River Country gone for good?

BrerFox28

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anyone know if the River Country Water Park will open again? I its closed for good, seems like a good place for a new water or attraction park.

YoHo

Bay lake's water system has more E-coli in it then the New York Sewer system. (hyperbole) There will never be any form of waterbased attraction there unless this is fixed.

BrerFox28

Account Suspended
Original Poster
i didnt mean another peter pan, snow white, etc., etc. thing, more of a all roller coaster park like Islands of Adventure... or another MGM...

Pioneer Hall

If you knew anything about how Islands of Adventure is doing, then you would understand why Disney hasn't considered building something similar to it. Islands of Adventure isn't doing that great because it isn't considered a family park. Almost all the rides have minimum height restrictions, and families are staying away from it. The bottom line at IoA isn't good.

BrerFox28

Account Suspended
Original Poster
well then what in the world would Disney do with all that land that river country was on? It just seems like a good idea to make a small new park.

YoHo

I don't think there is all that much space there.

Personally, I'm hoping the clean up the lake and reopen possibly with some sort of something on Discovery Island. I actually had someone suggest to me that it would be an excellent spot for a Harry Potter themed something....

Bill

Account Suspended
It would be an excellent place, but to my knowledge, Disney is not considering a Harry Potter stand-alone attraction. All plans have it going in a theme park.

And as for River Coruntry, River Country has a filter system for the water. River Contry's water is clean, and is separate from Bay Lake's water. WDI has plans to add to it & re-open, but there's no budget for it right now, so, don't expect anything to happen anytime soon. ;)

YoHo

Originally posted by Bill

And as for River Coruntry, River Country has a filter system for the water. River Contry's water is clean, and is separate from Bay Lake's water. WDI has plans to add to it & re-open, but there's no budget for it right now, so, don't expect anything to happen anytime soon. ;)

I've talked to different CMs current and former from all levels of the company from FLorida local to Imagineering and Burbank and the consensus is that that filter does nothing. The entire watersystem is hosed. There are plans to fix the whole system, but they are way expensive.

FigmentJedi

Originally posted by BrerFox28
who is maelstromrocks?
He was what we call here a troll. He had bad typing skills, he tried to make himself the only source of Disney info because his uncle supposidly works at WDW, and he jabbered on and on about indians smoking peacepipes at Big Thunder Mountain. That's essentially why he was banished from the boards. But he has tried to come back several times, twice under the name MaElStROm RUlEZ.

Shaman

Originally posted by YoHo
I've talked to different CMs current and former from all levels of the company from FLorida local to Imagineering and Burbank and the consensus is that that filter does nothing. The entire watersystem is hosed. There are plans to fix the whole system, but they are way expensive.

I thought that the system was too costly to run, and with all the cutbacks, plus with the addition of Blizzard Beach and it taking away much of the crowds...the park was closed cause it was becoming to expensive to maintain...

Atleast thats what I heard...it was my favorite water park...I hope they open it again...

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Tahu
He was what we call here a troll. He had bad typing skills, he tried to make himself the only source of Disney info because his uncle supposidly works at WDW, and he jabbered on and on about indians smoking peacepipes at Big Thunder Mountain. That's essentially why he was banished from the boards. But he has tried to come back several times, twice under the name MaElStROm RUlEZ.
Ah, this should be Grizz's post, but...

747maelstromrockstroll.jpg

s25843

Originally posted by BrerFox28
well then what in the world would Disney do with all that land that river country was on? It just seems like a good idea to make a small new park.

Why would they put a new park there when the Wilderness Campgrounds/Cabins are right there? There is simply not enough room for anything, besides a water park

maxime29

Premium Member
I made this suggestion on another forum about RC (Of course clean it up completely first before doing this):

Make the place into a water themed show (like a cirque de soul) maybe with stunts or an actual performance style piece.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom