RnR coaster ?

disneycrazy

I need some help. I'm going in Sept. with two of my college friends who like roller coasters more than I do. I like roller coasters, but not huge drops. I even like loops, but not the drops that usually precede them.

A friend told my husband that there are no big drops in RnR. Is that true? I'd love to ride it, but not if it's gonna take me the rest of the day to recover.:p

mightyduck

Originally posted by disneycrazy
I need some help. I'm going in Sept. with two of my college friends who like roller coasters more than I do. I like roller coasters, but not huge drops. I even like loops, but not the drops that usually precede them.

A friend told my husband that there are no big drops in RnR. Is that true? I'd love to ride it, but not if it's gonna take me the rest of the day to recover.:p

I don't really like coasters. I hate to go upside-down--I usually throw up afterward. I like Aerosmith. I have been on this twice--I was very brave both times, and even kept my eyes open for the second time... ;)

No big drops. The launch is the most dramatic part because it catapults you. Go on it. It's worth it, and you should be fine. :)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Re: Re: RnR coaster ?

Originally posted by mightyduck

I don't really like coasters. I hate to go upside-down--I usually throw up afterward. I like Aerosmith. I have been on this twice--I was very brave both times, and even kept my eyes open for the second time... ;)

No big drops. The launch is the most dramatic part because it catapults you. Go on it. It's worth it, and you should be fine. :)

Yeah the coaster is no big deal. There more drops in space mt then RnR. u should give it a go.

Upvote 0

Maria

I am very afraid of them and don´t like rollercoasters either, and the only one I have done is RnRC. It was a lot of fun!! As someone said before, the thoughest part is the launch and the rest is merely a fast ride! Scream all you can and you will enjoy it even more! :)

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
RnR rides so smoothly...add that to all the stuff that's already been mentioned, and you got a ride that's unique. The launch is the worst part, and that's not that bad...by the time you realize it's started, you're already in the first loop. Plus there is awesome music in each seat that goes with the coaster.....

Upvote 0

markymark

You can't miss out on RnR!!

Up to about 4 or 5 years ago, I was terrieifed of any coaster. But going to wdw and IOA has sorted that out. We went on RnR before it actually opened, they were doing final test & adjust and I had to ride on my own (the rest of my group paired up and I was Billy No mates!) and I was really unsure about going on. I did and it was absolutely awesome!!! In fact we went straight back on.....TWICE!!

All I would say is....give it a go, you wont be sorry. There are no big drops no feeling of being horribly high, just a great feeling of speed!! and a great soundtrack too.

Upvote 0

disneycrazy

Original Poster
Thanks y'all!

I'm excited about it now! I can't wait to ride it. My husband thanks you as well - now he'll get to ride it when we go in November.

:) :D :p

Upvote 0

markymark

Will you be daring to go onto ToT, or does that hold no fear for you? My sister in law is coming with us next year. She completely refuses to go on ANY coaster, but can't wait to go onto Tower Of Terror (which to me seems a bit wierd!)

Upvote 0

popkid

the whole ride is over before you even know it so i think even the meek coaster fans can survive with flyings colors (and i don't mean flying colors out of their mouths after the ride...)

i just got wind of this coaster at Kings Domimion, so i'll be heading there right after we return from Disney... check it out, it's insane!!!<br>

Hypersonic XLC

Upvote 0

disneycrazy

Original Poster
No way on ToT. My husband swears it's not as bad as Splash Mountain (which I can ride after great persuasion - but just 'cause I like to sing along), but I just don't think I'd enjoy the drops at all.

I use to love any coaster until I rode Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in '87. I tried to scream on the big drop but it just got stuck in my throat. Ever since, I've hated anything with a big drop.

Now, Big Thunder Mountain, that's my idea of fun. You can spot me on that one a mile away. I'm the grownup in the very back seat laughing my head off and shrieking with delight. I've been told I'm a lot of fun to watch on that ride!:p

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by markymark
Yeah I have seen it - HOW GREAT DOES THIS LOOK!!!

Imagine that where 20k lagoon is LOL!!!

ps the video is great!!!

Another good coaster is Shockwave at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee IL. There are 7 inversions and I've almost blacked out twice on it. Not from fear but from the rush of blood to my brain. :D

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

Another good coaster is Shockwave at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee IL. There are 7 inversions and I've almost blacked out twice on it. Not from fear but from the rush of blood to my brain. :D

Yikes, DisneyFreak, we had Shockwave at Six Flags here--I couldn't even watch it (I don't like to watch the new Nitro either...). Blacking out is cool? Why not just pay someone $5 to yank your necktie a little too tightly? ;)

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by mightyduck

Yikes, DisneyFreak, we had Shockwave at Six Flags here--I couldn't even watch it (I don't like to watch the new Nitro either...). Blacking out is cool? Why not just pay someone $5 to yank your necktie a little too tightly? ;)

No, blacking out is not cool. But being on the verge of blacking out is. See the difference? ;)

BTW, I don't wear a necktie so that won't work. :p

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

I think we're starting to drift. :D

No, no, I got it...

I like the fact that RnR doesn't have the clanky chain thing dragging you to the top of a hill...that suspense makes me sick. And I'd much rather ride RnR than Shockwave or anything that makes me black out or come close to blacking out...

And as for yanking your chain, I could be... ;)

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is my most favorite ride at Walt Disney World. I didn't go on it the first year it opened because I'm not really a looping roller coaster person but my dad draged me on the next year. We went on with my heart pounding and the whole "4....3.....2.....1..." didn't help at all. But the ride was totally fun. We went on it again after that and we plan to go on it 5 times in December 2002. :cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom