River Country Officially Closing?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
It's interesting to note that on Eisner's year end stockholders report, he refers to disney world has having four theme parks and "two water parks". Is he hinting that River Country will never open again?

markymark

I REALLY hope this doesn't happen :( I love River Country it's a great place to escape from the hustle and bustle of summer at wdw.

This had better be wrong :mad:

Beauty and the

Originally posted by markymark
I REALLY hope this doesn't happen :( I love River Country it's a great place to escape from the hustle and bustle of summer at wdw.

This had better be wrong :mad:

I couldn't agree with you more, I love River Country it is small and compact so you can always see the kids, but yet is big enough to have plenty to occupy everyone. One of the high points of our last trip was watching the kids face's as Goofy jumped in the line infront of them and rode the tube ride, Priceless :sohappy: :sohappy:

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
While River Country is a "water park", it's more associated as a "mini-water park" for Fort Wilderness, as it is in Fort Wilderness. Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are 2 true water parks.

Are you sure this isn't just a misinterpretation of the wording?

markymark

Originally posted by MobileBadBoy
While River Country is a "water park", it's more associated as a "mini-water park" for Fort Wilderness, as it is in Fort Wilderness. Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are 2 true water parks.

Are you sure this isn't just a misinterpretation of the wording?

Could be, but the official Disneworld website lists TL, BB, and RC as their "three exciting water parks"

When I was there last May we were on a boat from FW to Cont and started talking to The Skipper and he told us RC would be closing down and would become a swimming area for FW Resort guests ONLY because FW never had a themed pool area, consisting of restroom, snack bar, bar etc. They only had what he called 2 holes dug in the ground filled with water because the lake was not safe to swin in. They would be making RC smaller so FW would have a TRUE swimming area like the other resorts.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
they have always called them disney's three water parks. Eisner was very specific in saying two. He has plenty of readers who would check for mistakes like that. I would not trust the disney site. River Country was barely even open last year...

Pioneer Hall

I don't think that they would make it a swimming area for FW. It just doesn't seem that it would be right. So many people would pool hop to that resort that it would just pay to have it as a water park. At least they get 6.00 dollars everytime someone enters. If they make it a FW swim area expect the prices to go WAYYYYYYY UP to bring your own room to the resort!!!

DanStat

Unlikley

I really don't think they would make that a swimming area...what would they do with the locker rooms, and all of that...

I think it might go down for re-hab for a year, to make it more "technologically advanced"...???:(

I hope it doesn't just close!

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I don't think that they would make it a swimming area for FW. It just doesn't seem that it would be right. So many people would pool hop to that resort that it would just pay to have it as a water park. At least they get 6.00 dollars everytime someone enters. If they make it a FW swim area expect the prices to go WAYYYYYYY UP to bring your own room to the resort!!!

I agree. It would be incredibly expensive to run it as a resort pool! Just think of all the lifeguards that are employed...no other resort has as many! Plus, is it really within walking distance of FW? The shuttle would have to continue. All of these costs were covered by admission...would there be enough guests paying admission if they were limited to one resort? Would they really utilize it that much? Even if admission was still charged for WR guests, could it be enough to cover the costs, and would guests be willing to pay them? Or would the prices for campsites, cabins, etc. have to be raised to deluxe hotel levels, as mentioned? What about the increasing problem of pollution in the lakes? I can remember being able to swim in 7 Seas Lagoon years ago (also CBR's lake), but it is banned now. Is the same thing happening to Bay Lake? Perhaps this is why River Country is closing!

Pioneer Hall

You can't swim in Disney Lakes because ofa bacteria that naturally grown in the lakes, they want the guests to be safe. But, they somehow had to be able to cleanand filter the water so it can be used. They wouldn't want to have the chance of people getting sick. I think that River Country will open as usual just maybe not this year.

Pioneer Hall

I emailed Disney World about the situation. Hopefully I will get a truthful response. I will post their response as soon as I get it. If that doesn't work I have the phone number of someone who works for the Excecutive Office in Walt Disney World. I spoke to him shortly after all the cutbacks. I will call hm to get a straight answer.

Beauty and the

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I emailed Disney World about the situation. If that doesn't work I have the phone number of someone who works for the Excecutive Office in Walt Disney World.

Wow you must be one important person
Can I have your autograph:animwink:

monorail256

i dont just think its the bacteria.... last time we stayed at fort wilderness... which was last may, they were having big problems with alligators... everytime we went out on the 7 seas lagoon we would most likely see an alligator. i never really likes rc myself... if im going to pay for something i would much rather pay for a place that is much bigger and have better thrills... i dont know thats just me but... it was nice to see the characters there from time to time. :hammer:
ryan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom