Riverside or French Quarter...

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
What are the differences? Im looking online for a Dec trip and after my AP discount Riverside is $755 and French Quarter is $642.

Why the big difference?

FQ is $89 a night..

RS is over $100...

DisneyJoe

You are most likely not comparing the same room types - or one is with a discount and one is not - because they both have the same room rate structure.

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

I am guessing perhaps the price difference is due to the amount of rooms presently booked at each resort. My experiennce has been that Florida discounts are often based on the level of occupancy at the resorts. There are times when they are available at the least popular Value resorts, while the other Values offer no discount. Perhaps that is the case with the pricing of the two resorts that you mentioned. :shrug:

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well like it does everyday the more I screw with it the more the price changes. They are both $89 now..lol

Wich is nicer though? I stayed at RS a LONG time ago. It was very beautiful.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

POFQ IMHO......Its small, compact, quiet, one bus stop. First bus stop if they combine buses. Only drawback I see, no TS resturant just a food court. Which suits me I only buy snacks at the resort never meals.

Upvote 0

Atomicmickey

Just back from RS. Loved the QS food area there, good food.
Just loved the resort, period. Check out the Alligator Bayou
area. Ask for building 14, 16, 18.

Loved everything about RS, no complaints at all.

That having been said, FQ looks nice, as well. I'm thinking
you're in a win, win situation.:)

Upvote 0

popsicletrees

I prefer the decor, bus stops and size of FQ, but Riverside definitely has a better QS. Wherever you stay you have to go to POR and watch Bob perform! We saw him on our last trip, and we had so much fun! He was very entertaining, and even though we aren't staying there on our next trip we plan on making a special trip to see him.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

FQ is better with the buses. You get picked up first and dropped off first.

FQ is smaller and easier to get around.

RS has more pools and better pool.

RS has Boatwright which you won't need.

I stayed at both, RS (dixie landings at the time for Honeymoon and trip after that). FQ in Dec 05.

I like FQ better.

Upvote 0

Dj Corona

Riverside, all the way!! Be there in about 36 hours and counting! Yes, it's a big property, and if you're not big into walking after a long day, ask for a room in the Alligator Bayou section, close to front portion. If you end up staying there, definately check out the hotel bar, especially if Bob the piano player is playing, he's one of the best kept secrets, as far as entertainment goes, i'm sure many who have stayed there will agree.

Upvote 0

panther726

Neither, go to POP CENTURY
You obvioulsy haven't been to French Quarter have you? I used to say the value was the way to go, but fell in love with French Quarter last year.

Anyways, I would suggest FQ. Since you are doing the QS plan, Boatwright's wouldn't be an issue. That would probably be the only thing drawing you to stay there. FQ is so small and compact, it's great to come back to after the long day at the parks. As mentioned, the bus stops, when combined, usually stop at FQ, which only has one stop to Riverside's 4 stops. Also, the FQ has the boat landing to Downtown Disney like Riverside as well.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Do you want a compact resort that looks like the streets of New Orleans or do you want a resort which is more like a large estate with gorgeous landscaping?

POFQ is compact like city streets. POR is spread out with more seculsion and scenery.

Our preference is the Magnolia Bend 'mansions' area at POR.

The food court at POR is one of the best at WDW.

You would be happy at either.
Have fun.

:)

Upvote 0

heartodisney

My wife and I have stayed at Riverside and LOVED it! We did visit FQ and very much liked it..might even stay there in the future. But, I DO agree..the buses will pick up and drop off at FQ first...this is a plus coming back from the parks if you are very tired..or have a grumpy child(Heaven forbid!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom