've said this before in other threads, but the impediment to expansion at WDW is not physical space, but the average amount of time an American family spends on vacation. Disney could build eight gates and they're still not going to get the majority of families to stay for more than the week they're already staying. When DHS and DAK are complete, I think there's enough at WDW to fill a full week with little to no downtime. Then the focus should be on improving the quality of what's offered (looking at you, Future World) rather than adding more.
All four of the parks at Walt Disney World are under built for their attendance. People don't have time for more because so much of it is wasted in getting around or waiting.

captainmoch

Not gonna lie, RNRC really does need an update, so I'm totally on board for this. Plus, I'm calling it now... If Star Wars goes into the LMA/SOA area, the Phase 3 land will be the Animation Courtyard/RNRC area combined into "Super Hero Land". RNRC will get this GOTG retrofit as part of it and the Incredibles or Big Hero 6 could get a big new attraction around where Launch Bay is now.

Mickey1968

I wonder if Steven Tyler has been told the attraction will be rethemed soon and that prompted his recent birthday visit? One last ride, maybe?

Magenta Panther

So I received a rumor and have the go-ahead to share. I know most of us were quite disturbed by a plan to convert ToT over to a Guardians of the Galaxy theme.

I received word that for DHS anyway, one possible plan would be a much more logical retrofit of RnRC. With rumors of an Aerosmith farewell tour in 2017, the time is ideal for a remodel where guests hear some of Star-Lord's mixtape as they whiz through (static) scenes from the film.

To me, this is a much more reasonable idea that could easily be overlayed in 6 months or less.

Thoughts?

As long as the Tower is left intact, fine with me. Although there is perhaps this problem: anyone can enjoy RocknRoller Coaster whether you're an Aerosmith fan or not, because rock is rock and almost everybody loves some type of it. But what if you've never seen Guardians of the Galaxy (I haven't and don't care to)? Could a non-fan enjoy such a Guardians retrofit?

And of course there's also this: why doesn't TDO just build a *GASP* BRAND NEW RIDE INSTEAD????

Magenta Panther

There's a worrying trend materialising about "overlays" as opposed to new build. The mess going in Epcot aside, there's the end of sunset and a few other places I can't discuss yet that are being looked at for retrofitting. Not updating, refurbing or modernising but attempting to add a new experience without spending what they should.

What happened to the blessing of size?

And Disney doesn't seem to get that most people look at such overlays as lazy and greedy. They're well aware that it's the cheaper way to go, and with Disney raising park prices so drastically...well, it's not helping the company's image much.

Rutt

And Disney doesn't seem to get that most people look at such overlays as lazy and greedy. They're well aware that it's the cheaper way to go, and with Disney raising park prices so drastically...well, it's not helping the company's imag
e much.
'Most people' don't see it that way though. Maybe on these boards, but this is hardly a representative sample of 'most people'. I would throw out there that much like Frozenstrom, MOST people would love a GOTG overlay.
I personally think it would be pretty cool if they used the soundtrack from the movie for the ride. Nothing like a soft rock tune while you're being twisted into a knot.
I do hope that this might be a precursor to something bigger in the parks to complete the trifecta. (TSL, SWL, SHL maybe?)

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I don't see anyone paying attention to the pre-show anymore anyways. I always end up saying the CM line because no one, including the CM ever does. I mean, yeah it COULD go with another overlay, but Aerosmith is still relevant and their music fits the ride really well. Oh well, if we had to get one or the other, this would be the obvious choice.

Mike S

'Most people' don't see it that way though. Maybe on these boards, but this is hardly a representative sample of 'most people'. I would throw out there that much like Frozenstrom, MOST people would love a GOTG overlay.
I personally think it would be pretty cool if they used the soundtrack from the movie for the ride. Nothing like a soft rock tune while you're being twisted into a knot.
I do hope that this might be a precursor to something bigger in the parks to complete the trifecta. (TSL, SWL, SHL maybe?)
If the opening scene of Deadpool proves anything it's that the right soft tune can work incredibly well with lots of action :hilarious:

stretchsje

Think of what the response would be if Kings Dominion decided to retheme their Flight of Fear (a near-enough ride to RnRC with an outer-space theme) to Aerosmith (or a more modern equivalent). Theming a launched indoor roller coaster after a band's ride to a concert? Everybody would be in shock at the absurdity of the idea.

So, the more I think about this concept, the more I welcome the change. I think a Guardians overlay would fit far more nicely considering the ride already has a sounds system (Awesome Mix) and is dark (outer space) and intense. The more I contemplate this, the more I like the idea.

It's unfortunate that a mere overlay wouldn't address the shortness of the ride!

celluloid

Not happening. This would be money that would not bring any more merch without substantial money spent.

and for all the jokes DHS gets, this would be an actual major advertised attraction down with the other attractions that are already closed.

Not to mention budgetary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom