River Country Pictures - 2005

mrtoad

theTank524 said:
Thanks i will definitly try this year. Were going from July 18th to the 25th

Also, sometimes they will not let you for whatever reason. If that happens or someone is in it, if you can bear waiting for a next one you should wait.

I agree that you should do it from a resort but would like to add to do it at a non peak time like a couple of hours after the MK opens. Also you might want to take it all the way around if you have the time. It really something else to head into the Contemporary (and out) from the front. It is a time consuming thing to do though just so you know (but, well, well worth it).

Enjoy it!
Mike

Robfasto

Original Poster
Another good ride during non-peak hours would be from the TTC to Epcot, you get to ride through the loop at Epcot and get a great view.

bucklmd

Ha! This thread is bringing back some memories, which coincidentally have to do with a couple of the topics on this thread.

My only trip to RC was in 1989 when I was in 5th grade. My family went to WDW with my aunt, uncle and 2 cousins and stayed at the Contemporary. BEST TRIP EVER!! Anyway, one day just my uncle, cousin and me went to River Country and had a blast. My fondest memory was at lunchtime when we were all ready to have our lunch. My uncle had ordered a beer with his lunch but went to the restroom before he started eating. Well, my curious cousin and I thought it would be so funny if we both took a drink of his beer while he was gone. It was one of those "triple dog dare ya" things. We just thought we were such rebels!! We have since fessed up (makes for a good story at Christmas), but it was just classic. I guess you just had to be there!

Coincidentally, I have never ridden in the front of the monorail because that very day we went to RC, the rest of the family had gone to a character breakfast at the Land and got to ride in the front all the way to Epcot. Err! I never have had the chance to ride up front since, but at least I can still do that. So, thanks for the walk down memory lane. :)

Fordlover

I went exploring River Country on my visit in 04. Of course we went just a little before midnight, but finally got tracked down by a member of the security. Just politely asked us to leave, and suggested that we not be found back in that area. We climbed up and down the slides, stairs, etc. and found that most stuff was still there and in good shape. Looks like some damage has been done to the rocks, if by people or weather, I don't know, but don't remember it being that torn up last March.
I did see the equipment room for the large pool and it appeared all the pumps and filters were still in place.

Richie248

Fordlover said:
I went exploring River Country on my visit in 04. Of course we went just a little before midnight, but finally got tracked down by a member of the security. Just politely asked us to leave, and suggested that we not be found back in that area. We climbed up and down the slides, stairs, etc. and found that most stuff was still there and in good shape. Looks like some damage has been done to the rocks, if by people or weather, I don't know, but don't remember it being that torn up last March.
I did see the equipment room for the large pool and it appeared all the pumps and filters were still in place.

WOW must have been quite the adventure!!! I always wondered what it would be like to do something like that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom