River Contry

Craigjr93

Original Poster
Hey people i have a question. You all know that Disneys River Contry is Closed. What Do you think they will be doing with the empty park??? They had some rumors about it opening it up but it has not.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Unless it becomes something exclusive to Fort Wilderness, nothing. The best we can hope for is it to be levelled and the eyesore removed. RC is in the wrong place in todays WDW to handle the attention it would get if it reopened.

Jerm

Here is a picture of it from 2 years ago...I doubt they have done with it since then excpet let it grow more.
549996399_11b1c28645.jpg

Craig & Lisa

Well, while watching the travel channel last night they said that RC was the first water park in the US. but since they closed it before they made the show, ( which was made in 2001 ) it of course did not make the top ten, BB was number 2 though.

stephdanielle

I'm sure I do know and have just forgotten, or maybe I don't, but either way...why exactly did River Country close anyways? I went one time when I was younger, and remember I didn't like it at all, but seeing pictures and whatnot now, it looks much different than I remembered!

Disneyfanman

Disney never officially said why River Country closed. Speculation includes a growing bacterial count in the water, worries about gators and snakes, accidents due to design, and other things. It was probably a combination of many factors, but if Disney could still make money at it safely, then you can be sure that it would still be open.

stephdanielle

Hmm interesting, thanks! Not to bombard with questions, but any idea why they haven't done anything with the space since it has closed? It seems so strange for them to just leave it there to become overgrown and whatnot.

TheDisneyMagic

I guess because its cheaper for them to just leave it sitting there instead of tearing it down.

Its not as if Walt Disney World is in desperate need for land at the moment.

^ man that would need a major clean up effort to get it into running shape again. Well not Major just a weeks worth of work and a Little Disney Magic and Pixie Dust.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom