Rivers of America drained!

ThePhantom

Original Poster
Yup thats right, for the 1st time in 10 years, Rivers of America is being drained! The water level was about 2 feet lower today around noon. It should be completely drained tomorrow. I got pics, but somehow XP ate them! :( I may be out there 2morrow, if I am I'll get pics.

ToTBellHop

well, um...this IS the Disneyland forum, so no...it's Disneyland's Rivers of America. The waterway will be drained through late march, while work takes place on both the many ships found here, Fantasmic! hardware, and probably Tom Sawyer Island, since it will obviously be closed too. Disneyland can blame it on the lack of rain over the past few weeks :)

Merlin

Account Suspended
I have some pics from the last time they drained the Rivers of America (when they were building Fantasmic!). If anyone is interested, I'll see about getting them scanned so I can post them.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Merlin
I have some pics from the last time they drained the Rivers of America (when they were building Fantasmic!). If anyone is interested, I'll see about getting them scanned so I can post them.

Would be very interested! :sohappy:

ThePhantom

Original Poster
Yes you can see the track, Mark Twain is back by Pooh, parked in the middle of the river. It's funny to see the whole river drained and still have a boat in the trough! Columbia is in it's dock (or dry dock right now ;) )

JLW11Hi

I heard about this happening when I went on that tour in November. The guide said the last time they drained it, they found a whole bunch of interesting stuff....one lady that had lost her wallet there ended up getting it back! It will be interesting to see what they find this time....

They scheduled the draining to go on while Tom Sawyers Island is rehabed to accomidate the handicapped.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by wdwmagic
Would be very interested! :sohappy:

I'm going out of town for a few days, but I'll have the photos scanned when I get back and then post them. I think I also have some shots of them refurbishing Mark Twain at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom