River Country Pictures - 2005

Robfasto

Original Poster
This is the start of our May 2005 pictures plus a few others I have not publicly announced yet.

We start this update with 185 pictures from a couple of weeks ago. You can find 59 Recreation pictures which include 49 River Country (so sad to see) as pictures of Discovery Island, Water Sports and the Wedding Pavilion. We have posted 126 Transportation Pictures with 59 Monorail, 43 Boat, 22 Bus, 2 Parking Tram pictures.

Also a few weeks ago we posted 96 Disney Wonder pictures that are different than most as they were taken from another ship so you get some unique pictures of the Wonder.

With this update we now have 8845 pictures and 7.5 hours of video online.

Here are a some samples:

Closed down River Country

Ferryboat heading to Bay Lake

Automatic gates at the Magic Kingdom

Disney Wonder arriving in Nassau

Click here to see our previous update

crazygirley

I love the Ghost Town-ish feeling of River Country and Discovery Island. It's weird when you think of them at better times, and then see the pictures of them rotting away.

I wonder if it will be strange to someday see pictures, or even VISIT the finished other half of Pop Century. That'll be weird!

MickeyMad

Ok thanks for getting back to me so quick - that explains why I didn't see it so I can't compare but I thought AK was brilliant!

Bluewaves

I went to WDW a number of times when River Country was open, I still could never figure out just how to get there, we tried once and asked cast members and bus drivers and so on we tried all morning once and said forget about it and went back the hotel pool, only reason we tried was typhoon and bb reached capacity already.

diddy_mouse

great pics! it is kinda sad to see how barren River Country is. also...nice amount of transportation photos. the monorail shots were very cool :D

CaliSurfer182

Those are awesome pictures! I feel so bad that River Country has been left behind in abandonment. There most be a reason why they haven't totally destroyed it? Maybe they want to reinvent it when the time calls for it. I especially liked the pictures of the ship near Discovery Island, it looked as if nature was finally reclaiming its wood. :)

TinkerBell9988

Poor River Country. I never got the chance to experience it, but it sure did look like fun. :( Oh well...

By the way, DisneyPix.com rocks!! :sohappy:

djmatthews

Robfasto, I love your site. I enjoy getting my weekly pictures from you. Those River Country ones are very sad. How did you get them? Is the park accessible?

diveteam

Great pics, I remember going to River Country on one of my first trips to WDW and loved it, but that was before I experienced Typoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

Robfasto

Original Poster
djmatthews said:
Robfasto, I love your site. I enjoy getting my weekly pictures from you. Those River Country ones are very sad. How did you get them? Is the park accessible?

It was that day...

I was walking the around taking picture and heading past Mickey's Backyard BBQ pavilion while the kids played in the petting farm. When I got the the walkway where River Country was located I stopped to take A picture of the poor place and found that although they had signs up stating River Country was closed there was no gate.

Since this was the main path I just walked in, I figured if someone saw me and I wasn't suppose to be there they would say something, none of the Cast Members I pasted said anything to me.

I found that the Main building

is still being used, although Pop Place is not open the bathrooms/lockers are used during Mickey's Backyard BBQ and it used by Cast Members as a break room. I also found that the Ticket Booths at the entrance are used for bait storage for the bait used during the charter fishing tours.

OliveMcFly

Wonderful pics! I hate to see River Country like that. I wonder how many visitors pass it while on Bay Lake and think "hey, why is that cool water park closed?". Was there any truth to the rumor of re-opening for the campgrounds guests? I would love to see that happen. The Discovery Island pics were great. I've been wanting to take a boat out there and circle the island just to be nosy. I been wanting to see pics and your's are great. It's kind of creepy seeing buildings on a deserted island. To think it was once packed with people and now it's sits alone with who knows what living in it. Probably just birds but it's fun to wonder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom