River Country

CaptainEO95

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone knows any rumors about River Country's future. I know it is abandoned, but I have been wondering if Disney is going to replace it, reopen it, tear it down or let it rot. I would be happy to know any information.:)

Thanks,
CaptainEO95

Victor Kelly

Definitely never re-open. There is a major bacteria problem in the water of Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. That is why the beaches are not open at any of the resorts. Gators are another issue but not the reason the lakes are closed.

I would have liked to have seen River Country but we were never water park people in my family.

Scuttle

Definitely never re-open. There is a major bacteria problem in the water of Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. That is why the beaches are not open at any of the resorts. Gators are another issue but not the reason the lakes are closed.

I would have liked to have seen River Country but we were never water park people in my family.

I thought about this exact same thing when I saw a group of kids swimming in the lagoon in front of the Poly. I lifeguard got them out, but I still thought it was crazy.

Victor Kelly

Well at least they are doing something with the area. But I do not see why they cannot just revamp the area to use only filtered water like the rest of the waterparks.

Pete C

Well at least they are doing something with the area. But I do not see why they cannot just revamp the area to use only filtered water like the rest of the waterparks.

Yeah, I had an idea where they could wall off the lake and replace the 'watering hole' with a giant infinity edge pool so it still appeared like it was part of the lake at eye level. Use the sand bottomed pool like they have at Beach/Yacht Club and you have basically the same experience as before.

pumpkin7

i really don't think river country can be saved. it's rotted completely. can you imagine the sludge that rests in forgotten pipes underneath the pools and around the slides? ew. they'd have to gut the place and start a fresh. though i'm not saying a new water park wouldn't be good!
i was going to say i hope they do something with it soon, but i like watching the videos and looking the pictures of an old, creepy, long forgotten water park.
i particularly like the fact that they have an old 'employee of the year' sign with like, 20 names on it. how creepy would that be if your name was on that? ooo.

menamechris

This is a myth. If there was a bacteria problem as has been suggested, you wouldn't be able to waterski, tube, etc. in Bay Lake (which you can). It is my understanding that the reason they primarily do not want guests swimming by the resorts (aside from the obvious liability without a lifeguard) is because of the boats transporting guests back and forth to the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom