RnR, ToT "Guest Enhancement"??

bsiev1977

Upcoming limited time magic for guests? I'm for anything that has the potential to ruin a once in a lifetimers vacation
Would you like to clarify your comment? Seems like you are implying that Disney is doing something wrong here. Whose vacation is going to be ruined by after hours testing?

asianway

Would you like to clarify your comment? Seems like you are implying that Disney is doing something wrong here. Whose vacation is going to be ruined by after hours testing?
If a ltm event were to occur for regular guests where dark rides were run with work lights on, that would create a neat new experience for returning visitors. The argument against such things, like Haunted Mansion Holiday, would be that once in a lifetime guests would have their vacations ruined.

This is a baseless argument that has been tossed out again & again as a reason Why we can't have nice things.

tissandtully

If a ltm event were to occur for regular guests where dark rides were run with work lights on, that would create a neat new experience for returning visitors. The argument against such things, like Haunted Mansion Holiday, would be that once in a lifetime guests would have their vacations ruined.

This is a baseless argument that has been tossed out again & again as a reason Why we can't have nice things.

Man, you really could have phrased your original post better. I read that completely wrong.

Figments Friend

As cool as it would be to ride some well know / favorite attractions with *lights one*....i don*t think this would be something appropriate for your average Day Guests. It would *ruin the Magic* in a way, exspecially if they had never been on the attraction before.

Something like this, riding *lights on*, would be better utilized for the die-hard Park Fans who would love to experience this...and quite frankly, probably appreciate the experience a lot more.
Dare i say it, but a *Ride Lights-On Night* at one of the Parks...particually MK...would be a neat money-maker venture for Disney targeting the mega-fans that would no doubt line up in droves to experience this.

I will admit...i would be one of them in line.

tissandtully

As cool as it would be to ride some well know / favorite attractions with *lights one*....i don*t think this would be something appropriate for your average Day Guests. It would *ruin the Magic* in a way, exspecially if they had never been on the attraction before.

Something like this, riding *lights on*, would be better utilized for the die-hard Park Fans who would love to experience this...and quite frankly, probably appreciate the experience a lot more.
Dare i say it, but a *Ride Lights-On Night* at one of the Parks...particually MK...would be a neat money-maker venture for Disney targeting the mega-fans that would no doubt line up in droves to experience this.

They'd probably only pick "Philharmagic" to do it, our luck.

Figments Friend

They'd probably only pick "Philharmagic" to do it, our luck.
Ha ha ha.....yeah, right...?
:D

If Disney did a pay-to-participate *Ride Lights-On Night* for Guests i would like to think they would choose some of the more interesting dark rides.

I would definately want to be a part of the EPCOT night. SSE with the lights on...hello...!

wdwfan22

That would never happen during regular park hours

Magenta Panther

I dunno...not long ago I found out how the ballroom scene in Haunted Mansion works...and I wish I hadn't. :(

KatMaria

I am participating in the May21st Cast Testing for Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. I'm excited as it is early morning (5:45a)
I am as well, see you there. I thought it was just for band testing but who knows. All I know is that I am riding Everest and Dinosaur a ton.

JWG

I got ride SSE with the lights on when I was 5 or 6. I remember that 30 years later. It was the thing I remember most about that first trip to Disney. It was a maintenance issue, they had to send us through one car at a time if we were anywhere along the launch area.

It does really ruin the magic. As we all know, SSE is nothing more than a long mouse coaster. One that looks like it may fall down at any moment in some places. Seeing RnR in the same way just doesn't seem appealing. I can go to Six Flags to see the track layout of a steel coaster.

That being said, some things would be cool. Tower of Tower and SSE come to mind.

Knothead

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for following up on this for us. My friend also confirmed that it was for Magic Band testing and nothing else fun or cool. Par for the course these days it seems, sadly.

Jake Wilson

I know most of the abreviations on this site but for some odd reason I cant place SSE. Could someone be kind enought to inform me of this information?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom