River country ghost town. Sad pictures

diesel

Original Poster
Hello everyone. i just thought i would put up some pics of the now closed run down river country. I posted this earlier to another thread. But I thought hey people may want to see these. I know there were a lot of fans of this park and to have disney give up on it was a total let down. It did have a feel to it like the other 2 water parks just don't have. (just my thought here) So these pics are from the inside of rc. plus the ghost town of a cast area. they were taken this past late summer. (the way in? no security no signs no fences no nothing.) Like i said i know there were a lot of fans (me being one) so i just thought everyone would like to have one last look before its gone. If anyone else has pictures please post here i would love to see them as i'm sure others would. thanks....http://users.adelphia.net/~tburr/ Oh. and on a side note. Why do u think there is a tommorow land trash can in the cast area. wonder who floated that across the lake.

do something!!!

first of all that is disgustin! they need to do something with that place. Can u say misquteo city? it looks as if they have just been useing it as a junk farm. I personally think that they should tear down everything, (the slides and so fourth) but keep the pumps, drain the water, and i think they should start over with some sort of different park. (but they have to have clean water not river water). is neone w/ me?!?!?!?

Mickeyman101

WDWFREAK53

Such a shame...great memories of going there when I was younger :(

Oh well...they've completely given up on it...breaking theme with a Tomorrowland trash can in River Country :cry:

monorail_man

Account Suspended
First off. I didn't know RC was gone. (it's been a while since I have been in Fla) Wow I really liked that place.

MickeyMan101 said:
first of all that is disgustin! they need to do something with that place. Can u say misquteo city? it looks as if they have just been useing it as a junk farm. I personally think that they should tear down everything, (the slides and so fourth) but keep the pumps, drain the water, and i think they should start over with some sort of different park. (but they have to have clean water not river water). is neone w/ me?!?!?!?

Mickeyman101

Keep the pumps/ different park?????? Different as in ANOTHER water park???

I think Disney should stop changing all the classics.

SirGoofy

I think Disney should stop changing all the classics.[/QUOTE]

THey didn't want to close it, people stopped going because there were more popular water parks.

Scooter

Boy...what I would give to own that trash can.

Anyone wanna boost it for me?

I'll make it worth your while. :animwink: :lol:

monorail_man

Account Suspended
Scooter said:
Boy...what I would give to own that trash can.

Anyone wanna boost it for me?

I'll make it worth your while. :animwink: :lol:

I'll do it. I'll give you the trash can and I'll keep the logo/sign on the side :D

DonickCo

diesel said:
Hello everyone. i just thought i would put up some pics of the now closed run down river country. I posted this earlier to another thread. But I thought hey people may want to see these. I know there were a lot of fans of this park and to have disney give up on it was a total let down. It did have a feel to it like the other 2 water parks just don't have. (just my thought here) So these pics are from the inside of rc. plus the ghost town of a cast area. they were taken this past late summer. (the way in? no security no signs no fences no nothing.) Like i said i know there were a lot of fans (me being one) so i just thought everyone would like to have one last look before its gone. If anyone else has pictures please post here i would love to see them as i'm sure others would. thanks....http://users.adelphia.net/~tburr/ Oh. and on a side note. Why do u think there is a tommorow land trash can in the cast area. wonder who floated that across the lake.

just an FYI all the shooting data is still in those images... like the exect time and date the shotes were taken... looks like u were up late...hehehehehe... and on some of the shots he did use a flash...

diz420

Thanks

Thanks for the photos. I too rember river country from my younger years......even though I'm not that old. But still nice to see. Does anyone know how the TL trash can got all the way to River Country?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
diz420 said:
Thanks for the photos. I too rember river country from my younger years......even though I'm not that old. But still nice to see. Does anyone know how the TL trash can got all the way to River Country?

Took the monorail to the TTC and then got on a bus:lol:

Seriously, There is the demmand for another water park, particularly during peak seasons (all the times BB has been filled to capacity)the problem for RC was the water quality. I guess considering the size and design of RC and cost of upgrades it did not make sense. RC was a world class attraction for its time and now its just sitting there rotting, at least for the sake of "good show" they could clean it up or tear it down.:cry:

-ADN

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
OMG...I can not believe how they have just let the place just fall apart. I've kinda been wondering for the last few years what it looked like in there since it closed down...not a pretty picture at all. I think the TL trash can is definetly a nice touch...is there that much of a shortage of trash cans that they had to use one from somewhere else? lol. Besides it being bad show...letting it decay like that cant be healthy...like someone else mentioned it has to be like a huge mosquito resort. Yick.... I dont really care what they do with it at this point (hopefully they'll turn it into something useful and equally as unique) but they've got to tear it down...or something. Boo hoo. :cry:

P.S.- Who ever decided to go in and take those pics (diesel) is much braver than I am...i'd be too afraid of getting caught..then again Disney isn't doing much to keep people out...obviously. Was it scary being there at night and it being as decayed as it is?

mr.bad

3 THINGS. 1,HOW DID YOU TAKE THOSE PICS. 2, IT LOOKS LIKE A WATER PARK FOR THE HAUNTED MANSION. AND 3,I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW DIRTY THOSE POOLS ARE. I HAVE ONE IN MY BACKYARD AND ITS FILTHY IN ONE WEEK!

:fork: PATRIOTS!:fork:

lamarvenoy

WHOA! CREEPY. I don't know if I could have walked around that place at night. Its getting pretty nasty.They should tear down or fix it but both cost money so neither will happen for awhile. That place could be very dangerous in its current accessible trashed condition. Some tourist kid is gonna get hurt there one night.

Brick Tamland

They just need to rehab that area MAJORLY into what it used to be, a "down home swimmin' hole". We have the Tropical Water park(Typhoon Lagoon) and the cold weathered water park(Blizzard Beach) but the only stereotype water park needed is the "country lake" SO PUT VERY SIMPLY: RESTORE RIVER COUNTRY TO ITS FORMER GLORY, but we wont see that happen, o well

TimeTrip

Brick Tamland said:
They just need to rehab that area MAJORLY into what it used to be, a "down home swimmin' hole". We have the Tropical Water park(Typhoon Lagoon) and the cold weathered water park(Blizzard Beach) but the only stereotype water park needed is the "country lake" SO PUT VERY SIMPLY: RESTORE RIVER COUNTRY TO ITS FORMER GLORY, but we wont see that happen, o well

RC cannot compare to TL or BB because there just aren't enough rides/slide compared to the other 2. Also, the park was a pain to get to. It was a pleasant diversion, but it pales in comparison to TL or BB.

epcotfan

Ooh. RC at night is really creepy. I'd be terrified walking around there at night. It is really sad that Disney is just letting it rot away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom