Rise of the Resistance

phillip9698

I typed up a detailed PM reply but the system said it was spam and wouldn't let me send it. It contained no spam links, no offensive words or anything, so I do not know why it will not let me share it with you.

Ugh that stinks.

Do you use the clock on your phone? Wifi or cell?

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

a + b = c
I do have pretty extensive experience in being able to ride without issue. I did say I’m not sure why people aren’t getting it, so I’m not saying I know the answer.

In my experience, it’s been no issue. What else can I contribute?

Skibum1970

I do have pretty extensive experience in being able to ride without issue. I did say I’m not sure why people aren’t getting it, so I’m not saying I know the answer.

In my experience, it’s been no issue. What else can I contribute?

While I don't want to speak for someone else, I think that the point was that people are riding/re-riding which prevents new visitors from being able to experience the ride. It isn't wrong to do so but, with limited capacity due to ride downtime and popularity, many people cannot experience the ride due to no reservation availability. Obviously, the whole point of having an AP is to be able to go whenever you want and to experience rides on your own desire. However, it causes a chokepoint when a few thousand (number made up in my head) attend HS and ride RotR each day. In that scenario, however that number represents the same fewer number of vacationing guests that can experience the ride. Again, I'm not saying that AP holders are wrong for doing this but trying to explain what was intended (unless I misunderstood @larryz formula).

It really comes back down to the main ride not hitting 2,000 pph on an IP that is very popular. It's kind of like the impact FP+ had except that you could still have done standby on FP+, assuming that you were willing to wait a while.

nickys

Premium Member
If there is a breakdown that can't be fixed timely, everyone in line is given "special" FP for Rise.
This here is one of the problems.

Certainly at the beginning, it was so unreliable that it could be down for 3-4 hours a day. If they gave out FOs to everyone who was in the line and couldn’t ride, then the knock-on effect for the next day might be there were so many FPs handed out that they couldn’t open the stand-by line until noon. The eventual result is no stand-by.

My fear is that when the hotel opens that they will black out huge sections of time in galaxys edge for only the hotel people (to keep up the cosplay) or blackout huge portions of the boarding passes.
It won’t be huge numbers though. It’s 100 rooms and it’ll probably be once during the stay, so twice a week. And it would also be staggered, even if everyone came on the same day.
Mind sharing your technique?
There’s a dedicated thread about the ride which includes the steps. Possibly someone has it bookmarked and can post the link, otherwise I’ll see if I can find the actual post.

RoadiJeff

Ugh that stinks.

Do you use the clock on your phone? Wifi or cell?
I use a somewhat inexpensive Casio watch that syncs itself to the atomic clock signal up to 6x per day - very accurate. I thought perhaps the fact that I mentioned the brand of watch I use in my original PM to you was the cause of it being flagged as spam but I just tried to send you another copy (I saved it) without the name and it still would not let me.

Also, I included details on using the Disney WiFi versus my own cell plan and that you can test each one to see which is faster with a free program called Speedtest (Google search). I used Disney in the past.

Beacon Joe

I live in the St. Louis area and I frequently play the boarding pass game on my phone at the two magic times per day back home just for fun and to practice for whenever I return to Disney. I know how to get a boarding pass within 3 seconds of when the atomic clock time changes to 7:00 and 1:00 EDT. It still stops me from getting one because the system knows that I do not have a ticket reservation for that day, so I am not depriving anyone else from getting a pass who is actually there. It's still fun to play. :)

This intrigues me. I thought that the boarding part of the app first conducted a check of a valid park day pass? Fake internet rumor, like the "in the park" geofencing check I heard floated a while ago?

nickys

Premium Member
This intrigues me. I thought that the boarding part of the app first conducted a check of a valid park day pass? Fake internet rumor, like the "in the park" geofencing check I heard floated a while ago?
It does check, so you can’t go all the way to getting a BG.

But you can still hit join and join again. If you then get a screen saying something like “Hang on, does everyone have a park reservation?” that indicates a trial “success”.

correcaminos

We had a total SW geek with us so we rode it a couple times. Being on with time.gov and 4 phones... it feels too much. We got BG 49 and 10 on our trip and while it was cool to go on, it wasn't anyone's favorite ride. The 7 am stuff made it worse IMO. I do like walking around the land when not crowded, but otherwise Batuu was not fun with all the lines. I am hoping it will eventually calm down but if not, we'll skip for now.

RoadiJeff

My solo visit to DW last September was memorable in that it was right in the middle of the pandemic, Disney was limiting crowds to 25% (?) capacity, people were hesitant to travel, etc., and as I walked around through different parks each day it reminded me of the good old days 20-something years ago when the crowds were much lower. I don't think I will ever see it like that again. I even got a solo pic in front of the famous Walt Disney and Micky statue without dozens of other people in the way.

20200919_103051.jpg

LittleMerman

Nothing crazy about it. Any new attraction ( RotR, 7DMT, MMRRR, SD, and others) will be overly popular. Everyone entering the park wants to target that newly opened, publicized, over hyped attraction. Theres only so many seats on the attraction ride car and so only many riders that can ride in an hour. Cut those numbers down for stoppages or break downs and theres even less riders that will ever get to ride through in the time the parks are open. The longer a time your trip can be and the more days you get into a park, you have better possibilities that youll make it. Buying a ticket doesnt guarantee anyone a ride.
Thanks for proving my point

nickys

Premium Member
If the attraction is operating reliably there is no reason that a standby line should not be available and the standby line should be available to join up until park closing.
At what point would that decision be made? Do you give it an hour or two in the morning and then open the line? And if the ride went down, then what happens? The issue is that the ride isn’t reliably reliable from day to day.

nickys

Premium Member
That’s why I said “if the attraction is running reliably” - if the attraction still isn’t running reliably on either coast - that’s another issue.
That’s always been the issue. Which brings us back to the whole VQ thing!

I think the main thing about using the FP & standby approach is an FP at least is a kind of promise. If someone has an FP and can’t ride, there could be so many recovery FPs given out that the following day you could have even more who can’t ride it.

A standby only approach though is worth considering, IMO. But again, would you want to be at GS on a day when it breaks down and they are flooded with guests who were waiting for 3 hrs + only for the ride to go down? Or be in that line?

nickys

Premium Member
I haven’t been following that closely... is Rise still that unreliable?
I don’t know how often it’s actually breaking down, as in whether it happens daily etc. But the number of groups called for boarding varies considerably from day to day, so I assume breakdowns are the cause. I can’t see why the numbers in each BG would differ from day to day, so breakdowns seem the most likely reason.

Rockishcoco

I don’t know if this is the right thread for this, but thought I would ask. Would anyone be interested in a Rise of the Resistance Status Watch thread, similar to the one for Everest? I ride it quite a bit and have been noticing what effects are working and what aren’t. Does this thread already exist or no?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don’t know if this is the right thread for this, but thought I would ask. Would anyone be interested in a Rise of the Resistance Status Watch thread, similar to the one for Everest? I ride it quite a bit and have been noticing what effects are working and what aren’t. Does this thread already exist or no?
I dont believe we have a specific thread for that, although there have been updates in the general Rise thread. Feel free to start one. :)

I am sure people would be interested.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom